Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Paul Barber press conference

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bloom and Barber don't want a yes man. Yes they want continuity but that doesn't mean a new manager just comes in as some kind of hand puppet for the ghost of GP. They'll want someone with their own ideas both in terms of the team and tactics, youth development and players coming in, AND someone who has the strength of character to implement all that. Both B and B have said they have no pretences about their ability beyond their own roles- they get in experts around them to do specific jobs, they just give them the tools and support to carry it all out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloom and Barber don't want a yes man. Yes they want continuity but that doesn't mean a new manager just comes in as some kind of hand puppet for the ghost of GP. They'll want someone with their own ideas both in terms of the team and tactics, youth development and players coming in, AND someone who has the strength of character to implement all that. Both B and B have said they have no pretences about their ability beyond their own roles- they get in experts around them to do specific jobs, they just give them the tools and support to carry it all out.

Maybe not any more. Maybe the next guy won't just mindlessly repeat the mantra "Yes Sir, No Sir, I'm Happy With The Squad Sir" like the last guy did. Still, Chelsea's problem now. Only the terminology has changed. Collaborative Approach eh? Roughly translated: "Yes Sir, No Sir, How High Do You Want Me To Jump Sir?"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
https://youtu.be/7lsgGzvM8dQ

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

In the current mood, a great professional PC by PB.
PB showing a certain amount of decorum given the circumstances.

Screenshot_20220912_151511.jpg
I bet TB has this sign near him :lolol:

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Good interview, and one that needed to be done for press and for fans. Didn't reveal much that we didn't know or guess, but seeing people saying this makes a difference psychologically.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One person who has been loyal to Tony Bloom and the Albion is Paul Barber.

Almost certainly he has had tempting offers but he is still here. And he is very important to the club, especially in times like these....

Now you've gone and done it :facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One person who has been loyal to Tony Bloom and the Albion is Paul Barber.

Almost certainly he has had tempting offers but he is still here. And he is very important to the club, especially in times like these....

At least, after the events of the past week, more fans will be a bit better prepared when Barbs leaves.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I may disagree with PB on sharing scheme and charging to print tickets but you coudnt have a better person to put in front of media. PB appeared on talk sport recently and told them clubs due diligence means they have somebody in mind for every position in the club. Hopefully that includes head coach

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The most interesting comment imo was when he said he was particularly disappointed about Bruno and Roberts going. That is certainly in line with my view that the club has been badly treated by Potter taking not only the team he brought with him but also 2 coaches who were not part of the team that arrived here with him. I feel that the honeymoon period between Bloom and the Chelsea Yank is over and next time Todd calls looking to hollow out the playing squad he may not get a warm reply.

Edit: maybe Bloom should send them Levi's head on a plate with a dead fish?

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
The most interesting comment imo was when he said he was particularly disappointed about Bruno and Roberts going. That is certainly in line with my view that the club has been badly treated by Potter taking not only the team he brought with him but also 2 coaches who were not part of the team that arrived here with him. I feel that the honeymoon period between Bloom and the Chelsea Yank is over and next time Todd calls looking to hollow out the playing squad he may not get a warm reply.

Edit: maybe Bloom should send them Levi's head on a plate with a dead fish?

Suspect Levi might not be too keen on that idea :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here