Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/a...arish-comes-fighting-against-games-elite.html

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish comes out fighting against the game's elite… as his American co-owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer bid to buy Chelsea

That is pretty shit to have 2 owners drop the ball as soon as a shinier babble is available even for Palace.

On another note I see there might be a tiny set back in completing the new stand, seems they need to resubmit planning permission
https://theathletic.com/3255117/202...ium-expansion-but-new-application-must-go-in/
and they pursuing a CPO on Sainsburys.

This is going on for years.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
If the American Palace owners attempt to buy chelsea comes off, wouldn't they have to sell their Palace interests?
Even if they fail to buy Chelsea, it shows how much they actually care about Palace if they are willing to jump ship as soon as something else catches their eye

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Having read the Athletic article, I’m still bemused about where the money will come from. If the Americans do buy Chelsea, they would be even less likely to finance the new stand. It was priced at 100 million 4 years ago, how much has the cost gone up now?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Having read the Athletic article, I’m still bemused about where the money will come from. If the Americans do buy Chelsea, they would be even less likely to finance the new stand. It was priced at 100 million 4 years ago, how much has the cost gone up now?

The Spiv just needs to keep the process moving, so no one can call him out for wasting so much cash on plans the club can't afford.
Going through the planning permission process again, buys him a year.

Maybe he'll be able to con some more Americans with myths of being the oldest club in the world.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That is pretty shit to have 2 owners drop the ball as soon as a shinier babble is available even for Palace.

On another note I see there might be a tiny set back in completing the new stand, seems they need to resubmit planning permission
https://theathletic.com/3255117/202...ium-expansion-but-new-application-must-go-in/
and they pursuing a CPO on Sainsburys.

This is going on for years.

Can't see them getting a CPO, as it has to be "for the greater good", which I'm not sure this qualifies as.

Also, I would imagine Sainsbury have more legal and financial clout than Palace, if they decide to fight it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The Spiv just needs to keep the process moving, so no one can call him out for wasting so much cash on plans the club can't afford.
Going through the planning permission process again, buys him a year.

Maybe he'll be able to con some more Americans with myths of being the oldest club in the world.

Bit of a stretch. They’re only 12 years old, right? :rolleyes:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't see them getting a CPO, as it has to be "for the greater good", which I'm not sure this qualifies as.

Also, I would imagine Sainsbury have more legal and financial clout than Palace, if they decide to fight it.

Sainsbury's have said they just want a fair price for the land.
Shouldn't be anything stopping them, if they really wanted to sort things out and build the stand.

My guess is they aren't in a position to.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sainsbury's have said they just want a fair price for the land.
Shouldn't be anything stopping them, if they really wanted to sort things out and build the stand.

My guess is they aren't in a position to.

Well if you apply the usual Crystal Palace exchange rate of a penny in the pound no wonder Sainsburys are saying they are not being offered a fair price

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn’t realise you had American co-owners, trying to purchase Chelsea either.

How about reading the article and commenting on it?

Beacuse the Daily Fail, like all 'print' media, is there for one purpose and one purpose only - to make money. Truth has nothing to do with 99.9% of the shite they print and I'm not going to click to see if this is a 0.1% and add to their coffers. My response was purely based on your post.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That Tyrick Mitchell is shite. Another mistake leading to a goal ?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Beacuse the Daily Fail, like all 'print' media, is there for one purpose and one purpose only - to make money. Truth has nothing to do with 99.9% of the shite they print and I'm not going to click to see if this is a 0.1% and add to their coffers. My response was purely based on your post.

Ok, don’t read it then. :)

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Simon Jordan said on Talksport the other day that Parish had made more money out his time at palace than any previous business he had been involved in.
Now don’t know if that’s true or not but can’t see Jordan saying it if not………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Simon Jordan said on Talksport the other day that Parish had made more money out his time at palace than any previous business he had been involved in.
Now don’t know if that’s true or not but can’t see Jordan saying it if not………

Yes heard that as well. He does take a huge Salary, which is quite strange for a Co owner I think. Wonder how much Tony takes ????? Not

Jordan does not like Parish as he thinks he got Palace on the cheap so
maybe we should be selective on what we hear from him, he does like the sound of his own voice though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes heard that as well. He does take a huge Salary, which is quite strange for a Co owner I think. Wonder how much Tony takes ????? Not

Jordan does not like Parish as he thinks he got Palace on the cheap so
maybe we should be selective on what we hear from him, he does like the sound of his own voice though.

I daresay he made a few quid when he sold Tag Worldwide to Williams Lea.
I assume that's what he used to fund Palace in the first place.

Seems like he's getting the money back as a salary now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Jordan does not like Parish as he thinks he got Palace on the cheap so maybe we should be selective on what we hear from him,

I think it goes further than that. Happy to be corrected but I think his beef is that Beaky's conduct was a bit iffy so his plans to save his 'phoenix from the ashes' club failed enabling Beaky to set up his own 'phoenix from the ashes' club himself. So as [MENTION=13715]jimhigham[/MENTION] hints, a brand new legal identity recently passed its 12th birthday but as it acquired all the 'stock', from the outside it looks like the same thing so they claim to be the oldest club in the world ever and inventors of football and probably western civilisation.

As to the ringfenced money, the only explanation is a verbal agreement from the Americans to stump it up. Coincidentally, and a few years have passed, but the impression is that when they later felt that they had been sold a pup when the reality about the stand development and its incredibly difficult red tape emerged, they put their shares up for sale. Any new investors will therefore need to pay for shares and agree to stump up for the stand.

I suspect a CPO is a tactic. Nobody really wants to go to court, so I reckon this is Beaky's way of accelerating negotiations to pressure Saino's into a less favourable for them price. I hope they call his bluff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here