Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace crowd

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Palace have only ever averaged over 20k four times in their history when in the second tier of English football.
That's pitiful really. Way behind Brighton of course.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Palace have only ever averaged over 20k four times in their history when in the second tier of English football.
That's pitiful really. Way behind Brighton of course.
That is a lovely stat, assuming it is true.

We used to routinely have the upper hand on the pitch as well "back in the day".

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Back to the original OP. I think he's right.

Saw this in the paper from the Holmesdale End. Would love to see us be as provocative as well.

Crystal-Palace-v-Arsenal-Premier-League.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

We used to routinely have the upper hand on the pitch as well "back in the day".

It's true all right take their top tier crowds out and it's 25 seasons in the second flight going back to 1979 since they averaged over 20k. They go on about our obsession with our bigger support but they're always all over the threads when they start. I remember the din they used to make when they were getting 12k a couple of years back................:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Saw this in the paper from the Holmesdale End. Would love to see us be as provocative as well.

Surely that is aimed at the Palace board. They receive the Premier League millions and choose how to spend it, be it on transfer fees, player wages, infrastructure investment or, as the black ninjas seem to want, on supporter initiatives.

Has Prince Charming responded at all?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I

See how much of their 60 million prize money from last season they hand down to the lower divisions. That is fking pathetic. Nothing stopping Palaces bosses cutting tickets to ten quid either.
Cvnts.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surely that is aimed at the Palace board. They receive the Premier League millions and choose how to spend it, be it on transfer fees, player wages, infrastructure investment or, as the black ninjas seem to want, on supporter initiatives.

Has Prince Charming responded at all?

I'm sure it is aimed at a number of people, including the Palace board. Will be very interesting to see how he responds. How easy is it to get these banners into a ground without having to tell management what is on them? Anyone know?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Actually we were 14th - and had been playing the drabbest football ever under Dougie (this was midweek too) .
Our next home game (v Burnley) was 21k - Not bad for a labouring mid table team with no day trippers making up the numbers.

Groupon......kids for a quid.......free caravan waxing kit.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It's true all right take their top tier crowds out and it's 25 seasons in the second flight going back to 1979 since they averaged over 20k. They go on about our obsession with our bigger support but they're always all over the threads when they start. I remember the din they used to make when they were getting 12k a couple of years back................:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All this guff from various Nigel gimps on here is a bit tiresome. Sure, we're not as big as WCP intimates, but we're nowhere near as plastic as you Nigel twats are. It's time to trot out my favourite Nigel support stat, that pretty much everybody should know.

Forget the handful of half-and-half scarfers or disenfranchised Chelsea fans who turn up to the Amex - this is the very definition of plastic right here:

1979 Division 2 (promoted): Palace v Burnley, attendance 51,482
1980 Division one
1981 Division one
1982 Division one (relegated)
1983 Division two
1984 Division two: Palace v Wimbledon, attendance: 4,005

Come back when we've lost 90% of the 30,000 who were turning up under Poyet FFS, you plastic dorks.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A little more to say on the matter...

1 > I'm pretty sure this what we were restricted to.
2> Prentendence numbers don't really count now do they ?

Why are you "restricted"?

If you and your "ultra" buddies are good boys then your chairman might let you have nice things too!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Actually there are two Palace fans there with half and half Liverpool scarves. Bless.

Makes me shudder.

I can understand half & half scarves if a non-league side draws a premiership club in the cup, or a "minnow" (Welsh / Irish) side gets Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc in a European game but a half & half with a club playing in the same league / division is truly pathetic and pitiful. Only at Palace; they've just got no class.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
All this guff from various Nigel gimps on here is a bit tiresome. Sure, we're not as big as WCP intimates, but we're nowhere near as plastic as you Nigel twats are. It's time to trot out my favourite Nigel support stat, that pretty much everybody should know.

Forget the handful of half-and-half scarfers or disenfranchised Chelsea fans who turn up to the Amex - this is the very definition of plastic right here:

1979 Division 2 (promoted): Palace v Burnley, attendance 51,482
1980 Division one
1981 Division one
1982 Division one (relegated)
1983 Division two
1984 Division two: Palace v Wimbledon, attendance: 4,005

Come back when we've lost 90% of the 30,000 who were turning up under Poyet FFS, you plastic dorks.

So you've took the highest crowd from the last game of the 1979 season, when we pipped you to the title ,
Then you took the lowest figure from the Wimbledon game in 1984 which most Palace fans boycotted.
FYI, the 79 season we averaged 23,000 odd, and 7,000 odd in 84.
A big drop, but not as big as you're suggesting .

SAC

May 21, 2014
Makes me shudder.

I can understand half & half scarves if a non-league side draws a premiership club in the cup, or a "minnow" (Welsh / Irish) side gets Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc in a European game but a half & half with a club playing in the same league / division is truly pathetic and pitiful. Only at Palace; they've just got no class.

Did you miss the Arse cup game or were you being ironic?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sure.
The first few seasons there it was impossible to get a ticket, i tried and tried ,but just couldn't get one.
i noticed after the first couple of seasons that i could get a ticket then started going. But most people were under the assumption that they couldn't get a ticket, which is why people didmt bother trying. We have probably lost 10 years of new fans because of this, but still manage to get 28,000 to a relegation battle game against fullum

So they thought it was sold out ???

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Makes me shudder.

Unfortunately, at most PL games, you get these being sold outside.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Unfortunately, at most PL games, you get these being sold outside.

I can't imagine they would sell many Liverpool-Everton, Spurs-Arsenal, Chelsea-Arsenal, Chelsea-Spurs, Man Utd-City, Newcastle-Sunderland etc...

perhaps it is just your games?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A big drop, but not as big as you're suggesting .
Good point. You were never that well supported in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here