Paul Barber interview on more seats for FA Cup match with Arsenal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Not sure if they have tickets in the East as they only seem to have £28 tickets on sale the Arsenal website. Most importantly did he say if they are producing half and half scarfs?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not comparing Barber to anything sinister at all (lets make that VERY clear) but history is littered with examples off lying chief execs. I'm glad the fans question rather than blindly accept changes they dislike. This is not a criticism of Barber just a criticism of those who think fans shouldn't question 'the facts' sold to them by senior figures.
Totally agree, and no Chief Exec esp a Brighton one is going to get a free ride.

But without listening again and noting them down, it felt like Barber said at least 3 out and out definitive facts, and made at least 2 references to lies on here.
I was just thinking the next time someone says '£40 ticket' (certainly one of his issues) and PB has already stated the fact, then that should be available, outside of the website.

Personally I couldn't go to the Newcastle game so didn't get involved in the ticketing issues.
But I was surprised me & Jnr's Arsenal tickets only came to £35, kind of bearing out Barber's point of view.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've not listened to this, but I did catch PB's Roar interview (and this saves me all the hassle of finding a more relevant thread!)

Anyhoo, my point is Mr Barber seemed to make a fair few pointed comments towards misinformation on NSC (what other forums are there).
He then went on to back this up with his own FACTS.
I guess facts coming from the Chief Exec are pretty close to the truth :lol:.
Should his definitive statements be made more prominent, perhaps a section here.

Sort of like this...?

From the Chief Executive

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
28,000 comprising

16,000 albion

1,000 have been to the emirates
11,000 never been to the emirates or highbury, but consider themselves 'lifelong' Gooners having switched as adults from clubs not wlnning trophies, in the George Graham era.

How are the 12,000 obtaining tickets? Through Bton fans not bothered so much about the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah but perhaps that could be padded out more, and not so generic
PB was pretty damning of forum lies, and the effect that can have on future revenue.

If he's sees such specific misinformation, or ideally can pre-empt them. Lets face it price, travel, & food pretty much covers us, and it's that important that the right message gets across, perhaps he should have a direct line to the section of fans that are troubling him.
It obviously grated him.

(Edit Sorry that's a terrible paragraph I'm going for a lay down!)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've not listened to this, but I did catch PB's Roar interview (and this saves me all the hassle of finding a more relevant thread!)

Anyhoo, my point is Mr Barber seemed to make a fair few pointed comments towards misinformation on NSC (what other forums are there).
He then went on to back this up with his own FACTS.
I guess facts coming from the Chief Exec are pretty close to the truth :lol:.
Should his definitive statements be made more prominent, perhaps a section here.

I suppose his own facts were regarding the Honey Badgers bravery!? No doubt he voted Cassowary, the w*nker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports