Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Amazing how many of ‘them’ are back on here after they’ve had a little bit of good news. Not many around when they were scrabbling around for a new manager. Also unusual that none were bigging up Patrick Viera before his appointment. I would have thought if he was first choice, or even close to first choice, some would have been crying out for him. I don’t remember any of them saying “We need Patrick Vierra, not Nuno/ Favre/or any one else linked with them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Amazing how many of ‘them’ are back on here after they’ve had a little bit of good news. Not many around when they were scrabbling around for a new manager. Also unusual that none were bigging up Patrick Viera before his appointment. I would have thought if he was first choice, or even close to first choice, some would have been crying out for him. I don’t remember any of them saying “We need Patrick Vierra, not Nuno/ Favre/or any one else linked with them.

There was one who knew months ago and to avoid him spilling the beans by mistake engineered a long ban from NSC. Genius imo

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There was one who knew months ago and to avoid him spilling the beans by mistake engineered a long ban from NSC. Genius imo

I did see [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] posts both the original one claiming to be Itk, and the second one trying to justify the first.

Just one question, no doubt it will be ignored.

Did PV know about your clubs interest in Nuno/ Favre, or even Howe, who I believe had an interview, or Dyche?

You see, if he had of indeed been first choice, why even interview anyone else. He was willing to work for you, and he was your first preference, so why not just employ him the day Roy left. And why not sort out his work permit, so he could start work as soon as he agreed to join you. Also, why leave your first choice still available to Spurs and Everton who were also scrabbling round for a manager, at the time?

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What a mug... you fluked finishing above us last year... We are miles ahead of your club in everything apart from that... Nothing to feel inferior about!

Shirley he got it arse about face as well.

If anything, we all feel we are superior to them , in nearly every way.
This would mean we have a superiority complex.

I don’t know any Albion fans who think we are inferior to them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don’t know any Albion fans who think we are inferior to them.

I'm afraid you have just opened the gate to the "Just look at the League Table!. MIND THE GAP" comments they are lurking for.

I agree with your sentiments.
In no way do I feel inferior to them.
But all the time they have that one (key) advantage, they will continue to jump all over these threads.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm afraid you have just opened the gate to the "Just look at the League Table!. MIND THE GAP" comments they are lurking for.

I agree with your sentiments.
In no way do I feel inferior to them.
But all the time they have that one (key) advantage, they will continue to jump all over these threads.

That’s why I deliberately said ‘nearly’ every way.

I’d hate to assist their trolling in any way.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I did see [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] posts both the original one claiming to be Itk, and the second one trying to justify the first.

Did PV know about your clubs interest in Nuno/ Favre, or even Howe, who I believe had an interview, or Dyche?

You see, if he had of indeed been first choice, why even interview anyone else. He was willing to work for you, and he was your first preference, so why not just employ him the day Roy left. And why not sort out his work permit, so he could start work as soon as he agreed to join you. Also, why leave your first choice still available to Spurs and Everton who were also scrabbling round for a manager, at the time?

Now look what you've done. You have scared them all off by asking difficult questions and using more than one sentence :)

Dont want to scare Dougie off now he is teetering on the brink of a permaban. He is right on the edge....just a little shove...........

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

There's no way Vieira was our first choice manager. It's quite possible that he was our *original* first choice back in May, but after Nuno & Favre got in touch with the club to apply for the job, they would have both jumped over him in the pecking order for obvious reasons.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's no way Vieira was our first choice manager. It's quite possible that he was our *original* first choice back in May, but after Nuno & Favre got in touch with the club to apply for the job, they would have both jumped over him in the pecking order for obvious reasons.

I've heard of verbal gymnastics, but this tripe takes the gold. He might have been first choice. Then he wasn't. Then he was.

Bravo.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Haven't we been hearing this every year for the last decade? :)

yes you have, but the thing you seem to fail to grasp (or wilfully ignore) is that in that decade(which you have spent mainly in the prem spunking all the money to stay still) is that year on year the gap in league position closes, we have gone from Withdean to the Amex, from training in a public park, to having one the best training and academy set ups in Europe, and to being THREE points behind you which even you as blinkered and willfully ignorant as you are, must know was a just a fluke and bad refereeing decisions

In that 10 years the ONLY progress at the stad de clad is a "ringfenced 100 million" for a copycat stand which should have opened but in fact hasnt even been started (and as we all know-probably will not ever be built), and a cat 1 academy which will possibly start to produce players regularly in 4 or 5 years. Whereas ours is selling players regularly and also producing 30% playing hours in the prem,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like Andros Townsend has flipped the bird at Palace and gone to Everton

Yep - heard today 4 CPFC2010 representatives turned up at his HOUSE with a biro and a contract worth 5 times the wage he was on but he wouldn’t even open the door and phoned Everton there and then saying he’d take an 80% pay cut to move to them even though he knew he would get limited bench time. Fair play to dross for finally letting the penny drop though.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
yes you have, but the thing you seem to fail to grasp (or wilfully ignore) is that in that decade(which you have spent mainly in the prem spunking all the money to stay still) is that year on year the gap in league position closes, we have gone from Withdean to the Amex, from training in a public park, to having one the best training and academy set ups in Europe, and to being THREE points behind you which even you as blinkered and willfully ignorant as you are, must know was a just a fluke and bad refereeing decisions

In that 10 years the ONLY progress at the stad de clad is a "ringfenced 100 million" for a copycat stand which should have opened but in fact hasnt even been started (and as we all know-probably will not ever be built), and a cat 1 academy which will possibly start to produce players regularly in 4 or 5 years. Whereas ours is selling players regularly and also producing 30% playing hours in the prem,

Yeah, fair enough. That *really does* sound better than, you know, winning games.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If we what you say is true, and Nuno and Favre both came to you to ask for a job, and then , after meeting Parish decided to give it a swerve, how come there were strong rumours that Dyche and Howe were interviewed, or at least spoken to about the vacancy?

I really don’t think it’s credible, knowing how football works that all those situations were either false, or that PV was any kind of first pick at anytime until you couldn’t get anyone else, for various reasons. He was desperate for a PL job, you were desperate for a manager, having had several blow you out when your pet journos had leaked that they were taking the job.
Still, if you are all happy with PV, and he’s happy to be at Selhurst, who am I to knock it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Stop this nonsense. Vieira was not in a management job. Had he been Palace's first choice he could have been lined up as soon as Hodgson announced his retirement. He could have been making plans for signings and re-signings, meeting the squad and appointing his coaching team all before anyone else had a chance to express an interest. There would have been every reason to do this and no reason not to. It didn't happen because he only became first choice when other options became unavailable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here