Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

theboybilly

I don't understand the negativity towards Uwe, he only played 16 games.
To me he looked plenty good enough, and I'm sure, one way or another, he would have been preferred to two 'kids' playing together.

Those that don't rate him, FFS he only played 16 games in a new team, division and country, what more do you want?

As it turned out the scouting was spot on, Connor Who, was better than anybody could have imagined (esp as nobody had heard of him, probably to busy pleading for Steve Foster's return) and Uwe wasn't needed or missed.
But with Greer gone I'm sure Uwe will be invaluable next season, irrespective as to who else is in the squad.

My great memory of Uwe last season was when he played so well in the goalless draw at Hillsboro on a chilly Tuesday night. Wednesday were making no real progress so they brought this big lump on who's first action was to try and take Uwe out. Hunnemeir brushed him aside and carried on like a seasoned CB. Suffice to say the 'lump' got nothing after that. Uwe is an excellent player.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think dunks agent is having a field day here , Leicester will have bigger players in mind than dunk . If he leaves then it will be to a lower level team ( possibly us ) where he will have a chance to play . I personally think that no one will come up with the kind of money bloom will ask for , but he will need to sell someone . Adrian mariappa , who we released , would be a decent replacement if dunk goes .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think dunks agent is having a field day here , Leicester will have bigger players in mind than dunk . If he leaves then it will be to a lower level team ( possibly us ) where he will have a chance to play . I personally think that no one will come up with the kind of money bloom will ask for , but he will need to sell someone .

Yep just like Ulloa being sold for £10 million. Bloom doesn't know what he is doing.

theboybilly

I think dunks agent is having a field day here , Leicester will have bigger players in mind than dunk . If he leaves then it will be to a lower level team ( possibly us ) where he will have a chance to play . I personally think that no one will come up with the kind of money bloom will ask for , but he will need to sell someone .

You're probably right Dougie but O'Grady, Jake Forster-Caskey and Rohan Ince will surely be the first on any list to leave .O'grady will likely go on a free I think

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You're probably right Dougie but O'Grady, Jake Forster-Caskey and Rohan Ince will surely be the first on any list to leave .O'grady will likely go on a free I think

They will probably go but will they generate much money ? Dunk or kayal going will get the most money .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What makes you so certain we need to sell??
We don't need to sell. Pal@rse poster talks sh1te shocker.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think dunks agent is having a field day here , Leicester will have bigger players in mind than dunk . If he leaves then it will be to a lower level team ( possibly us ) where he will have a chance to play . I personally think that no one will come up with the kind of money bloom will ask for , but he will need to sell someone . Adrian mariappa , who we released , would be a decent replacement if dunk goes .

If the price is not met he will not be sold, it really is a simple as that.

I presonally think someone will pay around the 8 million mark, it really isnt that much with all the money sloshing around these days

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't understand the negativity towards Uwe, he only played 16 games.
To me he looked plenty good enough, and I'm sure, one way or another, he would have been preferred to two 'kids' playing together.

Those that don't rate him, FFS he only played 16 games in a new team, division and country, what more do you want?

As it turned out the scouting was spot on, Connor Who, was better than anybody could have imagined (esp as nobody had heard of him, probably to busy pleading for Steve Foster's return) and Uwe wasn't needed or missed.
But with Greer gone I'm sure Uwe will be invaluable next season, irrespective as to who else is in the squad.
Agreed. Looked a quality player to me.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
They will probably go but will they generate much money ? Dunk or kayal going will get the most money .
As someone said, Why do we have to sell? We didn't have to sell last season and we apparently need less of a rebuild than last season. If we play the market right (like we did with Goldson, Knockhaert, Skalak and even Hemed) then the only reason why we would sell is if a player wants to go, even then it won't be cheap.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I personally think that no one will come up with the kind of money bloom will ask for , but he will need to sell someone
Says who?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

theboybilly

£50 million won't go far. There's not a lot of room around SP to do much and the residents of Park Road won't want a bigger stand blocking their view. The club doesn't even have much er, club parking so quite where the suggested hotel was going God only knows. Palace don't really need a bigger ground unless United or Liverpool are visitors so they can work on a 25,000 capacity and just do it up to somewhere near where a stadium should be in 2016.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-american-investment-says-steve-a3126856.html

"An agreement is in place for the new investors to contribute “upwards of £50m-£100m” in stadium redevelopment and infrastructure.

The club propose a phased progression beginning with the building of a new main stand behind the current one, adopting an identical strategy to that underway at Liverpool’s ground; Palace are even using KSS Group — the same architects working on Anfield. Croydon Council is being consulted regularly as plans develop."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here