Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parkinsons take on todays game...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"They caught us by surprise by playing a diamond - but they didn't hurt us until we gave them a sloppy goal. We handed them some basic goals and that cost us the game".

Ahh right. We didn't really hurt them all the while we were passing them to DEATH, and then they started HANDING us some goals.

Strange that. I just thought we outclassed them from start to finish, but then I was behind the goal (the one we banged, no sorry, were "handed" three into), so perhaps I had a funny perspective. Or something.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"They caught us by surprise by playing a diamond - but they didn't hurt us until we gave them a sloppy goal. We handed them some basic goals and that cost us the game".

Ahh right. We didn't really hurt them all the while we were passing them to DEATH, and then they started HANDING us some goals.

Strange that. I just thought we outclassed them from start to finish, but then I was behind the goal (the one we banged, no sorry, were "handed" three into), so perhaps I had a funny perspective. Or something.

I saw that quote on the BBC report... it's a shame for them that after we caugth them by surprise they didn't do anything to counteract it for, what? 65 minutes? Did he just sit there for an hour tutting to himself and admiring Gus?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt think it was the traditional diamond shape as I thought that Kishishev, Sparrow and Dicker played straighter and interchanged more than that with Bennett just behind Murray and Barnes.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

11 diamonds plus a few more on the bench parky you moron. Get back to supporting Barnsley and selling insurance for the over 60s!

TNBA

TTF

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Doesnt this just go to show how many diffenent ways we have of playing at the moment? f***ing love you Gus!!!!!!!!!!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't underestimate how crucial Calderon and Painter are in providing the width to the team in this formation. They played as wing backs but we didn't have to play a 5th defender to compensate as they were covering the flanks from box to box themselves, brilliant stuff

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a prat. Does he not realise he's making himself sound stupid and clueless.

just in fashion new

Dec 23, 2008
Eastbourne
It was obvious that Charlton spent all week working on trying to combat Lua Lua & then Poyet doesnt start him. Genius by Lord Gus. The diamond swamped them in midfield which they werent expecting. Cant believe in 2nd half Charlton didnt go like for like to try & combat it. That shows a real tactical unawareness by Parkinson.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How do you work that out? From the way he was completely shut down when he came on I suppose.

:facepalm:

It was a fairly logical comment I thought, Charlton were expecting the traditional 4-4-2 with Lua Lua and Bennett as the wingers. Gus trumped them though with the new strategy and by the time Lua Lua did come on the game was pretty much over

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't underestimate how crucial Calderon and Painter are in providing the width to the team in this formation. They played as wing backs but we didn't have to play a 5th defender to compensate as they were covering the flanks from box to box themselves, brilliant stuff

Spot on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
True though Kish dropped back into defence at times when we lost the ball.

To be fair to the guy they did hand us the second goal a bit :lol: though the huge pressure we placed them under helped. He has to come out and say something I suppose.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well in fairness to Parkinson, we are apparently the BIG SPENDERS in this league.
I mean you come to little old Charlton and their 19,000 crowds and its almost inevitable the likes of Brighton will turn them over almost at will. I mean how can they really compete ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here