Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace have submitted plans for Selhurst Redevelopment

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Im sure its going to be a lovely stand (which they've copied its design from the Amex), but by adding this modern architecture to only one side of the ground somehow they've made one of the most incohesive, muddled, jumble of a stadium look even more so. Having 4 stands of varying quality and style equates to one ugly bit of engineering. Maybe they'll get round to fixing up the other 3 sheds in another 100 years.
And they call the Amex the Wonky Warehouse

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
.. by adding this modern architecture to only one side of the ground somehow they've made one of the most incohesive, muddled, jumble of a stadium look even more so. Having 4 stands of varying quality and style equates to one ugly bit of engineering.
It could work, my last place in Sussex was very early Georgian, extended & enlarged during the Regency period and massively extended during the Victorian era and also extended again post WW1. I loved the odd way it all sort of fitted in despite the various clashes of architectural designs. You could see the evolution of the building over the best part of 300 years.

It might work on a football ground?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
At first I thought it was a joke article because of the 2018 2022 6 year point. Then I realised it was probably a reference to a 2 year lead in to get the first permission and the calling out of Beaky was a failure to achieve anything other than 2 planning permissions (from a sympathetic council) in those 6 years. Fair play to Inside Croydon for that.

Sadly, and no doubt, many wankpuffins will focus on the 'tremendous' recent achievement and completely overlook that planning permission means f*** all without solving the Sainsbury and houses issues.

I would be interested know how long our stadium took in comparison.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Talk about infrastructure when the results on the pitch take a turn for the worse -TICK .

Someone just sent me this over. Do you write your own material, or just borrow from others?

Screenshot 2022-10-22 at 12.05.37.png

Sorry, to disappoint you but, no, my post has nothing to do with on-field results. If it were, I'd probably wait for if/when you were finally above us in the table again - it's been a fair while hasn't it? (And, yes, I'm aware this could be a distinct possibility at 5pm today)

Planning permission had just been granted, again, years and years after it had first been achieved, which is what caught my eye.

And, sorry to disappoint again, but I don't spend my time scouring the internet for examples of your club's failures. It only caught my eye because I was on twitter checking out the account of the chap who posted footage of Dick Knight at Brentford the other night as documented on this thread to see if he'd posted anything else.

At the time I didn't find any further tweets on the Dick Knight incident, but I did see that his most recent tweet was a response to your club's tweet about the planning permission being granted, again:

Anyway, congratulations, although it does sound as though you still have a couple of sizeable hurdles to get over before you have chance of dragging one side of your ground into the 21st century with your Amex West Stand copy.

Getting back on topic: care to share with us a prediction as to when fans will be first sitting in that stand to watch football?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Construction costs have increased significantly over the past year or so, and with costs of materials going up further they better have plenty of money up their sleeves to complete this. If they have to borrow it, then the increasing cost of borrowing will also affect them.
Is there any reference to the cost?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here