Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at Falmer?

Feb 28, 2009
When the new stadium is finished, I, and I suspect lots of other fans, will start to be regulars at the matches.

How many parking places will there be for people who come by car?

From the photos i've seen, there do not seem to be many.

Is there going to be a Park-n-Ride scheme like now?

Best wishes,

Paul

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All yours son

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Information on the stadium is very sketchy and difficult to come by at this stage, we struggle to get a straight answer from anyone to be honest Paul.

From what I can gather, there will be eleven parking spaces made available on matchdays in Falmer Village (adjacent to the stadium), as well as an overflow carpark near The Swan pub (just the other side of the A27) which will cater for six further vehicles. All other traffic will be directed to Stanmer Park where a section will be coned off for cars to park, but its liable to cost around £10. Audi's are not allowed (but I've never managed to get a straight answer on why this is).

A Park & Ride scheme will operate from somewhere in Woodingdean, where fans can park their cars in the streets and board a bus to the stadium.

Thats really all we've been told at this stage.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Information on the stadium is very sketchy and difficult to come by at this stage, we struggle to get a straight answer from anyone to be honest Paul.

From what I can gather, there will be eleven parking spaces made available on matchdays in Falmer Village (adjacent to the stadium), as well as an overflow carpark near The Swan pub (just the other side of the A27) which will cater for six further vehicles. All other traffic will be directed to Stanmer Park where a section will be coned off for cars to park, but its liable to cost around £10. Audi's are not allowed (but I've never managed to get a straight answer on why this is).

A Park & Ride scheme will operate from somewhere in Woodingdean, where fans can park their cars in the streets and board a bus to the stadium.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I drove past Falmer on my way to the hospital this morning and that stand ( which I take it is the smaller of the two main stands) is HUGE!!! We haven't even started building the main stand yet.....and that is nearly twice the size.

No wonder the poor Falmer residents were so upset....at this rate you will be able to see it from the Moon, let alone Ditchlin beacon.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
"See it from the Moon." I thought there was only one pub in Falmer!

Very good but just 9/10 from me as it's only a summary.

More detailed info can be found in conditions 35-44 below.

planning register - Brighton Hove City Council

I drove past Falmer on my way to the hospital this morning and that stand ( which I take it is the smaller of the two main stands) is HUGE!!! We haven't even started building the main stand yet.....and that is nearly twice the size.

No wonder the poor Falmer residents were so upset....at this rate you will be able to see it from the Moon, let alone Ditchlin beacon.
From the A27, The Swan looks ENORMOUS. It RUINS the pleasure of driving along the dual carriageway at 20mph in a traffic jam that sometimes extends from Moulsecoomb to Beddingham.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seriously though....did anyone expect it to be this big...I thought they were sinking it into the ground?

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex

If the residents get upset then they can move. 22,500 supporters out number a bunch of CUNTry bumpkins, so tough tittie. Whist we are on the subject additional parking will be available once the duck pond has been filled in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here