Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish CPFC 36% more potential than any other club

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What the hell does a shopping centre have to do with Palace's ability to attract fans. There's eff off massive Westfields in Stratford and Shepherds Bush but you don't see them queueing out the door at Leyton Orient or QPR. Maybe your 50,000 attendance coincided with the Whitgift Centre opening....

Who doesn't love shopping before football, all those carrier bags to be searched, tripping over other people's shopping on your way to get a pint or have a piss. I don't know why more clubs haven't thought about it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Palace have been hovering around the top tier for years without capitalising on the 2.4 million potential fans parish speaks of...why? Because no matter how much they achieve they remain one of the countries least fashionable clubs. Their name sounds like something from my little pony and they dress in jester suits.

Nuff said.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course these Americans have chosen Palace as their Charity of Choice, and won't want to pocket a maximum return on their shareholding.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Croydon is getting a massive regeneration boost with the iceing on the cake being a billion plus Westfield shopping centre . I'm sure this is another factor with the two Americans coming on board . Just think in a few years time you can jump on a train straight to east Croydon do a bit of retail and maybe catch a premier game in our new enlarged stadium , I'm told there will be loads of tickets going spare .

did you really write that? shoppers popping back on the train a stop up the line, then hiking half a mile with shopping bags to watch the football? aside from the fact they are largely completly different groups who shop and watch football, i cant think of anything worse than shopping bags cluttering up the aisles.

Palace fans, and the new owners, need a reality check. there isnt massive untapped support base just waiting for a better ground to go to watch football. most the locals are either not interested or follow one of the big London clubs, down the pub or on Sky. the catchment area is saturated with football already.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Croydon is getting a massive regeneration boost with the iceing on the cake being a billion plus Westfield shopping centre . I'm sure this is another factor with the two Americans coming on board . Just think in a few years time you can jump on a train straight to east Croydon do a bit of retail and maybe catch a premier game in our new enlarged stadium , I'm told there will be loads of tickets going spare .

When you say 'do a bit of retail' you mean torch a few outlets, yes ? ???

[emoji38]ol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
did you really write that? shoppers popping back on the train a stop up the line, then hiking half a mile with shopping bags to watch the football? aside from the fact they are largely completly different groups who shop and watch football, i cant think of anything worse than shopping bags cluttering up the aisles.

Palace fans, and the new owners, need a reality check. there isnt massive untapped support base just waiting for a better ground to go to watch football. most the locals are either not interested or follow one of the big London clubs, down the pub or on Sky. the catchment area is saturated with football already.

This. Palace have never attracted anything more than fringe support in south London. Even if they had the finest stadia and facilities it wouldn't mean more fans. They are at saturation now. Whenever they are in the top flight they max out at around 25k.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Who doesn't love shopping before football, all those carrier bags to be searched, tripping over other people's shopping on your way to get a pint or have a piss. I don't know why more clubs haven't thought about it.

I usually combine my visits to Smellhurst with my weekly shop at the Sainos there :shrug:

theboybilly

It'll be interesting to view the final design of the new Selhurst. The footprint of a modern all-seater stadium is a fair bit larger than that of an old ground. Doubling the capacity will need extra parking spaces for a start...and there's rumours that room for a hotel will be needed. I reckon the only plausible solution is sell the old wreck and build somewhere else....Merton?
But as has been said before, West Ham will be so much more accessible when they move to Stratford....any floating fans would likely go there.

Dec 29, 2011
When you go down your be back to 12,000 in your nice new stadium

I think this is what Parish is really missing here. If you expand to 40,000 it will financially pay for itself as the years go by. However, the sight of 25,000 empty seats when you have a period in the Championship will look and feel really, really bad for anyone attending, possibly giving a negative vibe around the club. It must be a concern for Palace fans that they expand and then have to endure the sight of thousands of empty seats for season up season until they get repromoted.

I think this is what Parish is really missing here. If you expand to 40,000 it will financially pay for itself as the years go by. However, the sight of 25,000 empty seats when you have a period in the Championship will look and feel really, really bad for anyone attending, possibly giving a negative vibe around the club. It must be a concern for Palace fans that they expand and then have to endure the sight of thousands of empty seats for season up season until they get repromoted.

They won't fill them if they stay up.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It'll be interesting to view the final design of the new Selhurst. The footprint of a modern all-seater stadium is a fair bit larger than that of an old ground.

It's already been leaked something understated and achievable befitting their 'massive' potential fanbase ..

3e49662c4a7e050e085c1e4c1981d14a32c25ff8_hq.jpg

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

And they say that about the amex lots of empty seats bla bla but on a good day we get more in the champ than they get in the prem guess the plastics love the championship

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

theboybilly

They won't notice - the empty seats will be covered in 'segregation' netting

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It'll be interesting to view the final design of the new Selhurst. The footprint of a modern all-seater stadium is a fair bit larger than that of an old ground. Doubling the capacity will need extra parking spaces for a start...and there's rumours that room for a hotel will be needed. I reckon the only plausible solution is sell the old wreck and build somewhere else....Merton?
But as has been said before, West Ham will be so much more accessible when they move to Stratford....any floating fans would likely go there.

Don't forget, it will have to have state of the art fire retardent, and that won't come cheap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here