Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace reaction to Zamora signing.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Good job tony doesn't want back his £250 m+ gift . All these other clubs cheating the system and getting around ffp , it's not fair :tantrum:

Why is it none of you trolls are commenting on your clubs appalling behaviour over Poogate, indefensible is it?

And it's a good job Tony Bloom helped a cash strapped club out financially when CPFC2010 took over

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010
Brighton have kindly offered to provide their coverage of the match free of charge. This is a 5 camera coverage. In other words the feed will be the same as they show on their screens. Without that it would have been too expensive to put this on as we'd have had to stump up to pay for the outside broadcast unit - eg cameras, cameramen etc.

The bulk of the cost is the Satellite link. This involves having a satellite truck at both ends (Brighton and Selhurst) and the cost of this is somewhere between £5000 and £6000. We could have done it much cheaper by having an internet feed but that could have been poor quality, could have cut out or even failed to work.

The cost of stewarding and opening the stadium is at least £1000. So it's about £6000 to £7000 to put it on.

Catering and bar staff are extra but that should be more than covered by bar income.

We have really not done this to make money but if there is a surplus (assuming that more than 700 people turn up) then any proceeds will go to the Academy. If under 700 people turn up we'll still go ahead of course but will lose money on it

And they paid him back with Poogate! Nice people

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not jealous? Almost daily Palace threads on Nsc 1000'S of views the very odd one or two on bbs or holmesdale.
Re Selhurst you've had a nice stadium for 5 minutes and played in shlt holes for the rest of your history :ffsparr:
You keep the Amex and lower league football we'll happily wait to play you again hope it's not 13 years :laugh:

I just love looking at my bookmarks always make me chuckle.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?276324-Palace-s-last-three/page5

Is the reason you live in Littlehampton because you're a little prick :moo:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why is it none of you trolls are commenting on your clubs appalling behaviour over Poogate, indefensible is it?

Because no one , apart from some on here , give two hoots about it . Let it go it's not good all this angst .

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Not jealous? Almost daily Palace threads on Nsc 1000'S of views the very odd one or two on bbs or holmesdale.
Re Selhurst you've had a nice stadium for 5 minutes and played in shlt holes for the rest of your history :ffsparr:
You keep the Amex and lower league football we'll happily wait to play you again hope it's not 13 years :laugh:

I just love looking at my bookmarks always make me chuckle.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?276324-Palace-s-last-three/page5

Can't speak for others but, I for one am not the slightest bit jealous of you lot, and I am sure there are many on here who also couldn't give a rats arse what league your in and what you think of little old Brighton. Nothing lasts for ever, so I am sure we will see you again soon one way or the other.

Enjoy your season catch up soon x

Because when they thought it was one of ours it was deemed as a disgusting despicable act perpetrated by sub-human animals.
When it emerged to be their own driver it was deemed an accident, could have happened to anyone.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
No Jealousy here mate we can hold our heads up high not stolen other peoples money. never shat in other clubs dressing rooms and made a big issue to the media about it, Nah you can keep your scummy club and all involved with it.

You do realise that Brighton didn't pay their creditors in full when they got in a spot of bother in the 90's don't you?

Or maybe 'Spanish flair' wasn't around in those days...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You do realise that Brighton didn't pay their creditors in full when they got in a spot of bother in the 90's don't you?

Or maybe 'Spanish flair' wasn't around in those days...

Are you an Insolvency Practitioner? Or do just have a horse named Belinda?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Because when they thought it was one of ours it was deemed as a disgusting despicable act perpetrated by sub-human animals.
When it emerged to be their own driver it was deemed an accident, could have happened to anyone.

But for them, it's a day to day occurrance. They're clearly not toilet trained...not sure why they're allowed out in polite society really, I can only assume its to make everyone feel better about themselves. A bit like the Jeremy Kyle show.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Well that's it , a unfortunate accident which I'm sure left the driver mortified .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There aren't daily Palace threads here, otherwise you'd be here all the time. Thankfully that's rare now. But if your definition of jealousy is having a thread about a rival club, or viewing one, then you must be very jealous to be posting on NSC.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Haha I think I know the Palace fan from Littlehampton. not surprised he gives it the big one online because he is scared of his own shadow in 'real' life. ****

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I prefer to be associated with the relegation team/club rather then be associated with scum players/directors and manager as demonstrated over Poogate thanks

Poo gate raises it's head again !
Let's run with this then, after a throwaway comment by Paddy McCarthy at Speroni's testamonial night.
The story was, if I'm correct, is the coach driver and kit man dropped the kit off in the morning, just in case of traffic delays later.
Then the coach driver felt a rumbling, and dashed for the loo, where he didn't quite make it, and had a little accident.
A valiant attempt to clear up the mess was fruitless, and the distraught driver shuffled back to the coach, crestfallen.

Fast forward to 1 hour before kick off, and the Palace team finally arrive, after been sent on a detour by the friendly security team, and running the gauntlet of you lot singing Wembley songs as they disembarked the coach.
Holloway was met with a overpowering smell as he entered the dressing room, and in his temper, ran off to the first Brighton official he could find to vent his spleen.

An internal investigation was launched, but the outcome has remained secret.

The coach company we used that night were from West Sussex, so it's possible they employed local drivers, and it's also possible Brighton could have been his second team.
It's also possible he could have had a crafty pie in Dicks Bar ( how ironic that scenario would have been)

NO OFFICIAL STATEMENT has been made by either club, it was an embarrassing situation all round, and IF Brighton felt their reputation had been tarnished , they would have released a statement to the effect of NO Brighton employee was responsible.

So in future can we please stick to Pikies, arsonists and chavs, rather then unfounded stories about deliberately shitting on the floor.

Thanks in advance

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Poo gate raises it's head again !
Let's run with this then, after a throwaway comment by Paddy McCarthy at Speroni's testamonial night.
The story was, if I'm correct, is the coach driver and kit man dropped the kit off in the morning, just in case of traffic delays later.
Then the coach driver felt a rumbling, and dashed for the loo, where he didn't quite make it, and had a little accident.
A valiant attempt to clear up the mess was fruitless, and the distraught driver shuffled back to the coach, crestfallen.

Fast forward to 1 hour before kick off, and the Palace team finally arrive, after been sent on a detour by the friendly security team, and running the gauntlet of you lot singing Wembley songs as they disembarked the coach.
Holloway was met with a overpowering smell as he entered the dressing room, and in his temper, ran off to the first Brighton official he could find to vent his spleen.

An internal investigation was launched, but the outcome has remained secret.

The coach company we used that night were from West Sussex, so it's possible they employed local drivers, and it's also possible Brighton could have been his second team.
It's also possible he could have had a crafty pie in Dicks Bar ( how ironic that scenario would have been)

NO OFFICIAL STATEMENT has been made by either club, it was an embarrassing situation all round, and IF Brighton felt their reputation had been tarnished , they would have released a statement to the effect of NO Brighton employee was responsible.

So in future can we please stick to Pikies, arsonists and chavs, rather then unfounded stories about deliberately shitting on the floor.

Thanks in advance

A throwaway comment, he took a good five minutes in detail telling everyone the details and just how much Palace owed to the driver for that night.
http://www.90min.com/posts/1776543-...arthy-names-and-shames-the-amex-stadium-pooer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here