Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace have just bid £31.5 million for a player

APalace Fan

Jan 6, 2015
I do like to come on these boards when either we have a bit of success or are in the news, just to see how bitter you lot are. There's more Palace related threads on here than on holmesdale.net !

Keep up the good work chaps. It does make me smile.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I do like to come on these boards when either we have a bit of success or are in the news, just to see how bitter you lot are. There's more Palace related threads on here than on holmesdale.net !

Admit it you only come on here because of our massive fanbase. #15k Palace

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He's included the cost of the Amex in that.

oh christ :facepalm:

Yes strangely enough I know quite abit about the investment from TB. What i'm struggling with is how we are 'not the same club' when facts would clearly state otherwise.

I can appreciate it must be hard for you to accept that you have folded, twice, but you usually come back with some inane shite about your 'PL' status as retort which i'm fine with. The accusation that we are 'not the same club' is bewildering to say the least.

Perhaps you could break it down for me, you've already taught me a thing or two about where TB's investment went. Please, continue.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Palace seem to be really going for it. Genuine question to an informed Palace fan, presumably this money is coming from the American investors ? How much cash is there to spend ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Palace seem to be really going for it. Genuine question to an informed Palace fan, presumably this money is coming from the American investors ? How much cash is there to spend ?

Obviously I'm not a palace fan but I assume a lot on it is they let a lot go who were most likely on big wages and with the new TV deal in place I think all clubs could spend in excess of £50 million this summer. I think all palace fans know they need to spend to survive another year as their 2nd half of the season was terrible and relegation form no question. Seems they had a decent first 11 but not a lot of depth.
The PL has gone mad in my opinion. Money being quoted for players is insane. Seems once players and transferred in to the PL it is hard to shift then from your books if you want rid as the only other clubs who can afford them are run of the mill PL clubs.
I think Benteke is a decent CF but how Villa ever got anyone to part with £32.5 million is mad. No one on the continent is likely to ever pay more than 15-20 tops and therefore if Liverpool want 30 million it will be to another PL club like Palace. Obviously different players but you could of brought Renato Sanches for 4 million less who could in my opinion become the worlds best player. The problem is that filters down and even more average players like Gayle are going for 10 million where on the continent he would be 2/3 million. Those with parachute payments can splash out more and more as the now as gets bigger. The rest of us go and look for bargains like Knockhart, Scalak, Ulloa, Kayal were. You always get duds like Elvia and Holla but it's all we can really do.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

My understanding was the bulk of the American investment was earmarked for the ground re development.
In saying that, and with the new PL deal kicking, they may be investing more money in the team, especially with the dollar rate against the pound.
Can see us spending £60/70 mill, and receiving £20 mill with player sales.

theboybilly

At the time you posted this there were three 'Palace' threads on Page One.....2 of those were about the pier ???

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:drool: be prepared for some breaking news :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here