parry parry punch parry catch is Peter Brezovan our best 3rd choice?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
To be fair to Brez, some of his saves last season were quality, and did actually keep us in games. He just can't play in the big games.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was at the game and Brezovan is a liability. He's just an accident waiting to happen and the defence must know that as well. Just get rid and play East if need be.
This is the way I feel, unfortunately. Casper is the superior of the two, yes he had a dodgy spell around this time last year but I would pick him over Brez every time... one thing Ankergren rarely does is panic, you just feel with Brez he worries the hell out of the defenders playing in front of him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the way I feel, unfortunately. Casper is the superior of the two, yes he had a dodgy spell around this time last year but I would pick him over Brez every time... one thing Ankergren rarely does is panic, you just feel with Brez he worries the hell out of the defenders playing in front of him.

You obviously weren't at Middlesbrough or Coventry away as both games were lost due to Ankergren howlers.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
From the matches I have been at, Brez is very good at stopping shots, and has made some terrific saves. But ...

He used to catch crosses, now he either punches, tries to punch, or does that crazy 'Star Man' impression.
When he stops shots they tend to spill forward, rather than to the side, thereby giving following up strikers an opportunity (as today).

He is a very big man, young, and needs to learn from Kucsczak.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair point ... But surely he can still learn from him? I've had several beers tonight so may be talking complete sloblock!

He should be able to, but is he willing? Is he too set in his own development at this stage?
I only knew that because I had thought Brez was a few years younger than Ankergren and looked it up last year only to discover they are actually quite close in age (months apart as I recall).

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
From my interpretation of the radio, Huddersfield were putting in tricky teasing crosses that Brez should not have rushed out and tried to intercept (like Hart) but he should leave the ball to the full backs and on two occasions firstly Bruno and then Painter headed the ball out for a corner. When he punched the ball out it wasn't to a Huddersfield player. I will suspend by judgement until after I have seen the highlights. My thinking that Brez is usually over-confident and tends to go for crosses when he shouldn't. Now he may appear to be hesitant.

Defending corners has not been perfect lately though.

Our views are diametrically in opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports