Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ha! So now I'm having visions of the New Stand being in the middle of a huge Sainsburys complex, no pitch, just a big shop and car park.
The dirty thirty are rattling about in the middle, singing the woo woo song, and the megadrone on the megaphone is directing shoppers how to park.

Meanwhile, palace are ground sharing with Horsham.

Poor Horsham

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ha! So now I'm having visions of the New Stand being in the middle of a huge Sainsburys complex, no pitch, just a big shop and car park.
The dirty thirty are rattling about in the middle, singing the woo woo song, and the megadrone on the megaphone is directing shoppers how to park.

Meanwhile, palace are ground sharing with Horsham.
Palace have now submitted plans for a new FanZone...

155010_sainsburys-beer-web.jpg

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Identikit? LOL! The Amex won awards for its unique and original design. I take it you've never been there either.
Until the local police agree that both clubs can take a full allocation, its unlikely I will get to see the Amex in all its glory. It is out of town though, so doesnt have the problem of being in a seedy area of Brighton. I assume there is a not so nice part of Brighton.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
I guess one thing in their favour is the transport infrastructure in this densely populated area, and they were looking at Crystal Palace park at one point, I believe?
The plan was to utilise the old national sports centre, but there were way too many NIMBYs who kicked off and said no way can it happen, and there is only one station, not the 3 near Selhurst

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The plan was to utilise the old national sports centre, but there were way too many NIMBYs who kicked off and said no way can it happen, and there is only one station, not the 3 near Selhurst
I've always felt that Palace giving up Selhurst to squat at NSC was rather ironic...

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Eh? It's surrounded by overground stations. As well as Crystal Palace, you've got Penge East and Penge West, and then Gipsy Hill and Sydenham at a push.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Could you not groundshare with Wimbledon FC?

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Well, bloody Ada, I’ve popped by here, safe in the knowledge that after Oily Glasschin’s lot fluked their way to a win at Anfield, my old mate Dougal would be here and in full flow. He’s not. I can’t decide if I’m disappointed in his lack of predictability or delighted that he’s not spraying his usual one-eyed toxins everywhere.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Until the local police agree that both clubs can take a full allocation, its unlikely I will get to see the Amex in all its glory. It is out of town though, so doesnt have the problem of being in a seedy area of Brighton. I assume there is a not so nice part of Brighton.

it's on the edge of Moulsecoomb and Coldean. Although both of these areas are more studenty than they were when we first sought planning permission, they were/are two of the poorer areas of the city. This was a fairly important factor in the decision to grant us permission

1713186827912.png

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well, bloody Ada, I’ve popped by here, safe in the knowledge that after Oily Glasschin’s lot fluked their way to a win at Anfield, my old mate Dougal would be here and in full flow. He’s not. I can’t decide if I’m disappointed in his lack of predictability or delighted that he’s not spraying his usual one-eyed toxins everywhere.
I haven’t gone away 😏

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
I will say that I’m liking ollyball and next season should be more exciting 👍
But Eze and Olise more than likely won’t be with you then, let’s face it their the only shining lights in a very poor and boring Palace lineup so I would have thought nothing to be excited about for your lot next Season😀

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
But Eze and Olise more than likely won’t be with you then, let’s face it their the only shining lights in a very poor and boring Palace lineup so I would have thought nothing to be excited about for your lot next Season😀
We shall see 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here