Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace or Chelsea - who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Regardless of the result of this poll, I think the respective atmospheres at the two games will tell us. I’m pretty sure we’ll be rather more hostile on 20th April than we were yesterday.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Chelsea. Everything that is wrong with football. Palace are fairly similar to us really, just poorly run in current times. I still ‘hate’ them through the rivalry, but it’s just pantomime stuff. I hate what Chelsea did, and continue to do to football. They’ve ruined the game.

I would far, far rather go for a beer and talk football with a Palace fan than a Chelsea fan.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Chelsea embody everything that is wrong with modern football and playthings for billionaires

Palace will always be the ones, since I even heard about football as a kid it’s always been palace and always will be

No brainier

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Can we stop with this fake rivalry with Chelsea it’s cringy.
It’s always been Palace and Pompey.
All Chelsea have done is enable us to progress into the club we are today by paying well over the top for our players who’s careers then fall off a cliff.
It's really only been palace realistically as pompey had too many Herbert's for our mob to contend with, being a dockers city and all that.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I despise Chelsea and Palace. With the latter it’s kind of weird to finally be in a situation where we are looking down on them and not sure if I’m feeling some sort of strange level of sympathy for them. I definitely enjoy Chelsea losing more than them at the moment, but maybe that’s because they are a Europa league position competitor.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
You could argue that our rivalry with Palace only really got going because incidents and events sparked it in the 70s. Until Venables/Mullery I get the impression there was no real antipathy on either side.

In recent times incidents and events have made us focus our fury and indignation on Chelsea. So maybe it's fair enough for some fans to say they'll be more fired up for that game? In addition to the very Brighton-themed reasons to dislike them, Chelsea are a very easy club to hate for wider footballing reasons, and their relative proximity perhaps adds to that.

Of course their fans couldn't really give a toss about us, which takes some of the fun away. It will never be a rivalry in that sense, but certainly a fixture that many of us will look forward to and one that will see far more hostility from the Brighton fans than pretty much any other PL game – possibly including Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here