Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - impossible for them to get off their stripey arses

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blimey. Whatever happened to 'ignore it if you aren't interested'?

They were bordering on spam/trolling though, as per my earlier post.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As a Palace fan, I will miss majors attendance threads they always made me smile.

BTW I think the capacity of Selhurst park is just under 25000 these days.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Ok it's been far too long without a Palace attendance thread.:rave:

With their brilliant new additions to their squad does anyone think they can break the 25,000 official home attendance figure before the end of the year ?

With a capacity of 26.5k and thousands of tickets unsold for Spurs (23k) and even more for Sunderland (22k) can anyone of the following matches see the shy Nigels smash through the magical barrier ?

Brilliant

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm going to say this only once. Despite Palace playing in a dilapidated dump and wearing Jester outfits on the pitch, despite that I loathe their club and the way they have abused the trust of creditors and supporters down the years. Despite the ridiculous Tango and Steve "hairdo" Parrish and operation yewtree suspect "kid" Jenson, despite the cheerleaders and gormless pillocks they recruited as " welcomers", despite boxing day, the chrystal palace misspelling and the gay "sash" strip...

Their support and it's passion puts us to shame.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
What I dont get about all these attendance bashings is that surely you realise that with our "dump" of a ground and our terrible attendance's which are no match for your Amex attendances we still manage to be better than you and in the Premier League. Thats gotta a hurt. For the record, we are all aware Selhurst is in need of a major refurb, but if and when we do his we too will have that spike of 'new fans' that you are experiencing now. That test of these fans will be when you do not make the holy land for a few seasons and see if they are still with you. But in any case as we have proved we all know its not only about attendances..dont we?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
What I dont get about all these attendance bashings is that surely you realise that with our "dump" of a ground and our terrible attendance's which are no match for your Amex attendances we still manage to be better than you and in the Premier League. Thats gotta a hurt. For the record, we are all aware Selhurst is in need of a major refurb, but if and when we do his we too will have that spike of 'new fans' that you are experiencing now. That test of these fans will be when you do not make the holy land for a few seasons and see if they are still with you. But in any case as we have proved we all know its not only about attendances..dont we?

Agreed. I don't like it but it's true. I used to get pissed off when people laughed at Brighton because we played at an athletics track in front of 8,000 fans..it wasn't our fault but we were roundly lambasted by everyone. Palace have not got a swanky new ground and are situated in a grim suburb. Taking the piss out of Selhurst is like laughing at someone with a congenital disability. It ain't their fault.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Agreed. I don't like it but it's true. I used to get pissed off when people laughed at Brighton because we played at an athletics track in front of 8,000 fans..it wasn't our fault but we were roundly lambasted by everyone. Palace have not got a swanky new ground and are situated in a grim suburb. Taking the piss out of Selhurst is like laughing at someone with a congenital disability. It ain't their fault.

Thing is i understand that for any club to progress you generally need more fans. Selhurst really isnt condusive to enticing a new generation. Trust me ive tried taking my daughter to the toilets in the Arthur! To be fair we have tried to spruce up the place, lipstick on a pig i know! But the owners have said that if we stay up they will push forward with ground developments. As Palace fans we have all more than excepted that we have a rubbish ground so really the insults dont really hurt. Most Palace fans would love an Amex or similar, this gives you an opportunity to push on. The infrastructure is all their for you lot, you just need to get up somehow(please god no!). Most palace fans i know find all the attendances things pretty funny

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's not all about attendances, but since the Amex opened we've had Palace muppets come on here and, to a lesser extent, Twitter to mock our increased attendance and tell us that it won't lay past the 1st, and now 2nd, season. Fact is that it has with bells on, so I can understand Major ramming it down their throats.

As an aside. A search for #bhafc on twitter on Sunday morning saw a Palace fan attempting to mock the half empty Amex that he reckoned he'd seen on the FLS highlights. So it works both ways.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Thing is i understand that for any club to progress you generally need more fans. Selhurst really isnt condusive to enticing a new generation. Trust me ive tried taking my daughter to the toilets in the Arthur! To be fair we have tried to spruce up the place, lipstick on a pig i know! But the owners have said that if we stay up they will push forward with ground developments. As Palace fans we have all more than excepted that we have a rubbish ground so really the insults dont really hurt. Most Palace fans would love an Amex or similar, this gives you an opportunity to push on. The infrastructure is all their for you lot, you just need to get up somehow(please god no!). Most palace fans i know find all the attendances things pretty funny

You have far bigger clubs nearby to contend with. It's pretty impressive that you still attract enough support to get a team together that got to the EPL. Until we achieve the same feat and until our newer fans understand that support means more than just buying a season ticket you will be a bigger club than us. You've got a smaller but more passionate fanbase. I'd rather that than 30k sitting in silence and moaning about the hor d oeuvres in the 1901.

You might have fluked your place in them, but you clearly deserved it over the playoffs. I hate it, I hate that we just rolled over at the AMEX, I hate Wurzel and think Parrish is an embarrassment but it's you that are playing Liverpool and Man Utd. Whilst we are still mucking about with the Bournemouths and Millwalls of this world.

Good luck to you. It's just bad sportsmanship to keep banging on about who's best and who has the better ground. Your lot played better than us when it mattered most. Bragging rights are yours....for now.

The south will rise again.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
You have far bigger clubs nearby to contend with. It's pretty impressive that you still attract enough support to get a team together that got to the EPL. Until we achieve the same feat and until our newer fans understand that support means more than just buying a season ticket you will be a bigger club than us. You've got a smaller but more passionate fanbase. I'd rather that than 30k sitting in silence and moaning about the hor d oeuvres in the 1901.

You might have fluked your place in them, but you clearly deserved it over the playoffs. I hate it, I hate that we just rolled over at the AMEX, I hate Wurzel and think Parrish is an embarrassment but it's you that are playing Liverpool and Man Utd. Whilst we are still mucking about with the Bournemouths and Millwalls of this world.

Good luck to you. It's just bad sportsmanship to keep banging on about who's best and who has the better ground. Your lot played better than us when it mattered most. Bragging rights are yours....for now.

The south will rise again.

Whilst we may be playing the big boys (went to Stoke away and going to Man U next week)- it doesn't compare the excitement as playing a real rival like you lot or the scum (not so much Charlton as I know that upsets that they have nobody that hates them).

Here's hoping for an FA Cup draw!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Whilst we may be playing the big boys (went to Stoke away and going to Man U next week)- it doesn't compare the excitement as playing a real rival like you lot or the scum (not so much Charlton as I know that upsets that they have nobody that hates them).

Here's hoping for an FA Cup draw!

Be careful what you wish for fella.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know. I guess that's why the thread starter is so obsessed with attendances - it's the only area where over the past two years we can claim superiority. Mind you I'm sure our pies are better and I bet our programme pisses all over yours as well. However by using measures that actually count, such as success on the pitch, you are superior and have been for decades. And to make it worse whenever we DO manage to get one over you (such as the 3-0 home win) you always manage to trump it a month or so later. And you were the first away team to win a league match at our shiny new home in front of our massive support which is also a fact we try and forget or bluster around. Our inferiority complex is now so ingrained that a Palace fan just has to show up one here and some of the more cowed and beaten Brighton fans squeal for them to be corralled into a separate section as they can't stand it any more.

Never mind, perhaps my grandchildren will get a chance to relish the boot being on the other foot for a change - and I haven't got any grandchildren yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here