Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Yes, it's moved on to quite an interesting topic.

It'll be good to see if it's all as rosy as we've been spun on here ?

As I said, we know nothing. I'm not naive enough to think that Blitzer, Donner and Rudolph are here for the love of Palace. They are after MONEY, I will be more at ease though if Parish, Long etc have a controlling percentage.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did you honestly think you would get near sell outs at the Amex before you moved in ? What's the saying build it and they will come . Steve has hinted he wants 40 k so we will see .
You are flying now and are probably going through the greatest period in your history, but what happens when you go in a downward cycle again? 15,000 fans (your core support) in a 40k stadium will seem pretty sparse.

Still who'd have thought we'd be getting 25k on a regular basis so good luck to you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Palace would pretty much fill a 30k stadium right now for most games and would probably fill a 40k stadium for all the big fixtures.

Whilst my fellow palace fans might argue the toss, those additional seats would almost certainly be initially filled by foreign football tourists who are an increasing presence at many home games.

It's the way of the Premier League and I can't see any way it's going to change any time soon.

If you guys manage to get promoted - and I'd personally love to reignite the rivalry on a playing basis - you'd discover the same thing.

How ? There have only been 3-4k empty seats at our last couple of home games in the championship and will be less after 1/1 when the half-season ticket lot turn up. With prem opponents taking full allocation, tourists wouldn't get much of a look in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not me mate. If I had a choice between supporting loads of charities or paying a bunch of ponced up footballers silly money I know what I would do.

tomas_brolin_230x382.jpg

Parish has just been on Five Live, said he's running the club on day to day basis but all decisions have to be agreed between the three 'partners'.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Palace would pretty much fill a 30k stadium right now for most games and would probably fill a 40k stadium for all the big fixtures.

Whilst my fellow palace fans might argue the toss, those additional seats would almost certainly be initially filled by foreign football tourists who are an increasing presence at many home games.

It's the way of the Premier League and I can't see any way it's going to change any time soon.

If you guys manage to get promoted - and I'd personally love to reignite the rivalry on a playing basis - you'd discover the same thing.

That's what I am saying, right now you might get near 30k but you only have to look at last season in some of the games and you were struggling to fill your ground. Of course when The big teams come to town it will draw the crowds, but what happens when these heady days are gone?

Maybe your yanks will prove us wrong but I personally see you rattling around inside the ground if it happens.

As to the above post, no i didn't imagine near sell outs and 22k+ st holders! I'd imagined 15k+ In our first season, but we also had been through the shit for the previous 10 years and on the back if a promotion from league one, there was always a very large ground swell of support and good away followings and people vying to come back, our circumstances could not have been more different.

Time will tell.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
tomas_brolin_230x382.jpg

Parish has just been on Five Live, said he's running the club on day to day basis but all decisions have to be agreed between the three 'partners'.

Brilliant player

This doesn't make sense, why would the other three just give up their shares, unless there was serious money involved. Long founded Churchill insurance and direct line, so he is not silly.
I guess it will all come down to percentages?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
As I said, we know nothing. I'm not naive enough to think that Blitzer, Donner and Rudolph are here for the love of Palace. They are after MONEY, I will be more at ease though if Parish, Long etc have a controlling percentage.
I might be wrong here and as a Palace fan you should know and be able to correct me, but hasn't Long bailed out and his position as a director terminated. If true, are you still at ease?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I might be wrong here and as a Palace fan should know and be able to correct me, but hasn't Long bailed out and his position as a director terminated. If true are you still at ease?

What ? Are you sure ??
Long ? Gone ??
We're doomed, DOOMED I tell yer !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Oh what a lovely thought.

He's had a back seat for a few seasons now, so it's no surprise.
He's got a lovely golf course in Sussex, and that takes up a lot of his time.
Glad to contribute to your shit stirring :)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
He's had a back seat for a few seasons now, so it's no surprise.
He's got a lovely golf course in Sussex, and that takes up a lot of his time.
Glad to contribute to your shit stirring :)

Just putting one of your fans mind at rest, who said that he would be at ease if Long was still on the board. Apparently he is not any more as shown on El Pres( post 560) companies house statement on line 3, how is that shit stirring?.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Totally agree, Selhurst is about as good as the Goldstone was when it was demolished. Think as a man of Sussex you would have thought you would have more of an understanding of the Jewell in the downs, yes we have only one station, so sad that, only 500 metres from the ground. Think we have 4000 car park spaces, at the Uni, Bridge Road and park and rides, how many can you get in the Sainsbury car park. Took over 90 mins to get onto the main road last time, I was at Selhurst. Yes there are queues after the game at the station, there is at most grounds/stations after games, maybe not at Palace, as you have loads of stations and not as many fans as us, and please look at the Sunderland game with 10 mins to go at Selhurst, pratically empty, but good points well made and merry xmas. See you down the Arun View.
I thought this was a serious reply until I read that bit :) :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here