Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not at all, I'm just quoting information from the audited accounts.
If BHA hadn't sold Ulloa and Buckley and not bought anybody then the operating loss would have been £13.6M; the £6.236M being a surplus after the costs of player purchases throughout the season have been deducted from the transfer incomes received. The max FFP loss permitted for 2014/15 was, I think, £6M.
During the season the club did increase income from commercial sponsorship and grants (+£1.1M) but this was balanced, broadly speaking, by reductions in match day income and central FL distributions.

Well yes ok, but your original question was "could they not have been sold to avoid a transfer embargo?". I say unlikely for the reasons given - ie they were sold at the beginning of a financial year, not the end. But I take your point. :thumbsup: It is a cracking piece of forward planning if that is the case.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Come on..Everyone has heard of Dunk...No one even knows Scott's name!

Scott Dann - 181 Premiership appearances
Dirty Dunk - 0 Premiership appearance

Both a good in the air in the oppositions penalty box, Dunk also in the witness box.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Scott Dann - 181 Premiership appearances
Dirty Dunk - 0 Premiership appearance

Both a good in the air in the oppositions penalty box, Dunk also in the witness box.

How old is Dann? And still no-one really knows much about him!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dann is very good and underated, everytime he gets on the verge of an England Call up he has an absolute shocker !

Dunk has the potential to be better, hes a very good footballer

8 million on Dunk isnt even a risk in my opinon, 2 years time if it does not work out and anyone would get half the fee back, its pennies with all the money sloshing around in the Premier League.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
You lot were trying to convince every man and his dog that Zahahahahahaha was world class...Look how that turned out!

Zaha is so good he couldnt even make the England team for the Euros that has its only winger as Sterling.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Zaha? You mean that diving piece of shit?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Derby ? He would fit in well there as they're also a team of chokers .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Derby ? He would fit in well there as they're also a team of chokers .

Thank God Pardew did his little dance, deflected from the fact that all your 'super' fans left at the final whistle and that you blew a lead..... #chokers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here