Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace or Chelsea - who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wolves are doing a job on Chelsea at the moment. That 0-0 is looking quite a good result right now ...

Chelsea are comically bad and Caicedo has been taken off. How the f*** did we ever lose to them?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some bizarre symmetry in the last 24 hours...

1. Both Palace and Chelsea fans sing "We're f***ing shit" about their own teams.
2. Large number of both fans sod off early as their sides take humiliating beatings.

Although when I say "bizarre", I actually mean "hilarious".

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I haven't voted as I don't actually hate anybody. Palace are our rivals, and I have pantomime hatred for them, but nothing more.

I do have a genuine dislike of Chelsea, but that is more a general thing (inspired by their succession of arsehole owners) rather than anything Potter-related. I think our relationship with Chelsea is a bit like that we had with Chesterfield or Orient: they're a club we've had a little bit of a run-in with engendering some ill-feeling, but it won't last. Certainly I hope we never claim them as 'rivals', that would be as embarrassing as Leeds claiming rivalry with Man U, or Scotland with England.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't hate either.

I enjoy having the pantomime villain being Palace, and I very much enjoy smashing them. I used to take it much more seriously and let it affect me more, but I grew up and weve essentially leap-frogged them in all areas.

I dislike Chelsea, mostly due to how they've tried to buy football, and partly due to how they gutted our staff. Now, I'd really call it a big fat case of schadenfreude, a year + ago, it was a passionate dislike.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Palace’s next game is Chelsea at home.

What result do you want….draw for me I guess…
Chelsea are an in season rival. We need them to be dropping points.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we not delve into the definition of hate when discussing hating clubs in a football forum everytime a thread like this appears. It’s ‘hate’ in a throwaway football way of course - this is so modern football doing this and I HATE it 🤣😘

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
IMG_3645.jpeg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why would any Brighton fan hate Chelsea?
They cover all of our living expenses.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wouldn't want Palace to go bust.
They have before and are still bloody here.
I would absolutely love it if Chelsea did.
It would be funny, but maybe a drop down a few divisions would be better, but then the likes of Rotherham and Orient will have to put up with their self entitled fans rocking up and taking the piss, not really fair on them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don’t hate anyone… you on the other hand are an irritation best treated with cream

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Far harder than I thought. Wilf added extra hate factor, so perhaps more clear cut if he was still there.
Chelsea's behaviour with us, add in the Oligarch & their general behaviour, and it's very close.
I'd rather see a Chelsea team relegated though. 🙏

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Which clubs the biggest shit show?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Chelsea are an in season rival. We need them to be dropping points.
Palace’s next game is Chelsea at home.

What result do you want….draw for me I guess…
Eeyore said it for me. I want Palace to win, purely so Chelsea drop the points.

On the whole I couldn't care less about Chelsea and "hate" Palace, but as others have said, it's a cartoon hate, not a literal one.

I always want Palace to lose - unless that would negatively affect us. However, I also want to play them every season so don't really want them relegated for that purely selfish reason.

The whole thing brings me back to a windswept Withdean when we needed Palace to win to avoid relegation. The news came in that they'd scored and the whole South Stand sang "Come on you Scum".

On a more sensible note, I will never forget that fact that when we were protesting both against our former owners, and more recently for approval for Falmer there were Palace shirts in the crowd supporting us in our time of need. Also see REMF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here