Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace V Wigan

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Well bugger me, what a surprising result + reaction. Wigan put out a mix of first teamers and second string players, split about 50/50. We did the same, resting 5/6 of our stand-out performers so far.

First 10 minutes we struggled to do much, but after Ambrose scored it was literally one-way traffic. The commentators were wondering how we had only scored two after Murray hit the bar and then the post before being denied by a fantastic save from Al-Habsi who is a top, top keeper. We probably should have had 4/5 goals by half time and Wigan couldn't have complained!

Nice to see another academy product grab his first goal, young Jonny Williams made his debut earlier in the season and at 16 looks to be a very good prospect! Shot from the edge of the box that looked like it took a small deflection but was probably going in anyway. Obviously he enjoyed it immensely and put in another great performance - the boy has a very big amount of potential.

We played well but we were helped out by Wigan putting in the worst performance I've seen for a very long time by any team. They were completely demoralized after the second goal and couldn't string two passes together. Somehow the woodwork stopped the scoreline being VERY embarrassing for them.

Right at the end another older academy product Ben Watson nicked one with pretty much the last kick, which was great for him and obviously he didn't celebrate. Good to see that he's become such a regular in their side, he's a really good player.

Very happy - looking forward to the 27th! Hope you beat Liverpool so we can get the chance we deserve to be the first team to beat you at the Amex :)

PS. Oh, and to the Brighton fan that pretended to be "in the know" at Palace and claimed that Murray injured himself after the final whistle and was out for 3 months - go f*** yourself :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Whats that Palarse fans were talking about when they said our support would soon drop to 7k?
Looks like they beat us to it.

We get crowds like that in unimportant games all the time? most established clubs do...

If we ever got a big club to play we'd bring far more - see Aston Villa in the quarter-finals of the FA cup last year and an attendance of 22,000.

Wigan at home in the Crappy Cup in the early stages is hardly an attractive proposition. Still went, mind.

Wigan brought 94 fans :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we ever got a big club we'd bring far more - see Aston Villa in the quarter-finals of the FA cup last year and an attendance of 22,000.

We got that for a league game against Doncaster. And that was without a significant away contingent swelling the attendence.

Next.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
In all seriousness....Murray looks f***ing quality. And we haven't even seen much of him yet.

He does. I think he's scored and hit the woodwork three times in around three full games worth of time.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We got that for a league game against Doncaster. And that was without a significant away contingent swelling the attendence.

Next.

That's because you're in a new stadium? You'd expect to fill it in your first season, surely? We certainly will in 5 years time.

I'm rather surprised that Brighton fans are so quick to draw on attendances! I mean, look what you've been getting (through little fault of your own) for the last few years! 8,000 fans tonight for us was a low attendance at a game people didn't really care about with under 100 away fans.

It's hardly like it's our cup final. We've proven that we get 20,000 crowds for big games - this wasn't a big game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In all seriousness....Murray looks f***ing quality. And we haven't even seen much of him yet.

He IS f***ing quality. But the reason you haven't seen much of him yet is because of those blessed NIGGLES he always has.

Seriously though, we are SO over him. CMS, Noone, Lua Lua, Buckley, Hoskins and Barnesy still knocking them in. And Vicente to come. FEARSOME. Utterly FEARSOME.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He IS f***ing quality. But the reason you haven't seen much of him yet is because of those blessed NIGGLES he always has.

Seriously though, we are SO over him. CMS, Noone, Lua Lua, Buckly, Hoskins and Barnesy still knocking them in. And Vicente to come. FEARSOME. Utterly FEARSOME.

Niggles? He was kicked very hard in the leg. Not really a "niggle".

Fearsome? Give me our academy products that attract £5m bids with 5 years left on their contract any day :)
Zaha (2 more assists tonight), Murray, Williams and Scannell make up a great front-line, that only gets better with every passing season.

Brilliant young players is... sort of what we do at Palace :)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Seriously though, we are SO over him. CMS, Noone, Lua Lua, Buckley, Hoskins and Barnesy still knocking them in. And Vicente to come. FEARSOME. Utterly FEARSOME.

Murray, Ambrose, Zaha, Scannell...remember the names...

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
It was easy to be fair. Wigan are the most pointless club going.

Well, this is the most sensible post on this thread so far - and it's from a Palace fan! You know Eagles#1 I hate your club with a passion, but at least you're not Wigan. I mean who would want them as a rival?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I must admit I have the fear. This is not Hollywood. Good does not always triumph over evil.

Come on Phil, you can't call Glenn evil for what he did, he simply did what every other footballer in his position would have done and joined a bigger club! :banana:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Well, this is the most sensible post on this thread so far - and it's from a Palace fan! You know Eagles#1 I hate your club with a passion, but at least you're not Wigan. I mean who would want them as a rival?
This was Wigans travelling 'army' tonight. I don't think it would have been much different had it been a league game...

attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here