Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on Talksport - nominated most cringeworthy club

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You've won four and lost three of your last ten games. We've won four and only lost two of our last ten (including two recent victories against the top two). Quite some claim you make above that 'the best we (BHA) can probably hope for out of the March 17th game is a draw.'

£50 quid, stop all your nit picking and bet me. Money to REMF, im confident, not because im delusional etc its just I know the way we have performed recently.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Here we go again.

Whats wrong with having conviction in what you are saying. I simply have an opinion on what will happen and if necessary im willing to back that up, instead of reeling of form tables etc

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again.

Whats wrong with having conviction in what you are saying. I simply have an opinion on what will happen and if necessary im willing to back that up, instead of reeling of form tables etc

c

Yes, so did Seaside and when he lost he never bothered paying.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I love this idea that because Brighton will have an academy set up at some point in the future, they're going to be able to produce top quality players or even steal talent from us :lolol:

Loads of clubs in England have an academy, and yet you don't even need one hand to count the amount of clubs who can genuinely say theirs is anywhere close to being as good as ours.

Palace's academy has produced incredible quality over the last few years: Clyne, Moses, Zaha, etc.
Brighton's academy is extremely unlikely to produce anyone as good as that for an extremely long time. You don't just start an academy and see immediate results, producing top Premiership players has been the goal at Palace for decades.

Well, this week two of our academy players have been brought by Chelsea. The price, around £400,000 each. The new academy will hopefully turn out a few more and bring some through to the first team.
Patience is a virtue.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure of names but it was a couple of days ago. We also got a youngster from the Arsenal academy, but i believe he was released by them.
U15's beat Portsmouth academy this afternoon..... 1-0.

I've not heard anything about this. Where was it reported?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've not heard anything about this. Where was it reported?

It was not reported. The Arsenal lad was picked up when he was playing in a trial game, academy's have youngsters that are going to be released play in games that other academy's scouts etc come along to, if they fancy or think the player can fit in, then they take them on.
The U15's played on the 3g pitch next to the Amex, this afternoon, 1-30 ko.
The info on the two lads that Chelsea picked up (not from a trial game obviously) came about today.
As i said before, the BHA academy teams are doing well now against class/top academy teams. Played Chelsea, Fulham, Charlton of late, and done very well. MK Dons on Sunday 0r Saturday away. The U13's and 14's are playing in Madrid this week, (school hols) and come back Friday, the U15's and !6's go there in Oct half term.
I believe the new academy will benefit all..... right through the club.
30M good investment. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here