Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

parry parry punch parry catch is Peter Brezovan our best 3rd choice?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
should we be worried, or should he still be on the payroll, should we thank God Casper Ankergren was injured? should he be given more match time? what are the alternatives?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would have Sexy Pete as our third choice, but there is a much bigger gulf between 1st and 2nd than 2nd and 3rd choices

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would have Sexy Pete as our third choice, but there is a much bigger gulf between 1st and 2nd than 2nd and 3rd choices

This, after Kuczszak we have a big drop in quality. But there can't be many decent keepers who would be happy to be 2nd choice.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
All true, how can the Albion boost his confidence without game play?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Quite.

With Brez playing today, people seem to have forgotten how poor Ankergren was last season, leading to him being dropped in favour of Brezovan. Even when Brez's form dropped off toward the end of the season, Ankergren was left on the bench. Ankergren was equally, if not more, iffy on crosses, with his strength being his comfort with the ball at his feet.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quite.

With Brez playing today, people seem to have forgotten how poor Ankergren was last season, leading to him being dropped in favour of Brezovan. Even when Brez's form dropped off toward the end of the season, Ankergren was left on the bench. Ankergren was equally, if not more, iffy on crosses, with his strength being his comfort with the ball at his feet.

Casper was at fault for many goals last season, his punt straight up the pitch in injury time against Leeds, which went straight to their keeper, then they scored, was one of many. I felt safer with Punch Parry Pete, but not over confident even so.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What we need is to find a huge 19/20 year old Keeper on the continent somewhere happy to learn his trade from our No.1 but is hungry to step in anytime so we can get rid of Brez and Anks

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully as the academy gets built we will, in the long term, be producing young stars to plug these gaps in quality without a desire to be first choice getting in the way

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite.

Exactly...although if Ankers hadnt been injured in training one imagines he would have been in goal as he's been on the bench in preference to brez all season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From my interpretation of the radio, Huddersfield were putting in tricky teasing crosses that Brez should not have rushed out and tried to intercept (like Hart) but he should leave the ball to the full backs and on two occasions firstly Bruno and then Painter headed the ball out for a corner. When he punched the ball out it wasn't to a Huddersfield player. I will suspend by judgement until after I have seen the highlights. My thinking that Brez is usually over-confident and tends to go for crosses when he shouldn't. Now he may appear to be hesitant.

Defending corners has not been perfect lately though.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Shows just how badly we needed to sign someone of TK's quality.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Doesnt have to be from the continent from anywhere would do and be an ideal acquisition.

I knew someone would pipe up with that. It's because you can find a player at a better price in some countries abroad compared to here a lot of the time

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
What we need is to find a huge 19/20 year old Keeper on the continent somewhere happy to learn his trade from our No.1 but is hungry to step in anytime so we can get rid of Brez and Anks

We had a quality younger keeper 2 seasons ago in Mitch Walker. Made his debut in the final game of the season and kept a clean sheet, and I thought "he's one for the future"! Then we let him go. Also thought he did Ok when he was in the reserves. Would have been an ideal youngster to bring through the system in the developement squad and then bring into the first team at a later date! But, hey what do I know, I'm only a fan. :p

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was at the game and Brezovan is a liability. He's just an accident waiting to happen and the defence must know that as well. Just get rid and play East if need be.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We had a quality younger keeper 2 seasons ago in Mitch Walker. Made his debut in the final game of the season and kept a clean sheet, and I thought "he's one for the future"! Then we let him go. Also thought he did Ok when he was in the reserves. Would have been an ideal youngster to bring through the system in the developement squad and then bring into the first team at a later date! But, hey what do I know, I'm only a fan. :p

Well yes, but I think the Academy will change our success in bringing through youngsters long term. Poyet makes the decisions and it is he that lives and dies by them. In the meantime, with our stretched budget, I would prefer an up and coming keeper and that is easier achieved away from these shores price wise

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was at the game and Brezovan is a liability. He's just an accident waiting to happen and the defence must know that as well. Just get rid and play East if need be.

East has gone north for a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here