Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dunk is a walking red card in the Prem.

Yep. Take our friend Joey Barton. A seasoned Premier League trouble-maker. Barton wound him up with ease. It was Dunk who needlessly CLATTERED him, strolled away as if had "done a job" on young Joey, only for the free kick to lead to the corner they scored from.,

Barton had Dunks card marked and knew winding up would win his team a pen or free kick or a cheap red card for Lewis.

Of course, that day Barton was the villain but I was amazed people weren't more concerned with Dunk losing it.....like he did at QPR......and like he did against Derby.

Good defender.....but no good if he's off the pitch. Prem wingers and barton-esque SCAMPS will have a field day winding him up. Of course, it's something he has COMPLETELY control to cut out of his game. Hopefully the one positive from the sending off against Derby is he got a GOOD talking to and won't do it again.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yep. Take our friend Joey Barton. A seasoned Premier League trouble-maker. Barton wound him up with ease. It was Dunk who needlessly CLATTERED him, strolled away as if had "done a job" on young Joey, only for the free kick to lead to the corner they scored from.

What? That isn't what happened in that specific incident, and you know it.

I agree that Dunk is prone to the odd rash tackle, but that was not one of them.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Actually he is not far off, but think we do see him
A bit more, so our opinions are a bit more accurate. Anyway he is not going as they have brought somebody else who I assume the poster has seen about same amount of times? Think I remember seeing a Palace poster saying that Bruno was crap as he was bundled off the ball by Bolasie (Bruno played with a cracked rib that day) but I saw Ward and the left back on a Sky game and they were pants. They obviously are not, but same logic, we know our players better than you and visa versa. If I based my tv watching on Palace players I Would say Zaha is an awful diving cheat as that is all I see him do, but again you see him each week and he got player of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What? That isn't what happened in that specific incident, and you know it.

That's EXACTLY how I remember it. Barton was down by the West stand, Dunk needlessly swiped at him. Free kick given. Barton was going nowhere at the time.

Free kick whipped in, headed behind for a corner.

I turned to my mate and said "they will score from this".

Ball comes in, Keane heads it in.

Is that not what happened? Genuine question.

I've just consulted BBC Live text from that game:

Goal!

Posted at
90'+3'

Goal! Brighton and Hove Albion 2, Burnley 2. Michael Keane (Burnley) header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Matthew Taylor with a cross following a corner.

Posted at
90'+2'

Corner, Burnley. Conceded by Connor Goldson.

Posted at
90'+1'

Joey Barton (Burnley) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at
90'+1'

Foul by Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion
).

Yep, Exactly how I remembered.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
That's EXACTLY how I remember it. Barton was down by the West stand, Dunk needlessly swiped at him. Free kick given. Barton was going nowhere at the time.

Free kick whipped in, headed behind for a corner.

I turned to my mate and said "they will score from this".

Ball comes in, Keane heads it in.

Is that now what happened? Genuine question.

I've just consulted BBC Live text from that game:

Goal!

Posted at
90'+3'

Goal! Brighton and Hove Albion 2, Burnley 2. Michael Keane (Burnley) header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Matthew Taylor with a cross following a corner.

Posted at
90'+2'

Corner, Burnley. Conceded by Connor Goldson.

Posted at
90'+1'

Joey Barton (Burnley) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at
90'+1'

Foul by Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion
).

Yep, Exactly how I remembered.

That is how it was reported, yes.

How it happened, and I was directly in line with it in the West Stand, was as follows:

1) Barton has the ball at his feet.
2) Dunk cleanly takes the ball off him and starts off up the field.
3) Barton throws himself on the ground.
4) Referee falls for it, and blows for a free kick.

The rest of the above is as reported.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003

Erm, you are going to have to explain what you find funny, because I can't guess what it is.

I have given you a first hand account of what I saw - from near the front of Block C in the WSU directly in line with the incident. What did you see, and from where?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
After careful consideration, my comment on this thread is:

**** Pal@rse.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Erm, you are going to have to explain what you find funny, because I can't guess what it is.

I have given you a first hand account of what I saw - from near the front of Block C in the WSU directly in line with the incident. What did you see, and from where?

It was 100% an incredibly daft foul. Seen from WSU and then again on the replays on sky when I got home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here