Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace crowd

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
All this guff from various Nigel gimps on here is a bit tiresome. Sure, we're not as big as WCP intimates, but we're nowhere near as plastic as you Nigel twats are. It's time to trot out my favourite Nigel support stat, that pretty much everybody should know.

Forget the handful of half-and-half scarfers or disenfranchised Chelsea fans who turn up to the Amex - this is the very definition of plastic right here:

1979 Division 2 (promoted): Palace v Burnley, attendance 51,482
1980 Division one
1981 Division one
1982 Division one (relegated)
1983 Division two
1984 Division two: Palace v Wimbledon, attendance: 4,005

Come back when we've lost 90% of the 30,000 who were turning up under Poyet FFS, you plastic dorks.

thumbs up wasnt good enough for this stat ...

Our 10 match unbeaten run is in the history books in my watching lifetime

Yeah but the magnitude of our glorious victory at the shiny Amex in the play off semi final can never be eclipsed unless you beat us in similar high stakes game
Am sure we'll meet again some sunny day :lolol:

Oh yeah this half and half scarf thing, since living in Sussex Ive seen Brighton jackets with an Arsenal hat,Brighton Hat and Man U gloves on train going to Watford v Bha he was even reading the Ryan Giggs Autobiography also Brighton tracksuit bottoms Chelsea hat!
My mate comes to work with a half half Brighton v Arsenal fa cup scarf photo to follow:ffsparr:

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
All this guff from various Nigel gimps on here is a bit tiresome. Sure, we're not as big as WCP intimates, but we're nowhere near as plastic as you Nigel twats are. It's time to trot out my favourite Nigel support stat, that pretty much everybody should know.

Forget the handful of half-and-half scarfers or disenfranchised Chelsea fans who turn up to the Amex - this is the very definition of plastic right here:

1979 Division 2 (promoted): Palace v Burnley, attendance 51,482
1980 Division one
1981 Division one
1982 Division one (relegated)
1983 Division two
1984 Division two: Palace v Wimbledon, attendance: 4,005

Come back when we've lost 90% of the 30,000 who were turning up under Poyet FFS, you plastic dorks.

It's true our average gate dropped by 65% from 1979 to 1984.

Your's dropped by 45% in the same period - 1984 being the very season after your "golden era" of 4 years top flight football .
What does that say about your support ?

Or maybe football crowds as a whole were on the decline at that time.

Anyway , all that really matters is where we are (or are not) now.
We've got the old , slightly jaded, a bit tattered, a bit bruised "character" stadium Selhurst - full of passion and sound (as observed by many a neutral).
You've got the lovely shiny Amex - full of ......... well , at least it's new and shiny.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
We've got the old , slightly jaded, a bit tattered, a bit bruised "character" stadium Selhurst - full of passion and sound (as observed by many a neutral).
You've got the lovely shiny Amex - full of ......... well , at least it's new and shiny.

'Slightly jaded, a bit tattered' is a glorious term for falling down and outdated and if 'full of passion' means abusing and intimidating away players with coins etc then good luck.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
this is the greatest fans in the world who struggled to get 14000 to pay to watch them at the start of the season they got promoted? Yeah they must be the most loyal and best fans in the country. Palace are this seasons Bradford, for those who remember Bradford in the Premier League. Difference is, Bradford will pull a crowd when playing Exeter in the third tier, palace wont any more as they can hardly pull a crowd in the championship.

The third tier? What's that? I don't think Palace have visited the nether regions of the league for fifty years apart from a brief visit in 1970's.

In fact way before your grandfather was born by the tone of your comment.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
There is indeed, and it's called the Premier League. Suddenly the place is swarming with Eastern Europeans and Chinese who want to watch a Prem League match and take home a souvenir. Give me the Championship every day.

Better enjoy it whilst you can then. My guess is there are 23 other teams you are trying to kick Gay Pride out of the Championship..

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Better enjoy it whilst you can then. My guess is there are 23 other teams you are trying to kick Gay Pride out of the Championship..

Heh. No doubt you're a bit young to recognise Big Mal giving it large to the Shed on Valentine's Day 1976 just before Peter Taylor tore Chelscum to shreds. :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The third tier? What's that? I don't think Palace have visited the nether regions of the league for fifty years apart from a brief visit in 1970's.

In fact way before your grandfather was born by the tone of your comment.
Well no. That'd be because your club has only existed since 2010, the last time you screwed your creditors.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is this the twilight zone? Since when did we refer to posters we're arguing with by their first names? It's weird.
#tw@s

Haven't they always been called Nigel ???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Calm down Simeon .

Yes, you know my first name. As you remind often me. Every. Single. Reply. In fact. You really are a bit of a gimp aren't you?

Not at all Simeon .

...it's a classic form of online bullying. The bully lets the person they are trying to intimidate know that they know something personal about the victim whilst keeping their own mask of anonymity. It's supposed to unnerve the victim and make the bully feel all-powerful. It's not just trolls, stalkers do this a lot too and it's cowardly at best and very creepy considering they don't know each other and Simster has let Dougie know that he is not okay with it. What was Dougie's immediate response to this? More of the same....And when one cyber-bully has spotted a weak point in which to attack someone, invariably like-minded bullies join in:

Just correcting Simeon with his selective figures, nothing more, nothing less.

And they wonder why I call them trolls. Quite pathetic behaviour but no doubt they'll call it banter, so that's alright.

http://www.watchyourspace.ie/your-space/faceless-nameless-merciless-anonymous-online-bullying/

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is Farage a Palace supporter then? He did go to Dulwich College as it happens...

He confirmed it last year.

"He's one of your own ,
He's one of your own ,
Nigel Farage ,
He's one of your own."

:thumbsup:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
One Palace fan thinks another's extremely weak homophobic jibe is funny...really?

'Gay Pride'...'hehe'

Have a word with yourselves, eh? This is the 21st century and I'm guessing that you're all above the legal age to vote.

I'm laughing at him thinking that I was Brighton. Which you were well aware of.

But then misrepresenting people is fair game in your book, isn't it. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here