Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross - we thank you

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Has there been a better signing for us in the PL?

el punal

There was a bit in one of the many Albion v West Ham clips that summed up how influential Pascal is within the team - Julio Enciso had had an unbelievable shot saved. Gross straightaway went up to Enciso and tapped him on the shoulder to remind him of his responsibilities to the team and get back into position. Respect indeed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
On a side note, he'll make his 200th Brighton appearance against Palace if he plays against Leeds at the weekend.

And to think a couple of years ago there were so many of us who thought his time at the albion was coming to an end.
I was one of those who doubted Gross and thought his time had come to an end with us. Never been happier to have been proven completely wrong, what a plum!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was one of those who doubted Gross and thought his time had come to an end with us. Never been happier to have been proven completely wrong, what a plum!
So was I. I just couldn't see where he'd get in to the team. He was playing in a team lacking pace and was getting played further back and at wing back at times, it just felt like his days were numbered. Then Potter started playing him further forward, the magic returned and he hasn't looked back and his lack of pace is no longer an issue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And me

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There was a bit in one of the many Albion v West Ham clips that summed up how influential Pascal is within the team - Julio Enciso had had an unbelievable shot saved. Gross straightaway went up to Enciso and tapped him on the shoulder to remind him of his responsibilities to the team and get back into position. Respect indeed.
There is definately a future coach in there somewhere.

el punal

What he lacks in pace and speed, he more than makes up for it with his intelligence and fitness.

The blokes running/pitch coverage stats, have been insane.
I did have a chuckle when we were 3-0 up against Everton and one of their players executed the worst back pass of all time. Who was onto it in a . . . . flash? Our wonderful speed merchant Pascal, with just enough pace to take the ball and lift it over Pickford for a sublime goal. :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Great find. I really do think we'd be best off with him as the number 10 and Mac as 6/8 for the rest of the season. He's the best finisher at the club. Links up so well with Solly and the Mac Moises pivot is our best CM partnership. I get that RDZ plays Mac there but don't there's anyone who's seen Macs development who wouldn't know say he is a better DM than AM.
I completely agree. Gross further forward is his best position, he can find deadly passes through to the front 3

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has there been a better signing for us in the PL?
In terms of value for money, no. In terms of pure footballing ability, yes, probably (and I LOVE Groß!)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I thought I was too old to have a favourite player, turns out I was wrong. For me it’s the memorable moments he has delivered, not just good goals but truly ‘remember where you were’ moments that will go down in our history. Just off the top of my head:

1. Our first ever Premier League Goals
2. THAT goal against Man United to keep us up. As important as any goal in recent history, who knows where we’d be if we had gone straight back down.
3. The equaliser against Newcastle towards the end of Hughtons reign. Felt like we would never score again and that goal and point were huge.
4. The double to give us our first league win at Old Trafford
5. That fourth goal against Chelsea to really hammer the win home. Glorious.
6. The goal against West Ham on the last day of last season that ensured our best ever league finish.

His level of goals and assists have been ludicrously consistent. A true club legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here