Pascal Pascal Groß

:moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes.

6 hours 40…..

After an horrendous couple of drives to the NW to see the Albion about 5 years ago …. one was a detour from the M6 Toll to Lichfield, generally one slow moving car park in Staffs/Cheshire, we’ve taken the train ever since. Fantastically short 2 hours from Euston to Manchester or Liverpool. A direct route avoiding other cities.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not entirely sure what you get from pulling up that comment, after an outstanding win, 90 minutes into a season, but hey you do you.

Wasn't looking for it, just stumbled across it :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You should have kept stumbling as it makes you look cheap and spiteful.

Wow. No need for that! We all have our 'never win anything with kids' moments. I have several a week.

In any case, you and I both know that Pascal won't score again this season. :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow. No need for that! We all have our 'never win anything with kids' moments. I have several a week.

In any case, you and I both know that Pascal won't score again this season. :wink:

No need for any of it, hence challenging the source of the spitefulness.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Given this still is a Pascal focused thread, what an intelligent player he is. His ability to make things happen, his movement, his timing, his choice of pass are a joy. Take the 1st goal, his improvised pass to help Caicedo break was instinctive. His flaw, and the one that he can't actually do anything about, is his pace, but in a system that reduces that pressure, he is such a positive influence on good things we do. Love him..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Given this still is a Pascal focused thread, what an intelligent player he is. His ability to make things happen, his movement, his timing, his choice of pass are a joy. Take the 1st goal, his improvised pass to help Caicedo break was instinctive. His flaw, and the one that he can't actually do anything about, is his pace, but in a system that reduces that pressure, he is such a positive influence on good things we do. Love him..

He is the perfect compliment when you put pace around him because he is the player that can unlock space for pace*.

The other aspect is his timing of runs and movement into space. Both goals should be in a training video about how to look like you're not a danger for the longest period possible to the point where the opposition only realise you are there as you are putting the ball in the net. It's genius really, a very instinctive quality. The second goal in particular is just an essay in finding the danger area no one else has seen.

One player I think who is really learning from him is Trossard. If he starts adding that to his game, his goal away to Arsenal a case in point, happy happy days!

*copyright Bold Seagull 2022.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Posted one of these in the match thread but they bear repeating because...well look at them...

[tweet]1556357270161727490[/tweet]
[tweet]1556277380284829698[/tweet]

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I need to watch the full 90 again to check this, but I have the feeling Pascal is now trusted to go wherever he likes on the pitch (a reflection of potters trust in the rest of the team to adapt accordingly as much as his trust in Groß). That the performances from end of last season to start of this are partly down to him getting to fully raumdeuter (someone else declench this) making full use of his engine and intelligence.
Though I agree if potter could order him to take up a conventional wide position until he's got a Groß turn in at least once a match that would be grand.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Wir haben GROSS,
Pascal GROSS,
Ich weisse sie verstehen nicht!
Er kostet vier mill,
Er besser als Ozil (ist!),
Wir haben Pascal GROSS.

Sorry Knockaert, your song has gone, son.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought he was poor on Saturday - not a single Gross turn in the entire match :moo:

I assumed I’d missed it. The first turn of a match is always a highlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assumed I’d missed it. The first turn of a match is always a highlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saving it for the home game.

Sorry that should have read

Saving them for the home game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I need to watch the full 90 again to check this, but I have the feeling Pascal is now trusted to go wherever he likes on the pitch (a reflection of potters trust in the rest of the team to adapt accordingly as much as his trust in Groß). That the performances from end of last season to start of this are partly down to him getting to fully raumdeuter (someone else declench this) making full use of his engine and intelligence.
Though I agree if potter could order him to take up a conventional wide position until he's got a Groß turn in at least once a match that would be grand.

I don't think that's unique to Groß.

Even before Biss left I've been saying I felt the team was heading to a more fluid structure.

The midfield is completely interchangeable.
March and Trossard likewise.
Webster can step up.
Obviously Cucu was all over the place.

Basically Sanchez Dunk and Welbeck are the only players where you'd expect them to be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When paired with Montoya, it was sometimes our achilles heel (Bmuff, Stains, Cardiff etc) in those early seasons.

Lamptey briefly, then Veltman sewed the right flank up, allowing Gross insurance to play.

Imho.

Probably connected to Montoya being shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here