Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patrick Moore dies

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We are talking about things that happened 30 plus years ago and that I was not dealing with directly. This was when Gas was still a nationalised industry and it was correspondence mostly with the customer accounts department, with very senior management. Whether his complaint was justified or not is something I can't comment on because I can't remember the details. But i do remember the letters were rude and sarcastic to the extent of unpleasantness.

I subscribe to the view that it is not necessary to be rude when you are complaining about something. Apart from anything else it's counter-productive, because if you have a genuine and justified complaint, people are more likely to be sympathetic and do more for you if you are nice about it. If you are effing and blinding at someone over the phone (which Patrick Moore didn't - I am not accusing him of that), you can expect to have the phone put down on you.

i could be wrong but i think you dont like him because he was able to prove shit with evidence that your religion is a load of interstellar bollocks when it claims the earth is only a few thousand years old

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We are talking about things that happened 30 plus years ago and that I was not dealing with directly. This was when Gas was still a nationalised industry and it was correspondence mostly with the customer accounts department, with very senior management. Whether his complaint was justified or not is something I can't comment on because I can't remember the details. But i do remember the letters were rude and sarcastic to the extent of unpleasantness.

I subscribe to the view that it is not necessary to be rude when you are complaining about something. Apart from anything else it's counter-productive, because if you have a genuine and justified complaint, people are more likely to be sympathetic and do more for you if you are nice about it. If you are effing and blinding at someone over the phone (which Patrick Moore didn't - I am not accusing him of that), you can expect to have the phone put down on you.

So, 30 years ago he wrote a rude letter (without swear words) to a colleague of yours most likely after being frustrated with a poor service. Is this what you're suggesting? Call the cops!

bernardo

Nov 2, 2012
Cheers. I spent two hours thinking how proud would Dickens be of me, and then Jamesandthegianthead comes out with the greatest piece of footage in the space era.

bernardo

Nov 2, 2012
Cheers. I spent two hours thinking how proud would Dickens be of me, and then Jamesandthegianthead comes out with the greatest piece of footage in the space era.
This was to Pastafarian. Thanks for the comment. Excuse my English as the expression should have been 'comes up' rather than 'comes out'. thanks again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i could be wrong but i think you dont like him because he was able to prove shit with evidence that your religion is a load of interstellar bollocks when it claims the earth is only a few thousand years old

Here's an interesting quote from Sir Patrick Moore

“I’m near the end of my life now. It doesn’t worry me. I don’t think it ends here, you see. If it did, the entire thing would be pointless, but the universe is not pointless. No, this isn’t the end. We go on to the next stage. I shall be interested to see what it is.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here