Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace - You CLOWNS!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I'm a knob
I support Spurs

So it's just the Hassocks part....

:lol: well I don't think you're a knob. I know you aren't from hassocks and I don't like 'his' instead of 'he's' (pet hate no offence whoever wrote it).

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Genuine question to the palace fans on here. I'm literally removing my BHA / anti palace hat. I've seen on here / Twitter / from a palace mate about Clattenberg (sp) losing it for you. I watched the highlights again last night (it's prob still on red button now) and it confirmed pretty much beyond doubt that the only decision that went against palace was the not playing advantage one. Even then, the keeper stops and Rojo stops and walks off about 4 or 5 seconds before the ball is tapped into the unguarded net. I 100% do not think any other decision went against palace. Genuinely intrigued.

One key decision that did go for palace was the sending off. Clear red of course (for Smallings rugby tackle), but Bolasie pulls Smalling by the shirt quite clearly, to off balance him. Genuinely didn't think there were any howlers in that whole game though.

Is there history with this ref as many seemed to not like him anyway..?

Obviously I thought not playing the advantage was a poor decision, there was another advantage situation with Joel Ward which was not shown on the highlights, but at the time I thought he got wrong, only saw it live but would like to see again. Other than that I don't think he got much wrong.
As for history,like all refs we think he gets plenty wrong but I think in general he comes across as a bit of an attention seeker hence the "it's all about you" song.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Obviously I thought not playing the advantage was a poor decision, there was another advantage situation with Joel Ward which was not shown on the highlights, but at the time I thought he got wrong, only saw it live but would like to see again. Other than that I don't think he got much wrong.
As for history,like all refs we think he gets plenty wrong but I think in general he comes across as a bit of an attention seeker hence the "it's all about you" song.

Would agree with that. I don't think Zaha dived for that pen claim but also don't think Rooney fouled him either. Certainly wasn't stonewall whatever way you look at it...

Ps - when the hell are 365 gonna do the offer - champs lg final I assume!?

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Would agree with that. I don't think Zaha dived for that pen claim but also don't think Rooney fouled him either. Certainly wasn't stonewall whatever way you look at it...

Ps - when the hell are 365 gonna do the offer - champs lg final I assume!?

Hoping they will announce it Tuesday or Wednesday.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Genuine question to the palace fans on here. I'm literally removing my BHA / anti palace hat. I've seen on here / Twitter / from a palace mate about Clattenberg (sp) losing it for you. I watched the highlights again last night (it's prob still on red button now) and it confirmed pretty much beyond doubt that the only decision that went against palace was the not playing advantage one. Even then, the keeper stops and Rojo stops and walks off about 4 or 5 seconds before the ball is tapped into the unguarded net. I 100% do not think any other decision went against palace. Genuinely intrigued.

One key decision that did go for palace was the sending off. Clear red of course (for Smallings rugby tackle), but Bolasie pulls Smalling by the shirt quite clearly, to off balance him. Genuinely didn't think there were any howlers in that whole game though.

Is there history with this ref as many seemed to not like him anyway..?

Even though he ****ed up a few play on decisions, Clattenburg didn't lose it for us - Utd were the better team on Saturday. Now that the emotional mist has gone, most Palace fans would acknowledge that.
He is a grandstanding **** of a ref though and we've been on the wrong side of bad decisions with him more than a few times.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpeg

???

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Believe it or not, Palace fans, we know what it feels like to be shafted by referees.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

No I thought the ref got that one wrong too, but not in such an offensive position. Still advantage would have been the better call. Heard on talk sport today that clattenburg let a couple of decisions go in his previous game and it escalated, so the pulling up quickly was a result of this. I've had enough of poor refereeing this season, I still believe we could be in the prem is Stephens was on the pitch for the remainder of the Boro game, so I sympathise a bit...

Ha ha but not too much!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I was bathing in the glory of yet another 'let's all do a Pardew' dance, one of my colleagues pointed out:-

'Oh but we'll still be in the Premier League next season and got to Wembley'.

I replied

'Is that the same Premier League you only have won twice in this year, and over the season scored less goals than games played?
Not to mention humiliating yourselves in front of a global TV audience'.

To which he said:-

'Yeah but we're in the Premier League'. :facepalm:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Couldn't care less to be honest. They all laughed and said Stephens desreved a red.

Palace didn't lift the FA Cup. That's all i care about. Buzzing about that.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
As I was bathing in the glory of yet another 'let's all do a Pardew' dance, one of my colleagues pointed out:-

'Oh but we'll still be in the Premier League next season and got to Wembley'.

I replied

'Is that the same Premier League you only have won twice in this year, and over the season scored less goals than games played?
Not to mention humiliating yourselves in front of a global TV audience'.

To which he said:-

'Yeah but we're in the Premier League'. :facepalm:

Nobody got humiliated - apart from in the minds of some rival fans wanting to believe that (ok, excluding the Pardew shuffle)

And starting a new season afresh in the Premier League is where you'd love to be.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nobody got humiliated - apart from in the minds of some rival fans wanting to believe that (ok, excluding the Pardew shuffle)

And starting a new season afresh in the Premier League is where you'd love to be.

Hope you perform better than you managed last year. Laughable. As I understand it a few of the Pardew faithful were none too chuffed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Where we are at the moment is pretty much dreamland compared to where we have been, the infrastructure, management and being competitive in the Championship with a great group of players with a fantastic team spirit is a situation that most BHA fans would have bitten your hand off for a few years back, so no, I wouldn't say a lot of us would 'love' to be in the PL. Even with the end to the season we've had it still feels like heady times (to me anyway) and the thought of playing soulless machines like Chelsea and Man City when we could be playing real grass roots clubs like Burton Albion and Preston...well...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What I've seen from Palace fans since Saturday is this:

- Pardew should be got rid of.
- Why dd we give Pardew a new contract after the second half of the league season?
- Club stuffed up ticket sales, hence so many United fans in the Palace end.
- Cabaye isn't interested. Why are we paying him so much?
- Adebayor - that went well didn't it?
- Why haven't we got a Premier League level keeper?
- We need to massively strengthen if we're going to stay up.
- Why wasn't Bolasie interested on the big stage?
- Why wasn't Wilf interested on the big stage?
- <Insert player name here> is past it and needs to be moved on.

All I've read from Albion fans since last Monday is:

- Our manager is an absolute credit to himself and the club - so glad he has signed a contract extension.
- Our players gave their absolute all.
- So proud to be an Albion fan.

Spot the difference. Spot the contented fans.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
What I've seen from Palace fans since Saturday is this:

- Pardew should be got rid of.
- Why dd we give Pardew a new contract after the second half of the league season?
- Club stuffed up ticket sales, hence so many United fans in the Palace end.
- Cabaye isn't interested. Why are we paying him so much?
- Adebayor - that went well didn't it?
- Why haven't we got a Premier League level keeper?
- We need to massively strengthen if we're going to stay up.
- Why wasn't Bolasie interested on the big stage?
- Why wasn't Wilf interested on the big stage?
- <Insert player name here> is past it and needs to be moved on.

All I've read from Albion fans since last Monday is:

- Our manager is an absolute credit to himself and the club - so glad he has signed a contract extension.
- Our players gave their absolute all.
- So proud to be an Albion fan.

Spot the difference. Spot the contented fans.

Any team finishing 15th will need to review, discuss and react.
Any team finishing 3rd would be fairly happy (even if they did lose for the 3rd time at the semi final stage).

There's no big surprises there.

The common denominator is that we'll both be hoping to do better next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here