Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross amnesty

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Now that Pascal is been called up to the German squad, there is no arguing his quality.

Feel free to admit that you doubted him on the past and join the amnesty.

I'll kick it off. I have been frustrated in the past and questioned all the managers who have seen his importance to the side when I didn't. Sorry Pascal.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Also guilty as charged.. I did wonder how someone that slow could be picked week in, week out.. Sorry Pascal!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup - definitely about 3-4 different moments where a player would come in and I'd think "OK, this is the Gross upgrade, he's probably done now" or similar.

Sorry Pascal. You are an Albion legend and proved many people wrong many times over.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I promise not to moan about his corner kicks against Newcastle if he fails to beat the first man with consecutive attempts.
Im sorry, he's a fantastic servant, but his corners are gash.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Sometimes he looks like he's running backwards he's that slow, but when he sprinted through against Everton last year and dinked the keeper he looked like Usain!
Our best buy in the premier league era, Top man, has so deserved it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Always been a huge fan of Pascal, but when it looked like he was going to return to Germany a couple of seasons ago I did think it was time for him to go as we looked to get younger and faster.

I have been dining at the Humble Pie Cafe for Idiot Football Fans ever since.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Now that Pascal is been called up to the German squad, there is no arguing his quality.

Feel free to admit that you doubted him on the past and join the amnesty.

I'll kick it off. I have been frustrated in the past and questioned all the managers who have seen his importance to the side when I didn't. Sorry Pascal.
I've always thought he has been one of the best purchases.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
My only frustration over the years has been that I suspect if he'd been given a kind of 10 role and almost had the team built around him he'd probably have got double the goals and assists.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough to all that, definitely an Albion legend. Nonethless, on how many 'Team for X' threads would a large number of NSCers proposals would have included Gross? Last season I would guess the most popular suggestions would have been something like:
Sanchez/Steele (depending on when in the season)
Veltman - Dunk - Colwill - Estupinan
Caicedo - Mac Allister
March - Lallana - Mitoma
Welbeck/Fergson​
This season, maybe more would put Gross in the team, at the moment at least - we don't yet really know how/where/if the newbies like Igor, Dahoud, Milner, Adingra etc. will fit in.
Whatever, we'll certainly miss him when he goes!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fair enough to all that, definitely an Albion legend. Nonethless, on how many 'Team for X' threads would a large number of NSCers proposals would have included Gross? Last season I would guess the most popular suggestions would have been something like:
Caicedo - Mac Allister
March - Lallana - Mitoma
Welbeck/Fergson​
This season, maybe more would put Gross in the team, at the moment at least - we don't yet really know how/where/if the newbies like Igor, Dahoud, Milner, Adingra etc. will fit in.
Yeah this.

Guilty of it myself frequently.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Caicedo - Mac Allister
March - Lallana - Mitoma
Welbeck/Fergson​
You pick your nine best on field players and then play Gross where the space is.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not guilty on this one: I've never doubted Pascal, the heartbeat of the team. I voted him as player of the year last season, as I've done on two previous occasions.
Yes, another supporter here, nothing has changed.

Class is permanent.

I know one NSCer who has had doubts….

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You pick your nine best on field players and then play Gross where the space is.
You might have - but I and a lot of others didn't. OK, Potter and RDZ might have picked their teams that way, of course (although they probably did it in a much more professional way!) - and I'm not denying they got it right. Just that many fans and supporters, whilst admiring Gross for all he's done at the Albion, still didn't include him in their 'Team for X' posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here