Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Is a Crystal Palace fan seriously lecturing us on sustainability? Maybe you've only become a supporter recently so are not aware of the two administrations.
I'd say it was a fair point , Would you call losses of £27,000 a day sustainable?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'd say it was a fair point , Would you call losses of £27,000 a day sustainable?

I'd say that it's none of your business and maybe you should concentrate more on your own team throwing money at players and the possible result if the Americans decide to pull out at some point in the future. Leave us to worry about our club on our forum.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Yes, as long as the owner is prepared/has the money to pay them.

Your chairman spent money he did not have, ours does.

Yep 100% correct. (And I think the west ham/Benteke/Carrol situation could happen)

Maybe the OP should have stated - Albion continue to be bank rolled by Tony Bloom rather than using the word sustainable.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No it isn't, that's why we've sold our better players (Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Barnes....) to try and square the circle. It's also the reason why we won't be giving Dunk away.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Oh brilliant...what a wonderful 'Putdown'.

Whatever next.....insults to who may or may not suffer from Muscular Dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, Downs syndrome etc etc etc......and if none of those work, how about Cancer....always worth a cheap shot.

You,re not good at 'putdowns'....you are a pathetic Crystal Palace poster.

Bless, you're so argumentative you could have a row in an empty room.

And you'd still lose. :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep 100% correct. (And I think the west ham/Benteke/Carrol situation could happen)

Maybe the OP should have stated - Albion continue to be bank rolled by Tony Bloom rather than using the word sustainable.

We/He could make it more sustainable if he wanted too.

No football club is sustainable without people like Mr Bloom bank rolling them, escpecially in the top 2 divisions.

Not if you want to compete anyway.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
No it isn't, that's why we've sold our better players (Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Barnes....) to try and square the circle. It's also the reason why we won't be giving Dunk away.
Fair point regarding the sale of players, A couple of seasons without selling your better players and surely even Tony will feel the pinch.

Back on subject -Dunk

Just my view but I can't see him coming to Palace. I would see him as a gamble for the kind of money Albion would want to let him go.(£8m?) I think there is a decent centre back in there but he needs to iron out the mistakes and 'mad moments' before a premiership club will come in. Centre backs get better with age and experience so at 24 he has time of his side. Needs to mentally up his game next couple of seasons IMO.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Fair point regarding the sale of players, A couple of seasons without selling your better players and surely even Tony will feel the pinch.

Back on subject -Dunk

Just my view but I can't see him coming to Palace. I would see him as a gamble for the kind of money Albion would want to let him go.(£8m?) I think there is a decent centre back in there but he needs to iron out the mistakes and 'mad moments' before a premiership club will come in. Centre backs get better with age and experience so at 24 he has time of his side. Needs to mentally up his game next couple of seasons IMO.

And your opinion is based on watching how many games?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Its a matter of opinion and my opinion is different based on watching a lot more games...

I've also watched a lot more games.....and I agree with him.

The needless and stupid second yellow against Derby, meaning he was suspended for one of the biggest games in Brighton's history was one example.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Actually he is not far off, but think we do see him
A bit more, so our opinions are a bit more accurate. Anyway he is not going as they have brought somebody else who I assume the poster has seen about same amount of times? Think I remember seeing a Palace poster saying that Bruno was crap as he was bundled off the ball by Bolasie (Bruno played with a cracked rib that day) but I saw Ward and the left back on a Sky game and they were pants. They obviously are not, but same logic, we know our players better than you and visa versa. If I based my tv watching on Palace players I Would say Zaha is an awful diving cheat as that is all I see him do, but again you see him each week and he got player of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I personally think he is the best CB in the league!

But you've not watched all the other centre backs in this league as much as Dunk........so your opinion is based on only snippets you've seen.......which was your exact criticism of CPFC G....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here