Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at Falmer?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Aren't those spaces already allocated to the hotel though?

Technically yes, though some fans have already worked out that if you slip in the back entrance of the hotel, along the corridor past rooms 11-17 and then out past Reception loudly proclaiming "What a lovely day! I may go feed the ducks on the pond, then perhaps go for a brisk ramble along the South Downs Way" you'll probbaly get away with leaving your car there.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's so far out of town, you may have to stay at the Hotel on match days anyway. :down:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Seriously though....did anyone expect it to be this big...I thought they were sinking it into the ground?

They have Dave, it's something to do with the foundations having to be below ground level as opposed to just being plonked on top.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually I don't see why they don't just build a car park on the fields the other side of Village Way. There's TONS of space, they could easily build a HUGE car park for thousands of vehicles. In addition to serving the stadium it could act as a Park 'n' Ride for when the Council get round to wanting to have a proper solution to traffic congestion in Brighton.

Sorted!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
When the new stadium is finished, I, and I suspect lots of other fans, will start to be regulars at the matches.

How many parking places will there be for people who come by car?

From the photos i've seen, there do not seem to be many.

Is there going to be a Park-n-Ride scheme like now?

Best wishes,

Paul

You can park for free on your first game, just take out the one day free trial.

The Brighton Health Fitness Clubs | Gyms

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Actually I don't see why they don't just build a car park on the fields the other side of Village Way. There's TONS of space, they could easily build a HUGE car park for thousands of vehicles. In addition to serving the stadium it could act as a Park 'n' Ride for when the Council get round to wanting to have a proper solution to traffic congestion in Brighton.

Sorted!

That's too much like common sense! :wozza:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex

Sorted!

Once the fottie stadium is up and running the club will apply for planning permission to buiild a sports complex on the otherside of Village Way

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That's too much like common sense! :wozza:
I just think it was an oversight when the plans were originally submitted. Obviously there is going to have to be adequate car parking given the fact that public transport (especially the railway) will prove to be woefully inadequate if crowds start getting towards the 20,000 mark (unless you* think that 15,000 people all trying to buy a pint at the same time after the game is actually going to work when it comes to staggering the homeward journeys).

Now just seems the best time to do it. We've got a team up there, all we've got to do is simply order a load of tarmac and some white paint and then - bish bash bosh - we'll have a car park before LDC know what's hit them.

*Not 'you' specifically, a general 'you'.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just think it was an oversight when the plans were originally submitted. Obviously there is going to have to be adequate car parking given the fact that public transport (especially the railway) will prove to be woefully inadequate if crowds start getting towards the 20,000 mark (unless you* think that 15,000 people all trying to buy a pint at the same time after the game is actually going to work when it comes to staggering the homeward journeys).

Now just seems the best time to do it. We've got a team up there, all we've got to do is simply order a load of tarmac and some white paint and then - bish bash bosh - we'll have a car park before LDC know what's hit them.

*Not 'you' specifically, a general 'you'.

I still think it should have been in Bramer or Waterhall, can we have another public enquiry please. :angel:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once the fottie stadium is up and running the club will apply for planning permission to buiild a sports complex on the otherside of Village Way

Not if Tesco and Asda get in their planning permission for 50,000 sq ft superstores beforehand. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A Park & Ride scheme will operate from somewhere in Woodingdean, where fans can park their cars in the streets and board a bus to the stadium.
The buses will leave from Cowley Road shops every 15 minutes. After the match these buses will operate every 30 minutes. The planned Park & Ride site at the Race Hill has been dropped to deter travellers , gippos and pikeys parking their caravans there on a permanent basis.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The buses will leave from Cowley Road shops every 15 minutes. After the match these buses will operate every 30 minutes. The planned Park & Ride site at the Race Hill has been dropped to deter travellers , gippos and pikeys parking their caravans there on a permanent basis.

So where exactly are Gillingham and Millwall gonna park then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here