Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber's fan meet up in Australia.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I’ve come across Seagulls Social a few times now and have to say they come across as a few Arsenal Fans TV wannabes.

I suspect posting this stuff won’t paint them in a good light with a fair few. Still, feeds thier desperate need for likes and shares.
Bit harsh. Enthusiastic youngsters who S
Seem like a nice bunch to me. Just probably should have let SDU put out their own forum round up, with hindsight.

Like anyone they will drop a few bollocks but compared to some of the video 'content providers' you see from other clubs we could have a lot worse.

No biggy.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Bit harsh. Enthusiastic youngsters who S
Seem like a nice bunch to me. Just probably should have let SDU put out their own forum round up, with hindsight.

Like anyone they will drop a few bollocks but compared to some of the video 'content providers' you see from other clubs we could have a lot worse.

No biggy.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Maybe you’re right. As I say I’ve only come across them a few times as it’s not really my sort of thing. Possibly when I have it’s when they’ve done or said some stupid, which we all can from time to time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely ridiculous that SDU are getting all prissy about Barber's comments "leaking" out onto social media. Its a meet-up with fans, not a bloody war cabinet. Barber will have disclosed exactly what he wanted to have disclosed, he's not daft or naive enough to actually believe that his remarks, in a fans forum, would be part of the official secrets act. Requests for the tweets to be deleted are pathetic- you can't push toothpaste back into the tube.

My message to SDU - get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

It's quite possible in a Q&A meeting, someone asked if Insisco is going out on loan, and Barber has said it might happen, so is reported as definitely happening, The same with a preseason tour, where the USA was mentioned and Barber says, we'd still like to do it.

It's all a bit Chinese Whispers imo.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agreed.

Two things:

1/ The Paraguyian going out on loan is a surprise

2/ I've purchased tickets to New York

Enciso going on loan doesn't surprise me at all. We do this more often than not with young players when they're having to make a big step up to PL level football.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ve come across Seagulls Social a few times now and have to say they come across as a few Arsenal Fans TV wannabes.

I suspect that posting this kind of stuff doesn’t paint them in a good light with some either. Still, feeds thier desperate need for likes and shares I guess.
If gets anywhere near the size of ARse TV they will make good money you have to admire the effort.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I suspect that posting this kind of stuff doesn’t paint them in a good light with some either. Still, feeds thier desperate need for likes and shares I guess.

We aim to please :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Enciso going on loan doesn't surprise me at all. We do this more often than not with young players when they're having to make a big step up to PL level football.

Indeed. Easy to forget that Enciso mainly has been playing at a level where most teams would get royally ****ed by League One teams.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Whilst I agree with you about it being very possible, it does seem contradictory to see how he settles and then send him to another club where he has to settle again.
Young kid in a new country learning a new language needs to feel comfortable. Not go to Stoke and learn midlands speak!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm out of the loop... are the two Australian Paul Barber fan clubs fighting eachother?

The Australian Paul Barber Fan Club vs the Paul Barber Fan Club of Australia?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Looks like you’ve got at least one vote in the bag when it comes to the next football club content creators awards :lolol:

Luckily I have no control of the social media accounts, otherwise you'd be seeing the seagulls social occasionally confess their love to Phoebe Bridgers or call Lord Adonis bald a lot more.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
When we went to a Seagulls Over London meet, a while ago, TB was guest of honour.
I'm sure that anything that was said in the room, was meant to stay in the room.
As I remember, I didn't see anything mentioned on SM.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I wonder if @officialSDU has calmed down yet? I wouldn't like to be his wife, absolutely raging.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
When we went to a Seagulls Over London meet, a while ago, TB was guest of honour.
I'm sure that anything that was said in the room, was meant to stay in the room.
As I remember, I didn't see anything mentioned on SM.

In the age that we live in, I think it would highly unlikely that TB, PB or any other club exec would share anything in a fan’s forum-style arena that they wouldn’t be comfortable ending up on social media.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
In the age that we live in, I think it would highly unlikely that TB, PB or any other club exec would share anything in a fan’s forum-style arena that they wouldn’t be comfortable ending up on social media.
Spot on. I was there. He didn't. But everyone hears things a little differently. Just because you read something on social media doesn't mean it is precisely true - even if the poster is trying to be accurate.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
It's quite possible in a Q&A meeting, someone asked if Insisco is going out on loan, and Barber has said it might happen, so is reported as definitely happening, The same with a preseason tour, where the USA was mentioned and Barber says, we'd still like to do it.

It's all a bit Chinese Whispers imo.
100% correct (and see my previous comment)

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You’re assuming it’s a he ?

Good point could be a she or a they.

Apologies to @officialSDU, wouldn't want to make their mood any worse by making assumptions on their gender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here