Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think they still pay inflated wages to certain individuals, whereas we probably pay a more realistic rate, across the squad. I'd imagine the gap between or highest paid and lowest paid is closer than Palace's?
I don't think that's correct. I think we have in general paid better wages than Palace over the last couple of seasons. The reason that we have lost (sold) our better players is simple: there is much more demand from the mega-rich clubs for players that have contributed to finishing in the top 6 than there are for players from a team that finishes 12th-14th every year.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I don't think that's correct. I think we have in general paid better wages than Palace over the last couple of seasons. The reason that we have lost (sold) our better players is simple: there is much more demand from the mega-rich clubs for players that have contributed to finishing in the top 6 than there are for players from a team that finishes 12th-14th every year.
On that basis Olise and Eze will be at Selhurst next season - poor souls.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
On that basis Olise and Eze will be at Selhurst next season - poor souls.
Olise has spent most of this season and a large chunk of last season injured so whoever wants to buy him it may put
off until he has a good few matches under his belt ?

Eze on his day is a lovely player unfortunately his days are every 3rd match and to use a cricket saying he is a bit of a flat track bully, I can really see him going as only a club similar would want him ?

With the spending being dialled back I can’t think who would pay the money we would want.

Of course that’s me hoping a bit 😁

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Olise has spent most of this season and a large chunk of last season injured so whoever wants to buy him it may put
off until he has a good few matches under his belt ?

Eze on his day is a lovely player unfortunately his days are every 3rd match and to use a cricket saying he is a bit of a flat track bully, I can really see him going as only a club similar would want him ?

With the spending being dialled back I can’t think who would pay the money we would want.

Of course that’s me hoping a bit 😁
Surely the release clause determines what he goes for and not your valuation?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not according to the stats in post #7820

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’d like to wish the planning permission for the redevelopment of Selhurst Park a very happy birthday tomorrow.

6 years since it was granted, and not one brick laid.

Apparently though, there is funding in place now.(150million).

So, we should see the Amex tribute act in about 2-3 years.

Maybe.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
I’d like to wish the planning permission for the redevelopment of Selhurst Park a very happy birthday tomorrow.

6 years since it was granted, and not one brick laid.

Apparently though, there is funding in place now.(150million).

So, we should see the Amex tribute act in about 2-3 years.

Maybe.
I'm not going to hold my breath
But it will not be an Amex tribute act. We're not moving to the edge of town, but staying in the heart of our community.
All good things come to those who wait

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But it will not be an Amex tribute act. We're not moving to the edge of town, but staying in the heart of our community.

You do realise that a tribute act, is a second rate copy of an original concept?

It may not, and usually doesn’t, match the original, and has nothing to add in the way of breaking new ground.

Quite apt in your situation.

So, I’m not incorrect in my first post.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Nothing to do with location and everything to do with it's an exact copy of the Amex West Stand. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or it would be if it ever got built.

IMG_0357.JPG

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Nothing to do with location and everything to do with it's an exact copy of the Amex West Stand. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or it would be if it ever got built.

View attachment 180876
To be fair to them, there are only so many ways one can design a football stand, but...

Won't that big hole in the roof make everyone MOIST when it rains...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair to them, there are only so many ways one can design a football stand, but...

I don't think THEORETICAL rain, through a hole in an IMAGINARY roof, can get you wet, tbf.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I suppose next on the list for the plonkers is the fear that when qualified people examine their accounts when Beaky's secret loan is included, that will make their debt higher than ours. Still, they'll find a way to recalculate everything to make their debt lower. Sad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Surely it’s there to let all the smoke out from the all the pyro the devoted ultras will be allowed/encouraged to let off pre-match to maintain the famous atmosphere ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ollyball is taking shape and I’m liking it. Pretty sure we’re safe know and we can enjoy the rest of the season.
At least next season promises to be more exciting 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here