Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does Winifred like the new songs fans have made up for him ? "Step , Step , Step , Step Over , Step Over. Dive , Dive , Dive , Dive Under , Dive Under" or "Wilfried Zaha , a Super Dive Machine" :wink::lol:

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
I love the NSC it's just a whole load of contradiction wrapped up in some php code. It's a wonder of the modern World.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I love the NSC it's just a whole load of contradiction wrapped up in some php code. It's a wonder of the modern World.

Ooh, get her. Deigning to grace us with a flying visit. You're the sadsack Palace fan who registered and posted on a rival's forum you clearly think is beneath you over 60 times in the last 3 months. who the f*ck do you think you are making out your shit doesn't stink?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Who cares? This thread is about the hypocrisy of your chairman. You're also lying when you say I think WZ is shite. So well done on both counts.

No matter how many of you lot come on here with a tag-team performances of trying to shift the argument away from his hypocrisy, none of you will acknowledge that Zaha is an habitual diver, even with one of you going to so far as to say he doesn't dive because he doesn't need to.

A bit like Gareth Bale. Or Ashley Young. Or Cristiano Ronaldo.

Outstandingly ignorant insight.

He is not an habitual diver, then again I am interested to know how you come to watch every game he has played to know he is an habitual diver.
Nice to know you are secretly a fan of ours

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Well that's progress.

I can only speak for myself and whilst I was totally gutted to lose to you, any bitterness I feel is that we did not do ourselves justice on the night, probably because of internal politics at the Albion. You won fair and square on the night and I feel no bitterness towards Palace, in fact it gives me an interest in the Premier League this season that I didn't have before. I love to see you lose and struggle but isn't that what a rivalry is about? There is nothing about your club that I envy so why would I be bitter, I am over the defeat and optimistic for this season. Now the season has started I'd rather be in our position than yours if we had to make do with the players you have in the Premier League. Your shining light has gone and Murray (who I really like) is out long term.

But even if we do come straight back down we are a lot better for it, we have the money and also a better team.
Actually I am more optimistic about our chances now than I ever was before the season started, we have battled hard and not been the easy to beat team everyone expected us to be. I definitely would rather not be in you're position and I sincerely mean that.
Also IF you get to the premier league, do you really think you will be able to attract top class players or will you have to make do with what the bigger teams never wanted?
Not to mention you have Barber who does not like to see you're club spending any money and will just say FFP.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Ooh, get her. Deigning to grace us with a flying visit. You're the sadsack Palace fan who registered and posted on a rival's forum you clearly think is beneath you over 60 times in the last 3 months. who the f*ck do you think you are making out your shit doesn't stink?

computer-rage-19636039.jpg

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The only one who comes out of this with any vague credibility is Moyes. Though as someone pointed out, he could also simply drop Young for 3 games every time he dived...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Au contraire, EaglesblahblahSeagulls. I swear a lot. It doesn't mean I've lost my temper. My question still stands. What makes you so special.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He is not an habitual diver, then again I am interested to know how you come to watch every game he has played to know he is an habitual diver.
Nice to know you are secretly a fan of ours

You don't need to get past those first six words to appreciate your point of view is meaningless.

Of course, you may live your life in isolation; me, I talk to supporters of many other clubs - my weekend sideline dictates than I need to. And guess what...? See if you can work out the rest.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
To be honest it's pretty obvious that Prince Charming had to get Zaha off the books before he could attempt to take the moral high ground over diving.

Sadly for him the history is not forgotten :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The only one who comes out of this with any vague credibility is Moyes. Though as someone pointed out, he could also simply drop Young for 3 games every time he dived...

I also wonder if he'd be so anti-diving if it was a little less obvious. This anti-diving sentiment comes and goes. Generally there will be a lot of dives every weekend and it will be justified somehow - there was contact, he didn't dive he was just making sure the ref knew he was fouled, when you run really fast the slightest touch will knock you over, etc.

Every once in a while there is a comically obvious dive that no manager can justify and they have to come out and criticise it. Then the media get on the case, referees book a few players, then one player who fell flamboyantly is shown to have actually been fouled and the diving bookings start to dry up and we're back where we were until the next time there's an obvious dive.

Until people want all forms of diving removed from the game instead of excusing incidents where there may have been contact, incidents where there is a foul but players fall theatrically, and accept that in the process of removing diving sometimes refs will get it wrong and not get on their case about it diving will continue in the game.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You don't need to get past those first six words to appreciate your point of view is meaningless.

Of course, you may live your life in isolation; me, I talk to supporters of many other clubs - my weekend sideline dictates than I need to. And guess what...? See if you can work out the rest.

Well its certainly not proof reading.

Yep, you are superior :bla: Only you're opinon counts :bla: You are right and I am obviously wrong :bla:

Thanks for the reasoned, intelligent input though

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013

Errr... you spend your weekends discussing Palace with anyone who will listen? :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But even if we do come straight back down we are a lot better for it, we have the money and also a better team.
Actually I am more optimistic about our chances now than I ever was before the season started, we have battled hard and not been the easy to beat team everyone expected us to be. I definitely would rather not be in you're position and I sincerely mean that.
Also IF you get to the premier league, do you really think you will be able to attract top class players or will you have to make do with what the bigger teams never wanted?
Not to mention you have Barber who does not like to see you're club spending any money and will just say FFP.

I can see why you think like you do, I hardly expect you to accept certain relegation! Who knows you may be right, although I can't see it.

As for Barber, that would be a continuance of a policy that hasn't seen us **** over creditors TWICE. Not really something to be sarcy about..unless of course you are a Palace fan who thinks that is an acceptable way to run a club :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Errr... you spend your weekends discussing Palace with anyone who will listen? :thumbsup:

Do you actually have anything to add to the discussion, rather than rather boring one line responses that say nothing of consequence?

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Do you actually have anything to add to the discussion, rather than rather boring one line responses that say nothing of consequence?

Responding to your 'Large One'.

Do any of the posts on any fans forum say anything of consequence? Is it not all opinion and derision?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports