Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Awww, bless. Dreaming of playing at iconic European grounds (even ‘just a friendly). Imagine……… :laugh:

I clicked on that tweet.

Seems NSC has been blocked. I wonder why... 😂

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 22.20.27.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They’re really not very happy, are they?

I think the ultras are going to have to write a terribly earnest, self-important letter to the players ahead of our game. Again.
They pin it on the wall and read it 17 times each whilst the ones without tickets put stewards in hospital with surprise aggression and fireworks. Then beaky gives them whatever tickets they want. Then they run through housing estates singing ‘we fuckin ate sky spowts’ and all is forgiven.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sadly, Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley are so poor, it’s hard to see beyond those three for the drop.

No matter how rubbish our Croydon friends are, they’ll probably be saved once again by there being three teams more mediocre than them.

Rinse and repeat. How exciting to be a Palarse fan, with this Groundhog Day style outcome to look forward to every year.
Luton could be the surprise package, particularly with their home form.
They've drawn with Liverpool and pushed Arsenal close recently.

They have hard home games against City/Newcastle/Chelsea coming up.
But all 3 teams are currently inconsistent and it wouldn't be too much of a shock, if Luton picked up some points from those 3 games.
They are also away at Sheff Utd and Bournemouth, before New year.

It could be that Luton are breathing down Palace's neck , by New year.
If so, Beaky is likely to get twitchy again.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Their next 6 league fixtures look good, loads of points to play for there.

(Obviously, they’ll beat us, after we have 20 shots on goal, 87% of possession, and they get a spawney one off Dunky arse)
That's a horrible run of fixtures

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No it isn't.

No it wouldn't.

He's a prat who's a bit too full of himself. That said, he doesn't sound as well as he did. He's too old for this.

I think he was fair enough in that comment, as Potter was to some degree with his history point. The trouble is they should have kept their traps shut because fans can be a bit precious. But following Beaky's 'next level' declaration, the fans can righty be pissed off with their grim performances.

Their 4 home league wins in the last 12 months:

1 April, 2-1 Leicester
29 Apr, 4-3 West Ham
13 May, 2-0 Bournemouth
3 Sep, 3-2 Wolves

Against ours:

14 Jan, 3-0 Liverpool
4 Feb, 1-0 Bournemouth
4 Mar, 4-0, West Ham
15 Mar, 1-0 Them
29 Apr, 6-0 Wolves
4 May, 1-0 ManUre
21 May, 3-1 Southampton
12 Aug, 4-1 Luton
2 Sep, 3-1 Newcastle
24 Sep, 3-1 Bournemouth
6 Dec, 2-1 Brentford

Imagine being a STH there.

Think Crystal Palace GIF by Crystal Palace Football Club
…. and a comparison of their European home games to ours?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be honest, 41 goals is pretty good for such a small club.
As said last night, on a different thread, 16 of those goals came in just 4 (four) games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A good friend who is a Pikey says it’s dismal following them home and away atm. I tell him it’s only because we are going well. They’re staying up…… what more do they want ? They’ve made no plans for their future.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A good friend who is a Pikey says it’s dismal following them home and away atm. I tell him it’s only because we are going well. They’re staying up…… what more do they want ? They’ve made no plans for their future

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The way next week's fixtures have landed would appear palace really need to take all 3 points from their game.

😆 😆 😆 😆

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The way next week's fixtures have landed would appear palace really need to take all 3 points from their game.

😆 😆 😆 😆
They are only a couple of games from dropping into the bottom three; which will mean they’ll beat us later this month 😂😂😂

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A good friend who is a Pikey says it’s dismal following them home and away atm. I tell him it’s only because we are going well. They’re staying up…… what more do they want ? They’ve made no plans for their future
I wonder how many of the last 60 odd years I'd have been bothered about the Albion persistently hanging on to a mid-table position in division 1/premier league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here