Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

A serious question for all the Palace on here who insist you are a London club, if you are, ergo Croydon is part of London

JSo how come three times in the last 15 years Croydon has applied for City status, and how would that work.

Croydon is in Surrey,
Norwood is in London....just.

Jan 30, 2008
What cracks me up about Palace is they claim to be against modern football - but then they have a few hundred utter randalls behind the goal calling themselves ultras. Now I am only in my late 20's but I don't think there was ever noddys claiming to be ultras back in the day?
yes , they called themselves the D30 :lolol:
regards
DR

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Wouldn't Norwood be a part of the City of Croydon then?

Who gives a shit?

Anyone who has been to Selhurst knows that it ISNT in London. It doesn't even feel remotely like it's in London. It's a depressing Surrey conurbation. London starts in North Streatham as every fule no.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Who gives a shit?

Anyone who has been to Selhurst knows that it ISNT in London. It doesn't even feel remotely like it's in London. It's a depressing Surrey conurbation. London starts in North Streatham as every fule no.

Any fule knows that Norwood has a London postal address, as does Selhurst I believe. So the posties treat it as London.

Sadly they also treat a lot of civilised places in the Sussex countryside and on the coast as BloomtoN-land.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
An excellent point. The fact our ground was sold out from underneath us is our fault is it? The palace way is to run up huge debts and desperate creditors the jib the lot of them.
Brighton fought an honourable fight that brought us to to our knees but we never shafted anyone in the process. We spent years in the wilderness but we did it with dignity, earning the respect of every team in the leagues whereas you...well, let's not go over it again because it's just embarrassing.

You should have been flushed away with the other shit years ago but some sharp practice and double dealing kept you hanging on just long enough for you to slip through a crack into the top flight.

Hang on a tiny minute, I though Palace didn't exist before 2010, that's what you lot have been rabbiting on about on here. So a club which was only one years old bear you 3-1 at the Amex in October 2011, and again in May 2013?

And it's already been admitted at last on here, that in 1992 as part of a restructuring of Albion's debts that (discreetly) only a partial settlement was made. Then there's the question of your endorsement annually of a prominent Brighton organisation, which has been notorious in the past for not being able to settle its debts. Quite apart from what at least one prominent member of it got up to in his private life...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Then there's the question of your endorsement annually of a prominent Brighton organisation, which has been notorious in the past for not being able to settle its debts. Quite apart from what at least one prominent member of it got up to in his private life...

I have no idea what you are talking about, but notice that you seem to have moved on from accusing a dead bloke of profiteering to spurious rumour-mongering about some unnamed person who you see as a legitimate target because you can make an unexplained link between him and a football club you don't like.

Well done you!

Wilton

Banned
Oct 15, 2015
Even the most wall eyed palace fan realises that none of the proper London teams think of Palace as a fully fledged London team. Ask fans of Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham or Chelsea or Millwall who they consider as a local derby contender and NOT ONE of them would factor Palace. The only teams who might include them would be Charlton or Brentford.

If you travel to Palace it doesn't even FEEL like London. Getting off the train before Streatham is definitely NOT a foray to the capital.

I know it's a sore point with Palace who keep insisting they are a massive club from our nations capital but EVERYONE else knows that you're just a bunch of jesters from the burbs.
Everyone else knows, now you know everyone else, I am impressed.SE25, check it out , if you class Milwall as London fella or miss, they are our true natural rivals re location. Good night

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
A serious question for all the Palace on here who insist you are a London club, if you are, ergo Croydon is part of London

JSo how come three times in the last 15 years Croydon has applied for City status, and how would that work.

There are already multiple cities in London, e.g. City Of London, City Of Westminster. Why should one more cause a problem?

Wilton

Banned
Oct 15, 2015
Isn't that the truth. Afraid of getting slapped around by Millwall you lot come running down here to pick fights with us. Unfortunately it didn't really work. Perhaps Crawley next time.

Personally don't want to fight anyone, your not a local rival and obviously could never be. Not gonna get into hooligan stuff, but if your old enough you will know the truth. Brighton was just a good day out down the seaside in its day. I think really the rivalry should end with you guys as its so one sided it's embarrassing.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Everyone else knows, now you know everyone else, I am impressed.SE25, check it out , if you class Milwall as London fella or miss, they are our true natural rivals re location. Good night

Well, maybe I don't know EVERYONE but know a lot of folk who support a variety of London clubs...many of them in my own extended family. Their view of Palace is either that you are a joke, stripy Nigel's or the jolly jesters of Shirley oaks. No one wants you as rivals, not even bloody Charlton and Millwall? Dear god, they just laugh at you.

No. We're stuck with you. You're stuck with us. You're not a London Team you're an embarrassing shit stain on the map of North surrey. Friendless. Pathetic. Turd.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Personally don't want to fight anyone, your not a local rival and obviously could never be. Not gonna get into hooligan stuff, but if your old enough you will know the truth. Brighton was just a good day out down the seaside in its day. I think really the rivalry should end with you guys as its so one sided it's embarrassing.

Alright. Piss off to your own board then.

Wilton

Banned
Oct 15, 2015
An excellent point. The fact our ground was sold out from underneath us is our fault is it? The palace way is to run up huge debts and desperate creditors the jib the lot of them.
Brighton fought an honourable fight that brought us to to our knees but we never shafted anyone in the process. We spent years in the wilderness but we did it with dignity, earning the respect of every team in the leagues whereas you...well, let's not go over it again because it's just embarrassing.

You should have been flushed away with the other shit years ago but some sharp practice and double dealing kept you hanging on just long enough for you to slip through a crack into the top flight.
And it's really eating you up. Poor bloke

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

But that is not the essence of what I said is it? I am old enough and I was there. Jolly boys outing, perhaps the whole of New Addington, the Roundshaw estate and the occupants of the Wilton Arms made the trip. The roar of the harmless loveable scoundrels that you were could be heard in Brighton by the time you were congregating at the corner of Wellesley and Dingwall roads. Would have there been that many had you drawn Millwall away on the first day of the season? Of course there would.

There was an element of lets go and cause a ruckus as that lot down there will tolerate and will hide away. We can then return up here and tell tails of boisterousness and gung-ho escapades. Wow just wow.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There are already multiple cities in London, e.g. City Of London, City Of Westminster. Why should one more cause a problem?

BECAUSE ITS CROYDON FFS!
The others have history, beautiful buildings, a place in the soul of our country, Croydon is just a run down, Crawley wannabe. Christ,even its own inhabitants tried to burn it down.

City, my arse

Jan 30, 2008
oh bore off you fool, you turned up in the north stand in 74 and from then on couldn't manage to get off at Brighton station on your way down to Hove for some reason ???
regards
DR

Wilton

Banned
Oct 15, 2015
But that is not the essence of what I said is it? I am old enough and I was there. Jolly boys outing, perhaps the whole of New Addington, the Roundshaw estate and the occupants of the Wilton Arms made the trip. The roar of the harmless loveable scoundrels that you were could be heard in Brighton by the time you were congregating at the corner of Wellesley and Dingwall roads. Would have there been that many had you drawn Millwall away on the first day of the season? Of course there would.

There was an element of lets go and cause a ruckus as that lot down there will tolerate and will hide away. We can then return up here and tell tails of boisterousness and gung-ho escapades. Wow just wow.
Millwall first game prob not ,but Brighton on the coast what a weekend was had, happy days.
Good luck on Sunday , I will be watching hoping you lose as you will Monday .

Jan 30, 2008
Well, maybe I don't know EVERYONE but know a lot of folk who support a variety of London clubs...many of them in my own extended family. Their view of Palace is either that you are a joke, stripy Nigel's or the jolly jesters of Shirley oaks. No one wants you as rivals, not even bloody Charlton and Millwall? Dear god, they just laugh at you.

No. We're stuck with you. You're stuck with us. You're not a London Team you're an embarrassing shit stain on the map of North surrey. Friendless. Pathetic. Turd.
:facepalm:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here