Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Try playing there for 12 years, I wonder how many of those 600 would still be there at the end of it.

Not many I bet.

Fair enough. I don't get all this "our attendance was blah blah blah". Silly pathetic argument. Let the table at the end of the season do all the talking.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Undoubtedly, "our crowd is bigger than yours" is the shittest insult that keeps being trotted out by our supporters.

I can only imagine that is a retort United used when City destroyed them in the derby, or is what Bradford use every time they lose

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Wot?
Got 4 tickets and will sell on if I can can my
Hands on some in away end
I should have enough points but just making sure
That makes me tough well I can hold my head up high
Happy new year to you too

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Fair enough. I don't get all this "our attendance was blah blah blah". Silly pathetic argument. Let the table at the end of the season do all the talking.

Couldn't agree more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seeing this thread has reminded me - I was very reliably told in the last week that this "only 2500 tickets because The Met say so" is complete and utter bollocks.

It is entirely down to CPFC themselves.

(Note: I'm not complaining - it is entirely their prerogative, and entirely within FL rules. But they should come clean about the reasons.)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Seeing this thread has reminded me - I was very reliably told in the last week that this "only 2500 tickets because The Met say so" is complete and utter bollocks.

It is entirely down to CPFC themselves.

(Note: I'm not complaining - it is entirely their prerogative, and entirely within FL rules. But they should come clean about the reasons.)

Bozza, trust me its the Police. They forced us to change the Away end. Do you think Palace would have done that? It cost Palace more money to move the away end then it did saving money on Policing costs. Our Chairman suck up to the Met Police. Its f***ing annoying.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
yes i was there from 1979 and it was not a shit hole compered to your dive

What? Are you really saying that the Gallstone was a better ground than Selhurst Park? really? A mickey mouse stand that ran about a third of the length of the pitch and a couple of cowsheds at each end, an uncovered terrace on the other side?? Yeah, whatever.
Whilst its not my cup of tea (give me good old ramshackle Selhurst any day), it could be said that you have a better ground at the moment but please don't talk shit comparing the Gallstone with Selhurst. Maybe you were too young to ever go there? JCL??

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
What? Are you really saying that the Gallstone was a better ground than Selhurst Park? really? A mickey mouse stand that ran about a third of the length of the pitch and a couple of cowsheds at each end, an uncovered terrace on the other side?? Yeah, whatever.
Whilst its not my cup of tea (give me good old ramshackle Selhurst any day), it could be said that you have a better ground at the moment but please don't talk shit comparing the Gallstone with Selhurst. Maybe you were too young to ever go there? JCL??
I was 14 in 79 it was our home and with crowds of 30000 it was bloody great
I rember going to smellhurst beating u 3. 0 and being stuck in a
Shitty corner un covered
Been supporting through the good and bad times
It's about time the 80 s was left there and
Palace get a back bone and allow more than 2500 fans in
How many tickets are Cardiff getting

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Bozza, trust me its the Police. They forced us to change the Away end. Do you think Palace would have done that? It cost Palace more money to move the away end then it did saving money on Policing costs. Our Chairman suck up to the Met Police. Its f***ing annoying.

Clearly bollocks. Did the club not respond to cpfc fans and say no more than minimum tickets. No police force demands 3 empty blocks between fans. Even Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff etc don't have restrictions like that imposed.

Clearly the board are scared that the few palace that turn up, will be left fully disillusioned once they see true support take over selhurst and make it a BHA home game

cluck, cluck

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I was 14 in 79 it was our home and with crowds of 30000 it was bloody great
I rember going to smellhurst beating u 3. 0 and being stuck in a
Shitty corner un covered
Been supporting through the good and bad times
It's about time the 80 s was left there and
Palace get a back bone and allow more than 2500 fans in
How many tickets are Cardiff getting

Fair enough dave. Christ, you are even older than me! (just!) For what it's worth, I wish you were getting more tickets. The more Br*ghton fans there to witness us stuffing you to complete the double the better.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Clearly the board are scared that the few palace that turn up, will be left fully disillusioned once they see true support take over selhurst and make it a BHA home game

cluck, cluck

You are clearly deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports