Palace - You CLOWNS!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
2c6ab8945b9b37b0c20524421025fba8.jpg

You're enjoying all this a little too much :O

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Where we are at the moment is pretty much dreamland compared to where we have been, the infrastructure, management and being competitive in the Championship with a great group of players with a fantastic team spirit is a situation that most BHA fans would have bitten your hand off for a few years back, so no, I wouldn't say a lot of us would 'love' to be in the PL. Even with the end to the season we've had it still feels like heady times (to me anyway) and the thought of playing soulless machines like Chelsea and Man City when we could be playing real grass roots clubs like Burton Albion and Preston...well...

Fair enough.
The "EPL" isn't the end all be all for sure - but it's where your chairman and most of your fans would like to be.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Good post, think that is basically the big difference. I was generally confused when Palace fans and club after a good first half of the season, wanted to get to the 'next level' more investment and thus now the joint American owners. Why ? To be honest they needed to have a few years in the top league like Swansea before you get to the next level. Big difference is That only care about results on the pitch, we care about our club and the future. Not saying they are wrong and we are right, but feel that is the difference. One of my Palace mates says that's it, he has had enough, 'crap manager, players owners, I am out of here' I reminded him that they got to the biggest club final in the world and only just lost. Think also we have been nearly out of the league, so we are just happy to have a wonderful community club to support, and it's not all about positions and winning for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fair enough.
The "EPL" isn't the end all be all for sure - but it's where your chairman and most of your fans would like to be.

Of course we would. Every club wants to not only play in the top flight-they should want to win it too. Otherwise what is the point? Having said that, I'd much prefer our season to yours-only losing 5 league games and being involved in one of the most exciting 3 way battles for promotion in years right up until the last kick of the last game. None of us are happy with how it all panned out but I think we had the better time.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Maybe you did - it was a great fight to the death in the Championship this year.
It's all subjective - our league form after Christmas was dire which was frustrating but coupled with the FA Cup run and final (even though we lost) - it made for a memorable season. I wouldn't have swapped it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoddle57

Dec 20, 2012
As I was bathing in the glory of yet another 'let's all do a Pardew' dance, one of my colleagues pointed out:-

'Oh but we'll still be in the Premier League next season and got to Wembley'.

I replied

'Is that the same Premier League you only have won twice in this year, and over the season scored less goals than games played?
Not to mention humiliating yourselves in front of a global TV audience'.

To which he said:-

'Yeah but we're in the Premier League'. :facepalm:

May I join in the Spurs Palace love in and answer some of the points raised on this thread?

To me humiliation in front of a global audience would be a 4-0 hammering in a reply with the much heralded return of your clubs hero centre half.

There were some manure fans in with Palace but that happens whoever is playing. There was a lot of trouble in their semi v Everton because of the same thing. However, most of the manure in Palace end where in Club Wembley which are available to anyone and as manure are the biggest supported team in the country it was no surprise that they would have most of these tickets.

When BHA played manure in 1983 I would say that they had no more than 20,000 out of 100,000 fans. I know because I lived in Brighton at the time. It can't have been that hard to get a ticket as I got one and I even wanted you to win, I despise manure that much.

BHA fans are contented to keep failing in the play offs whereas Palace fans are not content with merely surviving in the Premiership, which set of fans have ambitions?

The best thing going for BHA is you have a really good manager in Chrissie Hughton.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
May I join in the Spurs Palace love in and answer some of the points raised on this thread?

To me humiliation in front of a global audience would be a 4-0 hammering in a reply with the much heralded return of your clubs hero centre half.

There were some manure fans in with Palace but that happens whoever is playing. There was a lot of trouble in their semi v Everton because of the same thing. However, most of the manure in Palace end where in Club Wembley which are available to anyone and as manure are the biggest supported team in the country it was no surprise that they would have most of these tickets.

When BHA played manure in 1983 I would say that they had no more than 20,000 out of 100,000 fans. I know because I lived in Brighton at the time. It can't have been that hard to get a ticket as I got one and I even wanted you to win, I despise manure that much.

BHA fans are contented to keep failing in the play offs whereas Palace fans are not content with merely surviving in the Premiership, which set of fans have ambitions?

The best thing going for BHA is you have a really good manager in Chrissie Hughton.

What an absolute pile of shit. You are really delusional aren't you?

Hoddle57

Dec 20, 2012
Have you just come on here to escape the Arsenel fans taking the piss out of you for choking again when it mattered? ???

It still hurts but we are in the Champions League and at the start of the season we would have taken that any day of the week. As for the @rse they have fallen from celebrating winning anything to finishing above us. The tide is turning.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What a well thought out point of view, congratulations!

I don't think that was his intention, he was just commenting that the large part of what you said is inaccurate, other than perhaps your last statement (though I myself think there are better things going for the club).

Your anecdote about the final in '83 differs greatly to memories passed on by my old man as well.

Hoddle57

Dec 20, 2012
I don't think that was his intention, he was just commenting that the large part of what you said is inaccurate, other than perhaps your last statement (though I myself think there are better things going for the club).

Your anecdote about the final in '83 differs greatly to memories passed on by my old man as well.

Well I only went to the first game which was a classic and BHA could have won but I was in with the BHA fans and manure were everywhere all around us.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

So to summarise:

You are a Spurs fan, perhaps with a liking for Palace, who hates Manchester United (Oh no, I have written their name in actual words, will this summon them?)
You joined a Brighton board in 2012 and had nothing to say for four years.
You finally had to break your silence because this collection of random irrelvances, guesswork and false logic just couldn't be left unsaid.
You failed to read it back, punctuate it and check spellings to ensure that what you had written, even though wrong, was actually intelligible.

Why don't you leave it another four years and then try again?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Resurfacing after one hell of a weekend, to find Brighton trying to belittle things that most of the football world sees as positives. Bless. :)

And fair play, you've done us over yet again. Only second in the FA Cup, what a humiliation. How I wish we could get one over our rivals occasionally. :tantrum:

Hoddle57

Dec 20, 2012
So to summarise:

You are a Spurs fan, perhaps with a liking for Palace, who hates Manchester United (Oh no, I have written their name in actual words, will this summon them?)
You joined a Brighton board in 2012 and had nothing to say for four years.
You finally had to break your silence because this collection of random irrelvances, guesswork and false logic just couldn't be left unsaid.
You failed to read it back, punctuate it and check spellings to ensure that what you had written, even though wrong, was actually intelligible.

Why don't you leave it another four years and then try again?

8 out of 10 for your summary Stato. Not sure if punctuation and spellings are a necessity on a football forum or if they are an irrelevance (3 e's not 2 if we are being picky)

albionite

May 20, 2009
8 out of 10 for your summary Stato. Not sure if punctuation and spellings are a necessity on a football forum or if they are an irrelevance (3 e's not 2 if we are being picky)

Great a palace goon pretending to be a spurs fan.

Trying to think what happened in December 2012 to make you want to join and low and behold it was Nigel's v Brighton that month.

Why wait so long to bite? Are you really that upset that we find it funny you've missed out on a cup and the chance to play in Europe.:ffsparr:

Hoddle57

Dec 20, 2012
You really should try reading Stato's post before coming out with your wild incorrect theory! I am a Spurs fan hence the username and I like Palace and dislike manure and @rse (or goons as we also call them). If I was Palace I thinkI might have posted when Zaha beat you in the play offs.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Some Brighton fans are complete t+ssers and I must be one. I really had sympathy for Spurs ending third. But reading that tosh from you has brought me to my senses. I'm old enough to remember the sh*itty bullying behaviour of your fans in the 70s. Yes my gooner friends in Essex are right Spurs are a spivs club. Good luck sunshine, enjoy your love in with Palace and thank you for reminding me what you lot are all about.

Hoddle57

Dec 20, 2012
Oh dear Mona what is it with The Glory Game a book about Spurs? One minute you have sympathy for Spurs and the next you talk of all your gooner friends. What a surprise that they have such a view on us, whatever next BHA fans saying horrible things about Palace?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here