Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace derby day

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I've got my tickets for the big game in the bag. I'm travelling down from Newcastle with my two sons for their 1st Palace derby and my first one since the 5 penalty debarcle at Selhurst in 1987. I get to several away games a year but living so far away from Sussex makes each home game that can get to is a really special treat. I can't think of a Brighton game that I've looked forward so much for a long time or derby game that has so much potential importance. There are various potential scenarios in the run up to the game which explain my excitement:-

1. The Albion have picked up form since Christmas and could be on the verge of a meaningful push into the play off positions. With a couple of winnable fixtures before meeting Palace we could be in amongst it by then
2. We may even have caught them up by then and it could the game where there is an opportunity to overhaul them.
3. I think 2. is unlikely as Palace's form is still good so it could be an opportunity for us to put a big dint in their automatic promotion chances (I think Watford and Hull will be the teams chasing Cardiff anyway but it'd be nice to hammer the nail in that coffin).
4. A win for us improves the chance of a play off clash against our dear friends from Croydon.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed Amex and catching up with family and some old school mates. Oh and having a pint or three of Harveys!:cheers:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We seem to have quite a few Albion fans up in the North East, which is great considering how we seem to always beat Newcastle!

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
There is a fair few of us up here I know at least 5 other NE based Brighton fans and there are others who post on here. I try not to mention the FA Cup wins too often. Well not more than once a day! To be fair Brighton are well regarded by Toon fans for the way we play and the way we beat them

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not looking forward to the game at all. For me these fixtures are always an ordeal, and even when we went 1-up early on last time, I just could not relax and enjoy the game. Then I just watched with mounting horror as that horrific cluster of games (Wednesday-Friday-Tuesday) caught up on us, and gradually we faded away to that god awful worst-possible-scenario ending.

I'll be there. But I won't enjoy it until or unless the good guys are in front when the final whistle goes.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not good experiences in my memory either.

Last season I travelled down after lectures, arrived into Brighton station at 7.50pm, missed our goal (whilst getting a lift to the ground from the station), all I saw was the other 3, then was up at 4am the next day to make it back for Uni. Also travelled down for the game at Selhurst.
Also been at the 5-0, the 3-2 home defeat (Mcanuff if I remember correctly?), and the boring 0-0 home game back in 2002/2003.

Oh, and to top it off, I was away for the 1-0 win at Selhurst. Likewise, I'm in Krakow for the home game, so we'll probably thump 'em.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Looking forward but with dread, although got all day to celebrate if we win on St paddys day :)

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Does make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up , palace have had the rub of the green of late and are playing well at the moment , on the other hand Brighton seem to have brushed themselves down and seem to be pushing on with a few wins of late
Should make for a tence game just what footballs all about

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Does make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up , palace have had the rub of the green of late and are playing well at the moment , on the other hand Brighton seem to have brushed themselves down and seem to be pushing on with a few wins of late
Should make for a tence game just what footballs all about

Can't bloody wait, taking my 2 boys 13 & 10, the latter will be his first taste of the big game they are more excited than me.

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
My First Palace Game was the 5-0... it still hurts now.. then 3-2 game with that last mintue goal, as soon as he hit it i knew it was in.. i broke down was heartbroken! thats the first time i ever cried at a brighton game (it wasnt the last time either) that 0-0 Draw well that was boring as hell.. but the 1-0 win ooo that was sweeeeeet!! Never felt sooo happy haha!! i remember when they thought the scored in the last mintue in front of the homlesdale the fans were going mad... and then the linesmen but his flag up for offiside brillaint momment haha!! Didnt go to any of them last season as i was at Uni, But went to this years one which less said about it the better. Sooo Role on the 17th March!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One massive factor between this season and last season is the two preceding games before we play THE SCUM.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Watching Palace v Brighton is like betting your salary on a game of roulette and you have to pick red.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
My First Palace Game was the 5-0... it still hurts now.. then 3-2 game with that last mintue goal, as soon as he hit it i knew it was in.. i broke down was heartbroken! thats the first time i ever cried at a brighton game (it wasnt the last time either) that 0-0 Draw well that was boring as hell.. but the 1-0 win ooo that was sweeeeeet!! Never felt sooo happy haha!! i remember when they thought the scored in the last mintue in front of the homlesdale the fans were going mad... and then the linesmen but his flag up for offiside brillaint momment haha!! Didnt go to any of them last season as i was at Uni, But went to this years one which less said about it the better. Sooo Role on the 17th March!!

You may want to get a refund for your fees if that's the education your university provided you. Shocking use of English.

Got my ticket, got my hotel, looking forward to the match but am already prepared for that sick feeling I'll have on the morning of the game, non alcohol enduced I may add.

One massive factor between this season and last season is the two preceding games before we play THE SCUM.

The scum have may Hull and Leeds to contend with but they do have 8 free days to recover - whereas the League have stuffed us with Barnsley away on the Tuesday beforehand.

I tell you if Palace:wanker: (Mk III) F*ck up promotion this year they will NEVER have a better opportunity - every single slice of luck has been served up to them (he says, hoping that Murray gets a straight red or a legbreaker in the Leeds game:D).

AndyJD1611

Feb 4, 2012
Hassocks
I'm never sure what to think of the derby. I started supporting Albion towards the tail-end of the 2005-06 season when we got relegated from the Championship so I never really new about the rivalry, I went to the match at the AMEX last season and am going this season and to be honest, I'm feeling the same excitement as I do for any game!
I consider myself to be quite an open minded fan, win, draw or lose, at the end of the day, we will eventually be in the Premier League!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I do like to be fair to all our opponents,so to be fair Palace have been spinning along this season.

So we'll probably only win 8-0.

I'll be there !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not looking forward to the game at all. For me these fixtures are always an ordeal, and even when we went 1-up early on last time, I just could not relax and enjoy the game. Then I just watched with mounting horror as that horrific cluster of games (Wednesday-Friday-Tuesday) caught up on us, and gradually we faded away to that god awful worst-possible-scenario ending.

I'll be there. But I won't enjoy it until or unless the good guys are in front when the final whistle goes.

Exactly. That, and the idiots on both sides who crawl out of the woodwork for this game. Can't really say I'm looking forward to it at all.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've never seen us beat them, so fingers crosses we put an end to that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here