Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace reaction to Zamora signing.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Was gonna say, Palace have only been going as a club for 5 years. They don't really have any history to speak of.

A club that has apparently only existed for 5 years but has managed to finish 11th and 10th in the top flight while you've never managed to reach 12th in 114 years.

albionite

May 20, 2009
A club that has apparently only existed for 5 years but has managed to finish 11th and 10th in the top flight while you've never managed to reach 12th in 114 years.

Fu*k me you guys are boring. Go get a life instead of lurking on here waiting for a Nigel thread to talk:shit:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
On the contrary, the reaction to BZ signing (on the whole) says the complete opposite, surely? It's a big deal for most of us. If we were a deluded bunch we'd be underwhelmed. As for the rest of your "thoughts" I am amazed you'd take the time to share them tbh.

No problem, any time :wink:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fu*k me you guys are boring. Go get a life instead of lurking on here waiting for a Nigel thread to talk:shit:

Well bore off the palace thread then . If you can't contribute nicely do one .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well bore off the palace thread then . If you can't contribute nicely do one .

You're aware of the irony in your post, aren't you?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...at his age...

Politely, I would have to disagree.

Distin (Bournemouth) - 37
Carvalho (Monaco) - 37
Toni (Verona) - 38 (winner of his 2nd Serie A Golden Boot during 2014/2015 season)
Klose (Lazio) - 37
Di Natale (Napoli) - 37
Totti (Roma) - 38

Zamora is 34 and playing a level below all of the above.

He still has much to offer.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't give a shit what any Palace fan thinks about Zamora, their opinions are not relevant and bar one or two exceptions ignorant and ill-informed.

It certainly isn't lost on me though the continuing legacy of that play-off SF night at the Amex. It felt like it might be a huge crossroads for both clubs even at the time. We, and all honest Palace fans, know it could easily have been us establishing ourselves in the Premier League.

But I give them a lot of credit for what they have done since. You can get there, but then you have to make the right decisions. Getting rid of Holloway was brave but a masterstroke, Warnock did his job, and Pardew is doing his job - and I think their recruitment this summer so far has been really good. They are heading the way of Stoke, a decent and established PL team.

If we want to get back to playing them again regularly, and that was great and very enjoyable for a few short years after so many seasons apart, we are going to have to get promoted.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I couldn't give a shit what any Palace fan thinks about Zamora, their opinions are not relevant and bar one or two exceptions ignorant and ill-informed.

It certainly isn't lost on me though the continuing legacy of that play-off SF night at the Amex. It felt like it might be a huge crossroads for both clubs even at the time. We, and all honest Palace fans, know it could easily have been us establishing ourselves in the Premier League.

But I give them a lot of credit for what they have done since. You can get there, but then you have to make the right decisions. Getting rid of Holloway was brave but a masterstroke, Warnock did his job, and Pardew is doing his job - and I think their recruitment this summer so far has been really good. They are heading the way of Stoke, a decent and established PL team.

If we want to get back to playing them again regularly, and that was great and very enjoyable for a few short years after so many seasons apart, we are going to have to get promoted.

Agree 100%

Palace fans may enjoy lording it over us, but I suspect they would rather play us twice a season, as NOTHING matches the atmosphere at those matches.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was gonna say, Palace have only been going as a club for 5 years. They don't really have any history to speak of.

Comparable to MK Dons, another made up football club.

Two spot on and correct posts. There is no comeback to this it wins any argument or any score on the pitch :) As I said in about the 3rd post the usual trolls sniff a palace thread out within minutes - don't think anyone should create any anymore - let them have a life and go outside :)

Literally couldn't give a toss what fans of palace or any other team thinks of this signing and I certainly won't be reading a single comment of this thread. Had a Leeds fan going on about how we have signed a 'crocked journeyman', arguably more than half of that being totally incorrect anyway.

A club legend has returned, I know several people who have named pets, even their kids after this man. I don't even care if he's total shite this season. The man's a true club hero. Just smile in the knowledge he will walk out at our new stadium next season. Anyone who cannot see the romance in this is a miserable git and why fans of other clubs wish to express negativity towards it is completely unfathomable.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Of course I did - what's it to you Dougle?

I was intrigued that's all . Going by your posts and general feistiness I thought you wouldnt be of that age . Also by seeing him I mean seeing him live at the withdean .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Two spot on and correct posts. There is no comeback to this it wins any argument or any score on the pitch :) As I said in about the 3rd post the usual trolls sniff a palace thread out within minutes - don't think anyone should create any anymore - let them have a life and go outside :)

How would you survive without a Palace thread ?
You love mugging off Palace fans :facepalm:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing

Very fair post
The money that starts to flow in once your up distorts football
I'm expecting another relegation battle this season any better will be a bonus
And I throught zamara played well last season still holds the ball up well and will get his fair share of goals ,
I don't think there was a lot better out there for the money (wages) spent

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was intrigued that's all . Going by your posts and general feistiness I thought you wouldnt be of that age . Also by seeing him I mean seeing him live at the withdean .

:facepalm: You sad, sad ****. I asked you never to quote me on here again and again you prove you can't manage it - bless you. All this cos you didn't get my Kusch avator & weren't clever enough to understand I was winding you up when I said I supported Man U :lol:

Now again, pls don't quote me on here, I have no interest in CPFC2010 or their new supporters bullshit posts. Thanks. Sheebo.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How would you survive without a Palace thread ?
You love mugging off Palace fans :facepalm:

Nah I really don't. I only write stuff in here to wind you lot up. I really have many v good mates who are palace. I do find it odd you all pop up immediately on a thread about palace - it's like you've got a secret whatsapp group called NSC Palace :lol:

As I say, I mainly just post stuff to react to bullshit I see from your lot. Treat bullshit with bullshit. At least I admit it's all bullshit. Too many bullshits? Probably.

Altho your mate Dougle is out of order quoting me and having a pop for no reason as I've asked him not to talk to me on here. There's deluded and fighting your corner with your teams specs on and then there's Dougle...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here