Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wonderful AGAIN.

Astonishing the way he’s kicked on the last 6 months at the age of 31. I honestly thought he was done at the start of the year. He’s playing better than he ever has for us.

I just think it's a positional thing. He's a better player further forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to believe that Gross was being written off as no longer good enough a couple of years ago. I’ll admit to thinking it may be true. Slow, a liability and the moans on here when his name appeared on the team sheet :lolol:

We really do know feck all as fans

Anyone else going to hold their hand up?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I just think it's a positional thing. He's a better player further forward.

That's why we signed him. He was relegated with Paderborn? the season he came to us but his stats for chances created were top class. Cost us £3.5m iirc. If he had some speed about him he wouldn't be playing for us!

I think he's pure class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1563632443973783552[/tweet]

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Absolutely class start to the season for him. There were points last year where I wondered if we needed an upgrade on him, but so glad that he's stayed. Happy to be proven wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hard to believe that Gross was being written off as no longer good enough a couple of years ago. I’ll admit to thinking it may be true. Slow, a liability and the moans on here when his name appeared on the team sheet :lolol:

We really do know feck all as fans

Anyone else going to hold their hand up?

That was also me circa last February/March I think. Not only had he got slower, but the goals and assists had completely dried up.

Then he completely turned that around with stunning performances in our glorious run in, the renaissance man.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Towards the end of last season there was a stat re number of goals gross had been involved in (assisted or scored) in the premier league era - does anyone have the stat to hand? It was damned high

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
That was also me circa last February/March I think. Not only had he got slower, but the goals and assists had completely dried up.

Then he completely turned that around with stunning performances in our glorious run in, the renaissance man.

Agreed - he just seems to have got better with age.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Towards the end of last season there was a stat re number of goals gross had been involved in (assisted or scored) in the premier league era - does anyone have the stat to hand? It was damned high

67804290-28BA-4AC3-8161-BDF12BD120D2.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

2021/22 - Goals: 2 Assists: 4
2020/21 - Goals: 3 Assists: 8
2019/20 - Goals: 2 Assists: 4
2018/19 - Goals: 3 Assists: 3
2017/18 - Goals: 7 Assists: 8

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Stop judging him on assists...you've seen how we finish...his true value is in chances created. Always has been and always will be.

Jimmy Grimble

If he’s not in your greatest Brighton team of all time I really don’t know what to say.

The most intelligent and technically gifted player to serve The Albion.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We are damn lucky to have him , and we need to look after him , otherwise someone else will .

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Surely should be in consideration for die Mannschaft?

Well, unfortunately chances are as slim as Dunk's, probably even slimmer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ian Wright highlighted him and his range of passes on MOTD last night….. and a CLINICAL finish. Terrific goal.
I would say we’re lucky to have him, but we’re not. Our system found him and our Potter guides him!!!:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here