Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber Absolutely Seething

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who are the 'they' in this? The club? No of course not. I'm not suggesting leaving lids on makes the club re-use them, but some customers. If your 'they' is the customer, then I disagree. Yes, there will always be some who throw them away, but there are plenty of people out there who like to reuse the pop bottles - convenient to put squash or water in when popping out to the park, somewhere there isn't a convenient shop etc. They can't do that if the club doesn't let them have the tops, so they are more inclined to throw it away.

:facepalm: I'm guessing you have plastic bottles at home so surely that will meet your reusable purpose. It would be really sad if you were missing out on taking squash to the park just because of a national Premier league policy regarding bottle tops. Worthy of a letter to your MP?

Also, by they, I'm referring to companies that recycle plastics.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:facepalm: I'm guessing you have plastic bottles at home so surely that will meet your reusable purpose. It would be really sad if you were missing out on taking squash to the park just because of a national Premier league policy regarding bottle tops. Worthy of a letter to your MP?

Also, by they, I'm referring to companies that recycle plastics.

This isn't about me. This is about the club and the contradiction they have created:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/club/environmental-statement/

"As such, the club is fully committed to reducing single-use plastics, removing plastic drinking straws, spoons and stirrers, while selling water in bottles that are 100% recyclable."

So committed to reducing single use plastics people can't have flasks but can have a single use plastic cup of water, or buy a single use plastic cup of tea. They can buy a bottle of water that can get thrown in the recycling and dumped in a landfill or an incinerator somewhere because there is too much single use plastic being sent for recycling.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Maybe the club should move to serving fizzy pop in paper cups like fast food joints?

They can fill it to the brim with ice to make a few more £ too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This isn't about me. This is about the club and the contradiction they have created:

"As such, the club is fully committed to reducing single-use plastics, removing plastic drinking straws, spoons and stirrers, while selling water in bottles that are 100% recyclable."

So committed to reducing single use plastics people can't have flasks but can have a single use plastic cup of water, or buy a single use plastic cup of tea. They can buy a bottle of water that can get thrown in the recycling and dumped in a landfill or an incinerator somewhere because there is too much single use plastic being sent for recycling.

Who said the plastic cup is single use or can't be recycled?

If I'm reading this right now you'd be happier if all drinks were sold in cardboard cups!

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

Water miles should be an environmental consideration, the last bottle I bought at Falmer was from Turkey. Not as environmentally sound as the concourse water fountains punted by PB ( covid might have killed that off though)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Who said the plastic cup is single use or can't be recycled?

If I'm reading this right now you'd be happier if all drinks were sold in cardboard cups!

Have you seen the cups at the stadium? Do you think they are regularly being be re-used? They're strewn on the floor, thered be a lot of health and safety issues if they are reusing them.

It would be more consistent with the club's stated environmental policy if they allowed (or even encouraged) fans to bring drinks containers designed for regular reuse as they do their own staff (whether flasks or sports bottles etc). Wouldn't make any difference to my happiness, to be honest. I'm not unhappy about this, just highlighting the contradiction. And a little confused why people are seemingly so desperate to waste as much plastic possible despite all the evidence of the damage it is doing to the planet. But to each their own, I guess.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have you seen the cups at the stadium? Do you think they are regularly being be re-used? They're strewn on the floor, thered be a lot of health and safety issues if they are reusing them.

It would be more consistent with the club's stated environmental policy if they allowed (or even encouraged) fans to bring drinks containers designed for regular reuse as they do their own staff (whether flasks or sports bottles etc). Wouldn't make any difference to my happiness, to be honest. I'm not unhappy about this, just highlighting the contradiction. And a little confused why people are seemingly so desperate to waste as much plastic possible despite all the evidence of the damage it is doing to the planet. But to each their own, I guess.

What are you banging on about? Paper cups would be recycled, not washed and used again but recycled.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
If they can manage recyclable cups at Wembley (and in Dicks) they can surely manage them at The Amex.

Good news that the water fountains might be coming in. I've been refused tap water before which I'm pretty sure is illegal. £1.80 for a bottle of water with no lid for goodness sake

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here