Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Parish Marketing Rant...can anyone post on BBS?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I I mean, how did Palace actually get to the point at which they took the penalty again? Ah yes....

By spawning 6th place on the final game of the season and having a mini run in the playoffs? There were far better teams that deserved to go up that season but you got lucky. Congrats on that I suppose.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think that's more to do with your financial constraints rather than their talents to be fair...

I don't 4 of them were in the squad that got us to the play-offs last season and the other spent the summer with the England U19s. We have the Ulloa money to spend aswell.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I don't 4 of them were in the squad that got us to the play-offs last season and the other spent the summer with the England U19s. We have the Ulloa money to spend aswell.

Of course they were brought into the first team due to your finances. You didn't have a pot to pi** in last season either! You sold Bridcutt and Barnes for decent money yet you brought in mainly cheap freebies or loans as replacements. I highly doubt your see a lot of the Ulloa money spent on new players, instead it'll go towards steaming the huge losses you've made in recent years.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
By spawning 6th place on the final game of the season and having a mini run in the playoffs? There were far better teams that deserved to go up that season but you got lucky. Congrats on that I suppose.

I know what you're getting at. Surely Brighton, with their wonderful crowds, beautiful stadium and 'PL ready infrastructure' far more deserved promotion, rather than the team who were barely out of the top six all season, actually beat Brighton on their own pitch in the process, had a striker who scored over 30 goals, and had numerous League XI and award nominated players in their ranks?

So grossly unfair, and I for one am upset that Brighton, and you in particular were denied the opportunity of 'handing back' your unfairly gained promotion (due to sneaking into the playoffs) - because you failed. Again.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Of course they were brought into the first team due to your finances. You didn't have a pot to pi** in last season either! You sold Bridcutt and Barnes for decent money yet you brought in mainly cheap freebies or loans as replacements. I highly doubt your see a lot of the Ulloa money on the players, instead it'll go towards steaming the huge losses you've made in recent years.

That's rich. Getting lectured on financial prudence by a Jesterboy. Jesus mate...have a look at yourself.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I know what you're getting at. Surely Brighton, with their wonderful crowds, beautiful stadium and 'PL ready infrastructure' far more deserved promotion, rather than the team who were barely out of the top six all season, actually beat Brighton on their own pitch in the process, had a striker who scored over 30 goals, and had numerous League XI and award nominated players in their ranks?

So grossly unfair, and I for one am upset that Brighton, and you in particular were denied the opportunity of 'handing back' your unfairly gained promotion (due to sneaking into the playoffs) - because you failed. Again.

We also went 14 games without defeat, what an appalling side we were!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Of course they were brought into the first team due to your finances. You didn't have a pot to pi** in last season either! You sold Bridcutt and Barnes for decent money yet you brought in mainly cheap freebies or loans as replacements. I highly doubt your see a lot of the Ulloa money on the players, instead it'll go towards steaming the huge losses you've made in recent years.
I don't think we will spend all of the Ulloa money, but we have already spent a million on Stockdale. I think we will spend a couple of million on Clayton (if he decides to come to us) and £2-3 million on Ulloas replacement. Thats 5-6 million.

People forget we bid over a million on that Bournemouth player. We bid about £2 million on Van Dyke the January before. I think it is more a case we decide that we value someone at x amount and won't go above it (a bit like you lot).

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I don't think we will spend all of the Ulloa money, but we have already spent a million on Stockdale. I think we will spend a couple of million on Clayton (if he decides to come to us) and £2-3 million on Ulloas replacement. Thats 5-6 million.

People forget we bid over a million on that Bournemouth player. We bid about £2 million on Van Dyke the January before. I think it is more a case we decide that we value someone at x amount and won't go above it (a bit like you lot).

Fair enough. We will have to disagree on how much of the Ulloa money will be invested on the playing side, time will tell who is right.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Oh yeah. Like the Parish decision to NOT hire Pulis because he wanted too much dough and then go crawling back with an open cheque book when relegation loomed.

Businesses make decisions based on revenue risk. Simple.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Oh yeah. Like the Parish decision to NOT hire Pulis because he wanted too much dough and then go crawling back with an open cheque book when relegation loomed.

Businesses make decisions based on revenue risk. Simple.

I think Palace has used the luck very well. I notice no one wants to sign for them. An Arsenal youngster turned them down today:lol:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think Palace has used the luck very well. I notice no one wants to sign for them. An Arsenal youngster turned them down today:lol:

Hitler was right. It's because of the clown suits they have to wear.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

Frazier Campbell seemed happy enough to do so, but yes, how we missed out on O'Grady is a real headscratcher.

Going back to your previous point about Grabban, I didn't forget you bid for him. He of course eleceted to stay with the big spending Cherries, deeming BHAFC's ambition to be somewhat lacking in scope. A very odd example to draw upon when you were about to bring up the subject of clubs' attractiveness to prospective signings.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
My point is that Palace don't own Selhurst Park. Yet they are paying for it to be redeveloped. It is possible that Palace could pay millions doing it up then Parish and co could sell Palace keeping an upgraded Selhurst Park having paid nothing for it (not saying that would happen).

CPFC2010 have done what is the norm for many club owners by separating ownership of the club and stadium so that the stadium is safe if something bad happens to the club. Of course, any owner who asset strips a club is likely to have a hard time selling it for any substantial amount of cash although of course I presume they can do whatever they want in the meantime with the proceeds of any sales. I'm not sure if there are any FL/PL rules in place to protect its members' assets, but I suspect fans of all clubs are dependent upon some kind of voluntarily appropriate conduct by their club's ownership in that respect.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Going back to your previous point about Grabban, I didn't forget you bid for him. He of course eleceted to stay with the big spending Cherries, deeming BHAFC's ambition to be somewhat lacking in scope. A very odd example to draw upon when you were about to bring up the subject of clubs' attractiveness to prospective signings.

41764-Oh-snap.gif

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Frazier Campbell seemed happy enough to do so, but yes, how we missed out on O'Grady is a real headscratcher.

He deemed Bournemouths wage increase more appealing, not our lack of ambition. I will say again I believe we sit down and say he is worth x amount and won't go above it. That is not lack of ambition.

Frazier Campbell is the only player you signed, and by the sounds of it that is because you are the only team that was willing to pay him £40,000 a week. Caulker, Sigurdsson, and Gnabry (of the top of my head) all thought better of it.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
He deemed Bournemouths wage increase more appealing, not our lack of ambition. I will say again I believe we sit down and say he is worth x amount and won't go above it. That is not lack of ambition.

Frazier Campbell is the only player you signed, and by the sounds of it that is because you are the only team that was willing to pay him £40,000 a week. Caulker, Sigurdsson, and Gnabry (of the top of my head) all thought better of it.

So when we sign a player it's only because we are offering the highest wage yet when a player turns us down it's because our club isn't attractive or ambitious? I think you 're just coming out with drivel now mate to suit your argument :facepalm:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
CPFC2010 have done what is the norm for many club owners by separating ownership of the club and stadium so that the stadium is safe if something bad happens to the club. Of course, any owner who asset strips a club is likely to have a hard time selling it for any substantial amount of cash although of course I presume they can do whatever they want in the meantime with the proceeds of any sales. I'm not sure if there are any FL/PL rules in place to protect its members' assets, but I suspect fans of all clubs are dependent upon some kind of voluntarily appropriate conduct by their club's ownership in that respect.
I think that I have to point out that I don't think for 1 minute that Parish and co are doing anything underhand, and are anything other than fans doing what is best for the club. Just like Tony Bloom.

The point I was trying to make is that I read for 2 years about how Brighton was cheating because Bloom built the stadium with his own money, yet Brighton don't own the stadium. Bloom was acting as a person building a home to then go and rent it out to a tenant, who then goes on to rent it for its market value. While Parish and co bought a house that had sitting tenants waited till they won the lottery and are telling them they have to redevelop the house that the don't own. If that was anything other than football or Palace or Brighton who would you think was doing things the right way?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
So when we sign a player it's only because we are offering the highest wage yet when a player turns us down it's because our club isn't attractive or ambitious? I think you 're just coming out with drivel now mate to suit your argument :facepalm:

I'm basing this on newspaper reports no one would meet Campbells wages except you. and the other three did turn you down (most likley because they got better wage offers elsewhere)I never said anything about your ambition or attractiveness, on the other hand VHA mentioned ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here