Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Supposedly Andros was offered a short term deal at Palace with a significant wage reduction, to reflect the amount of playing time he could expect next season.

Everton are obviously a bigger club than Palace, or Brighton for that matter, but I'm not sure that has much to do with it. If he can get a decent offer from Everton then good luck to him!

Everton undoubtedly bigger than the franchise you follow with 11 years history but I’d say a similar size to the Albion. Think BHA just pip it due to stadium, academy and infrastructure.

Fair play to Andros for holding out for a club who won’t treat him like shit - I heard Palace offered to treble his wages (no surprise there) in a last gasp attempt to keep him - their own fault and their usual go to - throw money (they shouldn’t have) at it. Poor as usual.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Didn’t we sell one to Man U 2 seasons ago as well?

You did. Great tackler. More recent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why was it offered to 100 different people before him then?

When Paddy did eventually sign Philippe Auclair said on Football Weekly he had always been high on palace's 'want' list.

He went on to say that was partly because Paddy's managerial style is so similar to that of Roy - honest. :lol:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
No, your arrogant club were a laughing stock in the 80’s. And your fear should be a repeat performance next season with a young ‘talented’ team that is not as talented as you are hoping. My comment is not bitter, and is very relevant.

Quite frankly I am not sure I would be excited by any signing your club has made this summer except maybe the kid from Reading.

Still ended the 80s in the top division, yet again above Brighton.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Everton undoubtedly bigger than the franchise you follow with 11 years history but I’d say a similar size to the Albion. Think BHA just pip it due to stadium, academy and infrastructure.

Fair play to Andros for holding out for a club who won’t treat him like shit - I heard Palace offered to treble his wages (no surprise there) in a last gasp attempt to keep him - their own fault and their usual go to - throw money (they shouldn’t have) at it. Poor as usual.

Reported for trolling .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hahahahaha talk about re writing history - he was about 10th choice and wasn’t in any of the lists esp the bookmakers. You were snubbed time and time again and panicked. Could go either way, but rumour was Pat the **** was considering pulling out last min hence it took so long to announce it after it was reported as verbally agreed…

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
When Paddy did eventually sign Philippe Auclair said on Football Weekly he had always been high on palace's 'want' list.

He went on to say that was partly because Paddy's managerial style is so similar to that of Roy - honest. :lol:

Really? Wow! I would have guessed PV would be more attacking (who isn’t!?). That puts him on a par with CH in that respect then!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Are you honestly saying you think BHA are a bigger club than Everton?..

Sheebo I know you like a wind up but come on really :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hahaha hottest day of the year they’re literally all here - not even bothered to get out their 34th floor council flats we pay for :lol: ****ing hell :ffsparr:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Still ended the 80s in the top division, yet again above Brighton.

Conveniently ignoring our 4-0 thumping of your shambles of a team at your dump, and relegation. What was the joke du jour? What’s the difference between Palace and a triangle?

A triangle has 3 points!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? Wow! I would have guessed PV would be more attacking (who isn’t!?). That puts him on a par with CH in that respect then!

Obviously it did stick in my mind as I wasn't expecting such a comment.
Auclair went a little further with his analysis but that clearly hasn't stuck around!

It wouldn't be hard to find, it'll be in part 3 of the first pod after Paddy signed that features Philippe
(But I'm not looking for it)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I am afraid Beaky and co painted themselves into a corner, then had to sign up their umpteenth managerial pick or run out of time to rebuild their decimated squad (so far not too much on the incoming front to get excited about, although one Pal@rse dullard seems very excited).

To be fair, if I was a Palace fan I would be slightly concerned how long the signings are taking but happy with them, Their new signing today is Albionesque, The best CB last season in the Champ. In 19/20 it was Ben and the season before that was Adam. Just like us with Adam it definitely ain't value for money, but a very decent player.

Parish is doing the opposite of what he did for Frank De Boar. Hopefully he will go to the extreme and go mad with the youngsters but end up with the same result.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021

Brighton bigger than Everton?? I've heard it all now! You're not even as big as Southampton, prob about the same level as a Watford or a Norwich.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not really, he as been asked around 6 times and ignoring the question. I will call any form of homophobia out and seeing as his signature can be construed as homophobic, I will call him out

He : she was also clearly racist on here posting a pic of Asian BHA fans without any words. Then refused to answer why the pic meant anything. Complete scummy ****. Glad the bam is incoming. Racist homophobic boring troll with no life at all :thumbsup: Lots of palace2010 followers also don’t like him - quite a few have messaged mates of mine to suggest he’s banned from NSC too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hahahahaaha too easy :lol: Quick over to the BBS or whatever it’s called :ffsparr:

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
Hahahahaha talk about re writing history - he was about 10th choice and wasn’t in any of the lists esp the bookmakers. You were snubbed time and time again and panicked. Could go either way, but rumour was Pat the **** was considering pulling out last min hence it took so long to announce it after it was reported as verbally agreed…

Which bit is re-writing history? I showed you two articles, one from as early as April. Of course when Nuno and Favre were available we looked, we'd be stupid not to. Would PV have been offered the job or not? We will never know but he wasn't plucked out of thin air as originally stated.

As for snubbed, one fell through and personally I am glad Nuno was sacked off, I think the way he operates is bad news. Would have liked Favre though.

It is way too early for predictions, but the signing of players like Olise & Guehi give us good reason to be optimistic

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Which bit is re-writing history, showed you two articles, one from as early as April. Of course when Nuno and Favre were available we looked, we'd be stupid not to. Would PV have been offered the job of not? We will never know but he wasn't plucked out of thin air as originally stated.

As for snubbed, one fell through and personally I am glad Nuno was sacked off, I think the way he operates is bad news. Would have liked Favre though.

It is way to early for predictions, but the signing of players like Olise & Guehi give us good reason to be optimistic

Don’t feed the troll .

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Thanks for the support mate but ignore him, it works for me. Let him have his little crusade with his little crew and eventually I will be gone. He really is a silly little sausage.
Yea, I see you been ignoring the question even asked by other posters. Such a cowardish move, but that's just you ain't it Dougie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here