Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew for next England Manager

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
His one and only managerial job involving top players.
Yes, a good reason.

I would say the u-21 team he is in charge of now have more top players than his Man City team that he inherited
Man City - Vassell, Ireland, Michael Johnson, Samaras, Dickov, Richard Dunne.
England U21 - Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Jordan Henderson,Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair.

All younger YES, but of a better quality than HIS Man City team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would say the u-21 team he is in charge of now have more top players than his Man City team that he inherited
Man City - Vassell, Ireland, Michael Johnson, Samaras, Dickov, Richard Dunne.
England U21 - Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Jordan Henderson,Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair.

All younger YES, but of a better quality than HIS Man City team.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Suffice to say that in my view his Man City team underachieved while playing crap football and Pearce doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Based on what? If players, managers in England are not given a chance to step up and prove themselves on the international level, we will never know if they are good enough will we.

His time at Manchester City.
His time at Nottingham Forest.
41 wins from 120 games

The case for the crown rests.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not that I have too much time for England but I still think Curbishley could do a job, in fact I don't understand why he isn't in the set up already.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
So far the names mentioned on this thread have been Pardew, Pearce and Curbishley.

What a state we are in.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hodgson for me, he's got bags of experience.

I think his time at Liverpool will go against him but he never really had time or support there.

He's managed in foreign leagues and done a good job pretty much wherever he's gone, he's experienced international football before and helped Switzerland punch well above their weight. He did a fine job at Fulham and has done a top job at West Brom to date.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The FA have a history of picking whoever is flavour of the month, and they showed with McLaren you don't need have to be a manager who actually wins anything major to get the job. I think Pardew is a serious contender now, especially in light of Redknapp's heart bypass op.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
His time at Manchester City.
His time at Nottingham Forest.
41 wins from 120 games

The case for the crown rests.

At Forest he was player manager with no experience.
He left to play for newcastle if my memory serves.
At City he was given no money whilst Sven who took over was instantly given loads.

Pearce since then has served under several managers and now has more coaching badges than a lot of prem managers.

Pearce IMHO would make a good England Manager now and would certainly install a bit of pride back into the team.

U21s Under Pearce

Played 51
Won 28
Drawn 13
Lost 10

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's so much about Pearce I like and admire but I don't think it would ever work. He's the complete opposite of Capello and that looks great now, but it doesn't mean he's ever going to take us to the Promised Land.

Personally, I'd like Wenger.

Oct 25, 2003
until we restructure the entire game here from the ground up, any england manager is going to be no more than a glorified turd polisher

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's been, what, 11 games so far in the Prem ? What Pardew has achieved at Newcastle so far amounts to nothing more than a fairly decent run of form (primarily against the lesser-lights in that division).

The fact that he's now apparently being spoken about for the England job, off the back of a handful of decent results this season, brutally illustrates what a desperate paucity of candidates there are for the job. DEEPLY depressing. Embarrassing in fact.

England are a laughing stock.

Oct 25, 2003
i think the toon will finish about 7th which i think is a decent achievement considering what a shambles the club was just a couple of years ago (respect also needs to go in hughton's direction) and the fact that they lost caroll, barton, enrique and nolan in a short space of time, AND haven't spent that much money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here