Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace have just bid £31.5 million for a player

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Won't go to us, wants Champions league football.
Hope we go back for Benteke, proven at this level, and cheaper .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
But would he fit into your system? I would have thought Adebyor (I know that's not how it's spelt) but he didn't do much given he's established as a premier league player.

And past it .
A big gamble that failed big time.
Benteke is 25 I believe, and still developing.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
But you're mixing old money with new.
I think if we review those numbers in September it'll look very different.
palace won't be the only team spending twice their previous transfer record.

All very true, but then again palace won just 2 games after Christmas and still comfortably stayed up.
To avoid relegation a team just needs to be the 4th worst in the division.
Or to put it another way, averaging 1 point a game will comfortably see you remain on the gravy train.

palace aren't just in a different division to the Albion, they are playing a completely different sport.

Go support them then

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Palace have to spend big this year or they will be in another relegation battle. A Keeper, Centre Half, Centre Midfielder, Winger and a Striker at bare minimum. I wonder if top players will want to go there if the counter attacking style of football they play continues.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Palace have to spend big this year or they will be in another relegation battle. A Keeper, Centre Half, Centre Midfielder, Winger and a Striker at bare minimum. I wonder if top players will want to go there if the counter attacking style of football they play continues.

What's wrong with being a counter attacking side? ???

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Well if Dwight Gayle does go to Fulham or Newcastle for 11m then they're going to have a spare space in their 25 to fill.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How many of the people bemoaning the transfer fees and wages paid in the Premier League are also paying the £750 a year that Sky now charge for the privilege of a Super Sunday of Bournemouth v Sunderland, Stoke v Burnley and Palace v anyone? It's time to reclaim the game by binning the subscriptions, otherwise you are feeding the monster.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
How many of the people bemoaning the transfer fees and wages paid in the Premier League are also paying the £750 a year that Sky now charge for the privilege of a Super Sunday of Bournemouth v Sunderland, Stoke v Burnley and Palace v anyone? It's time to reclaim the game by binning the subscriptions, otherwise you are feeding the monster.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

No ones getting rid of there Sky package EP. Why? Sean explains below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVARO0PRm8w

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised Bloom isn't in for him, he'd score 25 minimum in the Championship.

Suspect you're right (about the goals). But he'll be on hefty Premier League wages, and command at least the £6- £7m that Palace paid for him. I don't think that's particularly Tony Bloom's game. Fulham are more go-for-broke than us. Parachute payments.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here