Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm only saying that those facts don't represent the truth, which is that fewer Palace fans attend games than Brighton fans - even though we're a division below and you're in the top 6.

You're moving the goalposts now. :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're moving the goalposts now. :)

Actually no, you were. :)

The original quote was this:

"Yes there are queues after the game at the station, there is at most grounds/stations after games, maybe not at Palace, as you have loads of stations and not as many fans as us"

A couple of your Nigel chums took umbrage. I'm just pointing out that the original quote was correct. :thumbsup:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm only quoting the facts
I'm sure Mr Flair will confirm these figures

Lets look at completed seasons since you were promoted
Palace 2013/14 Ave 24,114 Brighton Ave 27,283
Palace 2014/15 Ave 24,421 Brighton Ave 25,645

Not sure were your 1000 more comes from.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forbes Business Magazine 10 Dec 15 on Blitzer and Harris:

The two just became major investors in the Crystal Palace Football Club in London and their strategy is simple: According to a business associate of Blitzer, it’s to “get to know the market,’’ as they get a footing in London and see how things operate there for their bid to land an NFL expansion team in London.

I'm calling bullploppy on that.

Re The NFL think Premier League x 100, when it comes to making money.
None of the current 32 owners are likely to be giving up that massive cash cow.

Getting your hands on an NFL team, relocating it to London would take Gates, Zuckerburg, Bezos or our own [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] kind of money.

It says 'expansion team' - a NEW team. No-one would need to give up their existing team, nor would it involve any re-location.

That would require a stadium of at least a 60,000 capacity . Even with a bigger improved stadium we will be lucky to get it to 40,000 .

Nowhere in that quote does it suggest that the plan is for the (theoretical) NFL team to play AT Selhurst.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Lets look at completed seasons since you were promoted
Palace 2013/14 Ave 24,114 Brighton Ave 27,283
Palace 2014/15 Ave 24,421 Brighton Ave 25,645

Not sure were your 1000 more comes from.

I was quoting this season.
As you can see, your average attendance is falling .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Long way to go before it falls to the 15,000 or so that you were getting before you got promoted.

Check the historic attendances of both clubs, not just The Amex years

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I was quoting this season.
As you can see, your average attendance is falling .

It's ok I am used to your wriggling and twisting of statements
But for the record so far this season you are ahead by 265, but some how I feel that will change by the seasons end.

Yes and currently our average has fallen to a near Palace type Premiership average

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It says 'expansion team' - a NEW team. No-one would need to give up their existing team, nor would it involve any re-location.
That's not what the term means in the US.
It refers to expanding into a new market, not expanding the league.

As much as you should never say 'never' but the NFL will never expand beyond 32 teams, as the players couldn't physically take the punishment of more than 16 games.
The union has always shouted down an 18 game season and now with concussion being front and centre of the discussion it's even less likely.
(24.12.15 - NFL announces new 64 team league)

76'ers lost again last night, that'll be 1 win in 39.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
These willy waving arguments get a bit dull.

At the moment BHA get bigger crowds (tickets sold) than Palace, At the moment BHA have a better Ground ( I love SP myself) and more ST sales, this is fact and cant be denied.
But from 1987 until 2012 Palace had bigger average attendance that is a fact and cant be denied, and in fact Brighton's biggest crowd from 1989 wasn't as big as Palaces smallest crowd until 2012.

These things cant be changed so why o why do we go round in circles ? if we want to slag each other off why not what really matters and that the football being played.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's ok I am used to your wriggling and twisting of statements
But for the record so far this season you are ahead by 265, but some how I feel that will change by the seasons end.

Yes and currently our average has fallen to a near Palace type Premiership average

Far from me to suggest my willie's bigger then yours, but so far it's 24,777 to 24,512 in our favour.
I'm sure you'll increase in the new year.
Enjoy the rest of the season, Merry Christmas !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any new information today on the 'takeover' and Charming Eagles FC ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here