Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Where to start? Out of the cup with a whimper, 180 minutes against Everton and not one goal scored. Eze taken off after 60 minutes to protect him for the league game against Arsenal. Its not been good recently, Brentford aside, but it appears we have no money to improve things, and at best we will get a couple of loans. Keep hearing about mid table obscurity, I'd take that now. Perhaps you can give us 3 points in a couple of weeks, to preserve the rivalry for next season. Enjoy the rest of the European tour, but please no more Wembley appearances this year

Sounds like I have given up, not true, I'll still support, but boy the club are testing the patience of a lot of us this season

That’s because you’ve been spoilt, Roy said.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The biggest worry, given the fragile state of Palace, is they are ripe for a nation state to come in and enter the EPL on the cheap. Yes, they’d need a few bob to get the entire club up to scratch but they’ve got that. Meanwhile this tragic state of the club, its Board and lack of any plan is a joy to behold.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The biggest worry, given the fragile state of Palace, is they are ripe for a nation state to come in and enter the EPL on the cheap. Yes, they’d need a few bob to get the entire club up to scratch but they’ve got that. Meanwhile this tragic state of the club, its Board and lack of any plan is a joy to behold.
Yep, I hear Burundi are ready to pounce

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Where to start? Out of the cup with a whimper, 180 minutes against Everton and not one goal scored. Eze taken off after 60 minutes to protect him for the league game against Arsenal. Its not been good recently, Brentford aside, but it appears we have no money to improve things, and at best we will get a couple of loans. Keep hearing about mid table obscurity, I'd take that now. Perhaps you can give us 3 points in a couple of weeks, to preserve the rivalry for next season. Enjoy the rest of the European tour, but please no more Wembley appearances this year

Sounds like I have given up, not true, I'll still support, but boy the club are testing the patience of a lot of us this season
Fair play to you for coming on here - most CPFC2010 fans who post here have done a Lord Lucan.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I agree.
For any B-list petro state like Bahrain or Kuwait that want to increase their exposure by throwing money at a Premier League club, then Palace must be ripe and ready to be plucked.
However they are more likely to stick with Parish and Hodgson and continue to get totally f*cked.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I disagree completely. No ruler of a nation state would accept the disgrace and shame such an association would have.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The sooner the rivalry died it's death the happier I'll be.
It's bollox, fake and generally pathetic, for everyone involved.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Between us, Parish and the Legend that is Roy have we thrown palace fans into a grief-cycle.

1705645672953.png

We're clearly at Anger, now.
Having very obviously gone through Shock and Denial, although it feels like they did those the wrong way round.

It also feels like Bargaining isn't too far away, with a desperate need to change something.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

But despite all that this is still the most successful prolonged period in the history of the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But despite all that this is still the most successful prolonged period in the history of the club.
Yes. And isn't it lovely that it coincides with our most successful prolonged period - a time in which we're absolutely streets ahead of you, what with playing in Europe, top 6 finishes, £100m sales, current players running world cup finals, Puskas goal of the year contenders, 31k average crowds and stuff.

In. Our. Shadow. :cheers:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Does it feel like it though?

No as an old git the season we went up from div 3 to div 2 and the seasons in the 2nd tier before 1979 were my favourites, absolutely loved them.

About 4 of us mid to late teens used to go everywhere to watch football, not just palace…I go these days because it’s a habit I can’t give up, but find premier football a real ball ache and testing that habit, I have a feeling VAR might break it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yes. And isn't it lovely that it coincides with our most successful prolonged period - a time in which we're absolutely streets ahead of you, what with playing in Europe, top 6 finishes, £100m sales, current players running world cup finals, Puskas goal of the year contenders, 31k average crowds and stuff.

In. Our. Shadow. :cheers:

Well yes at the moment, can’t say I loose sleep over it if I am honest.

Good luck to you.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
No as an old git the season we went up from div 3 to div 2 and the seasons in the 2nd tier before 1979 were my favourites, absolutely loved them.

About 4 of us mid to late teens used to go everywhere to watch football, not just palace…I go these days because it’s a habit I can’t give up, but find premier football a real ball ache and testing that habit, I have a feeling VAR might break it.
A lot of us would agree about the Premier League. So much to really dislike about it and VAR is at the top of the list. If I wasn't addicted to the Albion I would have no interest in it at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here