Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Parish Marketing Rant...can anyone post on BBS?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Once again, I have no interest in the case in question and was not looking to discuss it. I was only asking about your perception of Palace's history. But you are really quite tiresome, so I'll leave you to it.

Then I suggest you don't use a legal case put forward by one of your posters and my response to it as a barometer of my perception of my club's entire history. If you find picking at me in such a manner tiresome, may I politely request you cease doing so, as it isn't particularly thrilling for me either.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.walkermorris.co.uk/news/crystal-palace-fc-win-major-court-appeal-employment-legal-case

I will clarify (for possibly the third time, that CPFC2010 did not make anyone redundant. They were made redundant by the administrator, and it was ruled that their employment rights were not transferred to the new company.

Whilst any redundancies are of course regrettable (contrary to what you say I have never said otherwise), our owners did not make these staff redundant, "shit on them" or whatever else you say. The fault lies with Jordan, and if you wish to include him, Guilfoyle (though it was ruled he was only doing what was necessary to avoid the club's liquidation. bloom's regime however has made staff redundant, but far from sanctimoniously criticise him or Barber for making a business decision that is none of my concern, I am merely highlighting this event to demonstrate the laughable double standards and hypocrisy of Brighton fans such as yourself.

Your four millionaires were perfectly capable of securing the club at an earlier date, but decided to wait until it was bargain bucket price? Is that accurate?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
may I politely request you cease doing so, as it isn't particularly thrilling for me either.

The evidence suggests otherwise. Pre-2010 doesn't exist except for all the history. The club isn't culpable for past owners but no-one's trying to whitewash the wrongdoings. Black is white, up is down. Except you think it's fun to bore people into submission with added logorrhea. Anyone who finds it as tiresome as you claim wouldn't keep coming back on here and going over the same pendantry, the same boring arguments again and again and again.

By the way - genuine question - do CPFC still employ the matchday greeters as per your avatar?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
And it will be very enjoyable. The arrogance at the Palace setting themselves up for a mighty fall :lolol:

Arrogance? Where? It's just the reality during my life time following CPFC with you lot as rivals.

PLR statements from your chief exec would suggest arrogance flows aplenty down on the south coast. :jester:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
The evidence suggests otherwise. Pre-2010 doesn't exist except for all the history. The club isn't culpable for past owners but no-one's trying to whitewash the wrongdoings. Black is white, up is down. Except you think it's fun to bore people into submission with added logorrhea. Anyone who finds it as tiresome as you claim wouldn't keep coming back on here and going over the same pendantry, the same boring arguments again and again and again.

By the way - genuine question - do CPFC still employ the matchday greeters as per your avatar?
Firstly, where have I ever suggested that the disastrous reign of Jordan never existed.

Secondly, I had no idea of the existence of the people in my avatar, or what role they played or still play for the club, until the picture was hilariously allocated to me by some administrator of this site.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Arrogance? Where? It's just the reality during my life time following CPFC with you lot as rivals.

PLR statements from your chief exec would suggest arrogance flows aplenty down on the south coast. :jester:

Arrogance from the more tedious CPFC fanatics who infect this site from time to time :lolol:

SDG

May 26, 2014
Your four millionaires were perfectly capable of securing the club at an earlier date, but decided to wait until it was bargain bucket price? Is that accurate?
Nope.

They weren't actually together as a group until that May.

And they had no intention in buying it without purchasing the ground at a reasonable price. Which was about £120m less than has been spent on the Amex.

I had no idea of the existence of the people in my avatar, or what role they played or still play for the club, until the picture was hilariously allocated to me by some administrator of this site.

Well quite, come on now Buzzer, He'd need to have gone to Selhurst for that.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
35 years of sniggering, you lot have a fair bit of catching up to do. :cheers:

And two administrations which I'm sure you must really be proud off. Not in our darkest days, when we didn't have a pot to p!ss in did we go administration. You on the other hand managed it not once, but twice.

You can chose to ignore these two little 'slips' but anyone with any self respect would acknowledge them and not ignore them which seems to be case of many from South London. It could be argued that if , on both occasions, the management at cpfc had managed the funds correctly and prevented administrations you would have spent the last 15 years in the lower divisions with us.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had no idea of the existence of the people in my avatar, or what role they played or still play for the club, until the picture was hilariously allocated to me by some administrator of this site.

Ah. Fair enough. I though that you actually went to Palace matches, my mistake. I hadn't realised you were in the States. So let's get this right, you've been here since 7 p.m. your time on your rival team's board point-scoring and generally being a nuisance about a team that you never see. And now it's nearly 8 a.m. your time. Blimey.

Re. the match greeters - I only ask because I haven't heard anything of them for a while and I wondered if the current board had made them redundant. I rather think you're fibbing when you say you know nothing about them given how much waking time you spend saving Palace on the internet. But hey, no worries, I think I'll leave you to it. Looks like you're in for a marathon session of internet-saving. Have fun!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
And two administrations which I'm sure you must really be proud off. Not in our darkest days, when we didn't have a pot to p!ss in did we go administration. You on the other hand managed it not once, but twice.

You can chose to ignore these two little 'slips' but anyone with any self respect would acknowledge them and not ignore them which seems to be case of many from South London. It could be argued that if , on both occasions, the management at cpfc had managed the funds correctly and prevented administrations you would have spent the last 15 years in the lower divisions with us.

Very few ignore the admins, lets face it we can't as you lot constantly grab that crumb of comfort. As for the rest of the fairy story it could also be argued that we took the punishment handed out by the authorities but still had enough about us as a club to avoid joining you guys on your tours of the lower leagues.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Very few ignore the admins, lets face it we can't as you lot constantly grab that crumb of comfort. As for the rest of the fairy story it could also be argued that we took the punishment handed out by the authorities but still had enough about us as a club to avoid joining you guys on your tours of the lower leagues.

That might be due to the fact that your first admin in 2000 was prior to the automatic 10 point deduction penalty and you were around the bottom of the old second division then. So you have been sh*t lucky as a club

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
[/B]
That might be due to the fact that your first admin in 2000 was prior to the automatic 10 point deduction penalty and you were around the bottom of the old second division then. So you have been sh*t lucky as a club

Sh*t lucky eh? I suppose its better than just plain old sh*t. :albion2:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

As I said it's down to self respect as clearly the only reason you can't forget about its because we keep going on about. You can't really blame us you basically screwed all and sundry yet many of your fans think it acceptable. As said before we could have gone that route but didn't, granted I doubt the outcome would have been much different but the important point is we didn't go the palace route.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
As I said it's down to self respect as clearly the only reason you can't forget about its because we keep going on about. You can't really blame us you basically screwed all and sundry yet many of your fans think it acceptable. As said before we could have gone that route but didn't, granted I doubt the outcome would have been much different but the important point is we didn't go the palace route.

I love how you all jump on the moral high ground, as if we INTENTIONALLY went out our way to screw people over. What happened was unfortunate but it wasn't intentionally immoral. Both admins were due to a mixture of bad business planning and unfortunate circumstances (a recession, relegation from the Premiership, a loan company calling in a debt all in one go etc etc)

Your constant drawing back to our admins is a coping mechanism for you, because deep down it bloody hurts seeing us in the Prem when you know full well it was in your hands to be where we are now that night we beat you 2-0 in the Play Offs.
Now you're signing dross like COG and Hughes whilst we are in for some top players to play in an already decent side that finished 11th last year. The gap feels like it is getting wider and wider each day, especially when you hear the huge amounts of cash Prem teams are now banking with the new Sky and BT TV deals. I can understand why it must hurt to be fair.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I love how you all jump on the moral high ground, as if we INTENTIONALLY went out our way to screw people over. What happened was unfortunate but it wasn't intentionally immoral. Both admins were due to a mixture of bad business planning and unfortunate circumstances (a recession, relegation from the Premiership, a loan company calling in a debt all in one go etc etc)

Your constant drawing back to our admins is a coping mechanism for you, because deep down it bloody hurts seeing us in the Prem when you know full well it was in your hands to be where we are now that night we beat you 2-0 in the Play Offs.
Now you're signing dross like COG and Hughes whilst we are in for some top players to play in an already decent side that finished 11th last year. The gap feels like it is getting wider and wider each day, especially when you hear the huge amounts of cash Prem teams are now banking with the new Sky and BT TV deals. I can understand why it must hurt to be fair.

Do you try to be a cock, or does it come naturally?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here