Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Arguably that's all he has done though. Looking like a good championship player, who can't produce it in the Prem.

Whilst I loathe him because of the team he plays for, if trying to objectively assess him he is a decent squad player for a small PL team.

He's played over 30 games a season for that lot in each of the last two seasons. If he was as crap as wish he was he wouldn't have achieved that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Whilst I loathe him because of the team he plays for, if trying to objectively assess him he is a decent squad player for a small PL team.

He's played over 30 games a season for that lot in each of the last two seasons. If he was as crap as wish he was he wouldn't have achieved that.

On that basis does that make CMS a good championship player?

Given how good he was supposed to be, his actual impact seems fairly minimal - I hadn't realised he'd even played that much TBH. That said there are plenty of ours who wont be up to Prem standard either, but may play 30 games.

I suppose its a bit like when Palace were tagged 'the team of the 80's'.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

As always the voice of reason . Wilf will get better , last season was his best ever for us and bearing in mind he is in his early twenties he is a talent . We all can remember his two goals in THAT game but the goal in your first league defeat at the Amex when he took on your entire team and scored is unbelievably forgotten about . That was world class and only special players can produce that .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As always the voice of reason . Wilf will get better , last season was his best ever for us and bearing in mind he is in his early twenties he is a talent . We all can remember his two goals in THAT game but the goal in your first league defeat at the Amex when he took on your entire team and scored is unbelievably forgotten about . That was world class and only special players can produce that .
Still got no mates I see, poor fella

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

Was was beginning to think you where ok and then you called Zaha World Class. Wake up you deluded pikey.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On that basis does that make CMS a good championship player?

Given how good he was supposed to be, his actual impact seems fairly minimal - I hadn't realised he'd even played that much TBH. That said there are plenty of ours who wont be up to Prem standard either, but may play 30 games.

I suppose its a bit like when Palace were tagged 'the team of the 80's'.

Fair point about CMS. He came as our record signing and therefore was always picked as the JEC's ego wouldn't allow him to admit making an error signing him.

His final season for us was probably a fairer indication of his abilities at this level. I suspect I'm as disappointed as you as to the way things ended up with him. We all thought he was better than he turned out to be and were genuinely excited when he chose us ahead of West Ham. He started pretty well, but then defenders worked out how to play him, and it was downhill from then on.

21 goals in four seasons and a transfer fee and wage cost of about £6 million over that period turned out to be an expensive error.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair point about CMS. He came as our record signing and therefore was always picked as the JEC's ego wouldn't allow him to admit making an error signing him.

His final season for us was probably a fairer indication of his abilities at this level. I suspect I'm as disappointed as you as to the way things ended up with him. We all thought he was better than he turned out to be and were genuinely excited when he chose us ahead of West Ham. He started pretty well, but then defenders worked out how to play him, and it was downhill from then on.

21 goals in four seasons and a transfer fee and wage cost of about £6 million over that period turned out to be an expensive error.

Yes was travelling back from a meeting in Exeter and remember honking my horn in delight that we'd signed him!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here